Fetish Explanation Thread

Discussion in 'Locker Room Talk' started by TwoStar, Jul 21, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    Okay, so here's the deal.
    One time I read that scientists theorize that the origins of fetishes stem from events so traumatizing to a person that their brain links the related item to sexual stimulation. So, in this thread we attempt to make up an event early in a child's life that would create the fetish for them. (Only explain fetishes, though, that you have actually observed someone to have.)

TL;DR: We explain fucked-up things that happen to someone that would make them fap to it.

2. Love You Too

Love You Too
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Sucking D
    foot fetish - mommy stuck foot inside baby

3. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    Why would there be an explanation thread? D=

4. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    I just wanted to see the creativity of others.

5. Love You Too

Love You Too
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Sucking D
    necrophilia- mom died in childbirth

6. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

fetishes are developed from events that occur to us during our child hood moreso early childhood. all of them

7. Love You Too

Love You Too
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Sucking D
    And all have to do with sexual abuse from mommy and/or daddy.

8. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    They are fine, unless you are a furry or something REALLY fucked up.

9. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    I already said that.
    Yes, but you are missing the point of this thread.

10. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

nah lol it doesnt have to be them it can be anyone and it doesnt always have to be sexual to turn into something sexual as you develop and your subconcious attempts to process it

11. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

nope u were missing like 80% of it i had to inform your subscribers of the truth

12. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    I think you forgot to switch usernames to dancingfatkid so it looks like you are 2 different people again.

13. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    true is true

14. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

who the fuck is dancing fat kid if you think im some retard on here your dumb bro im 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat motherfucker

15. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    IT'S ME BRO.

16. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

is that you mom

17. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    Yes, and i look at what you post. Im ashamed of you. You're no son of mine.

18. Ty_Glitchblade

Ty_Glitchblade
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

idc you never really loved me anyway it was always marsha MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA

19. Dancingfatkid

Dancingfatkid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Fascist
    Home Page:
    MARSHA IS BETTER THAN YOU WILL EVER BE YOU LITTLE BASTARD

20. LizTaylorsGhost

LizTaylorsGhost
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Being Dead
    Scientists are evil. Jesus told me this. Why would you read something they wrote. THANK GOD IT WAS ONLY ONE TIME.

21. Stephen

Stephen
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Animu fetishes stem from too much 4kids?

22. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    wat

23. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    This is one I found on dA. http://cordefr.deviantart.com/art/Go-see-a-shrink-95481196 (look at those sickfucks on the comment section)

Go see a shrink...

by *cordefr

The hunting season must have been opened, because the number of negative comments on Damsel in Distress drawings is on the rise. And so is the number of journals I see of artists of our community that want to quit, or are just unhappy with what they do.

It's too bad...

I guess you have seen them all, those comments that go like "Freak, why are you drawing all these girls tied up?"

Well, it is a question that merits an answer. The answer is simple though: "Because I like to!" The more interesting question is, why do I like that?

I remember playing as a child tie up games with my sister. It started out as a dare: can you tie me up so that I can't get loose again? Well, very quickly we were capable of doing just that (loop and cinch, short pieces of ropes to reduce slack, knots carefully out of reach), and then we lost interest in that game. We still played Cowboys and Indians, but that was it.

Later came television series as The Avengers and cartoons like Penny Gadget. In those series and lots of others, the heroines are regularly tied up by the villains and reduced to helplessness. I loved them! The suspense rises! Will the hero come in time, before the deathtrap springs or the bomb explodes? We know the answer in advance of course: yes, he does. The damsel is never ever in real danger. Obviously, as the series has to continue next week with another episode ...

So why did I like those situations with a Damsel in Distress? It's very simple, really.

When you're 15-16 years old, girls start to emerge in your little universe, but boy... are they hard to get! In contrast to those uncatchables of the opposite sex, there are the Avengers. We see Emma Peel, an attractive lady dressed in sexy outfits. And she can't escape! She's all tied up! So different from every day life, where the girls in majority are distant, inaccessible, free. Better still, the damsel on television is in distress, waiting desperately for help. My help obviously, because one identifies with the hero, never with the villains. And the hero gets the damsel, at the end of the episode. We all know that.

The next step is that these television situations get translated in day dreams. No longer it's Emma Peel that has to be rescued, but the girl next door, or that sexy math professor at the University. And the hero? Me. Always.

Well, for me that was only one part of the equation. Because the girls are hard to get for us ordinary guys, and because they certainly don't want to get tied down in the literal sense, I started to experiment with tying up myself. It is not too easy to do in a satisfying save way, but as you can imagine it adds a dimension to the fantasy.

However, for me that was a phase that passed quickly, and so did the rest of the bondage and damsel in distress scenarios.

Of course, there was a reason that these fantasies passed. Bondage and its big brother BDSM, are sexual fetishes. Not exactly mainstream subjects in the media. And also tainted with a bad reputation. Remember that it was always the villain doing the tying up? Did you notice that on television the guy tying up the girl, always turns out to be the dangerous criminal, the psycho? I had heard about love bondage, but the occasional love bondage scene in a movie usually turns ugly as well.

No, if you're interested in bondage and the like, then quickly you start to see yourself as a bit weird, different from others and you don't dare to talk about it. Especially not to the girls. So my bondage phase slipped away, while I dated some girls in the classic, vanilla version.

Not for long: bondage found me again.

In the mean time I had moved to France. You might think that this made the difference: "Oh la la" and the Marquis de Sade and all that, but no. The woman who reintroduced me to bondage was actually British. And surprise, she wanted to tie meup. She turned out to be rather dominant and she didn't want to have it the other way around. Oh well, I wasn't complaining, not even about her collection of discipline material. Not always, that is.

That relationship didn't last, we weren't really compatible, but she opened my eyes. Not only she knew other people who were "into it", in real life and via the Internet, she also showed me the sensual side of bondage.

I realized by then also a more important thing. Our Western society is more than a little bit schizophrenic when it comes to sex. Our Judeo-Christian heritage has turned it into something to be ashamed of, something one doesn't talk about in public. Sex is not supposed to leave the bedroom, let alone sex in its more arcane variations. That attitude is completely artificial and subject to change: in the Victorian age a woman wasn't permitted to show as much as a bare ankle. So we did make someprogress in the last century. Bondage and even BDSM are now debatable. Barely so, and it's too often shown as abnormal, but things are changing. DeviantArt has 100 new submission with "bondage" as keyword every day.

Yes, guys and gals, we bondage fetishists, we seem to have become pretty normal after all.

Back to my own case. I have been married for almost twenty years now, and I introduced my wife to bondage. (After a few years of mariage, still chicken as I was...) She liked it. We play, often enough to keep us happy. It's a compromise, one I can live with. But then, so is the whole sex thing, I suppose.

And the rest of the time? Well, I have a job, enjoy my family, play backgammon, read books, play the stock market... and I draw a few women in bondage!

The author of this, has a daughter who goes to college.

24. FormaldehydeFag

FormaldehydeFag
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Someone call the Party Van.

25. Negi Springfield

Negi Springfield
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

No...

More like from exposure to shitty cartoons at a young age. Re: Disney movies, cartoons on TV, and horrible "comic books" like most Marvel shitty so called classics.

26. FormaldehydeFag

FormaldehydeFag
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

How would Sigmund Freud have reacted had he saw how many sexual fetishes there are?

27. HyperHominid

HyperHominid
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Asshole Marine Furfag
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

28. TwoStar

TwoStar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Doing nothing all day
    Home Page:
    BDSM stems from having a large ego while watching old cartoons? That's what I got from this.

29. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I just want to feel powerful. Thats why I am into BDSM.

30. Lil T - The TrolledGod

Lil T - The TrolledGod
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Based Disciple
    I liked how he tried to pass off his fetish as totally normal, which is just laughable at best. A quick glance at his dA profile will tell you he has some kind of unhealthy obsession with it. Shit's not normal.