FBI: We're Not Winning War Against Hackers - Duh

Discussion in 'News' started by zaiger, Mar 30, 2012.

1. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    anon-hacker-loic.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Hackers-FBI-Shawn-Henry-Anonymous-LulzSec,news-14627.html

idk why they even try. The internet is like the lawless old west and ED is Tombstone, AZ.

2. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

companies should keep their private information on an internal network which is not connected to the internet. it's the only way.

alas, companies are stupid.

also I like my lawless internet, makes things a bit more interesting, a bit more fun.

3. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

dago
    They can always keep arresting some no-name random basement dweller 12 years old pretending to be straight on the track of Anonymous leaders or whatever

4. The Lieutenant

The Lieutenant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The Lieutenant
    You mean the Federal Bureau of Investigation is unable to fight an indeterminately yet undoubtedly superior sized group of people, some of which may well have designed the very software that is being used in an attempt to stop them? Who would have thought.

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Of course they can't stop hackers, FBI has no jurisdiction in Russia. So instead, they spend our tax money fucking around with teenagers on IRC servers trying to make it look like they're accomplishing something by throwing 40 year sentences at children.

6. The Lieutenant

The Lieutenant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The Lieutenant
    Well, it's good form to randomly arrest minors for dubious charges. Bad society otherwise.

7. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
  8. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
  9. birthmother

birthmother
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Friend
    Home Page:
    It's funny when government crackdowns affect everyone BUT the people they're intended to. See: gun control.

10. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

indeed, criminals don't obey the law, it's kinda part of the job description.

11. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Incompetent buffoons, All they need to do is install ubuntu and magically all their security issues will disappear they dont even need strong passwords or antivirus or intrusion detection or even to change their passwords from cisco1 ubuntu fixes all that

Its magic :tux:

12. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    True.

13. FuckCensorship

FuckCensorship
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Apparently not-so-obvious troll.
    Home Page:
    Has Obama publicly announced the War On Hackers yet?

14. Gregor

Gregor
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

They need Norton!

15. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    [​IMG]

16. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
  17. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

18. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    All of this. It baffles me that corps keep their networks hooked up, particularly when study after study shows internet access decreases productivity.
    They moved it to Church street. Castro is the heroin district now.

19. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

and @I_Cant
    That's what i never understood, make sensitive files transferred over the internet! in a unified format anybody can hack and intercept break into and obtain!
    I also think that things like geographically based networks should be applied, certain websites and info can only be obtained by people who live in a particular area.

Such as.

People looking for schools, for streets, and public records.
    Unless you live in that area, you need a special permission grant to have access.
    Also i want to see something done with this fucked up social networking.
    There probably should in the future, be something like facebook, but you access a site based in your suburb or city, and only residents can sign up, and you get to know other people in your area, and have a chat, for people working they can after work spend some time in chatrooms making small talk and making friends.
    It retains the community spirit of Yore, but puts it on local computer networking.

20. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

So basically you support a globalized network government agency to regulate anyone conducting business online.

NO.

21. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    What if I need directions somewhere? Like I need to outsource my raping and need somewhere random to do it? Are you against rape tourism? Let me tell you that rape tourism stimulates the economy and the strength of our currency (Rape Dollars).

22. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    We already have one. The NSA is currently building the data center that will hold it all in Utah. http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/1

Not that it is likely to help, as all the info in the world does not compensate for agent who are still being trained to fight the Cold War against Russia.

23. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

No you numbskull, the idea is having network infrastructure as part of a city's infrastructure paid for by the people and maintained by city hall, it puts up firewalls to protect data and access is revelant on where you live, only websites made for free knowledge that is encyclopedic in nature would sites like Ehow Howstuffworks Wikipedia and Britannica be available no matter where you live.

In other words, if the internet was like this, there would be no google, because everything gets kept airtight, access is divided and so is the ownership of the infrastructure.
    Things would probably be allot safer, we all know Google's one big mission is to make millions selling dirt on people in important jobs or positions to others who intend to blackmail them.

24. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Tourism weakens the economy far more than any global recession alone can do.
    It's like a niiiiger on Welfare, take away the Welfare the niiiiger starves to death and dies.
    Take away Tourism in a place that has thrown away every other method of commerce and the entire city or province goes bust withers and dies.
    Someone who knows how to work and provide for themselves in tough times can still make it through,
    a niiiiger who has spent all his life dependant on welfare and doing nothing for himself, will not.
    See my Analogy?

25. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

You have some kind of long winded gimmick on here or something? Fuck dude, get to the point. And the point is you contradict yourself in the first sentence.

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Short story is Internet should be a paid for by tax and maintained independantly by it's own city people, it should be like a public library in virtual form, and social networking should be limited to people networking with people in their own city or town of residence that way people will go out more often, particularly teenagers rather than the typical teenage scenario of having a boyfriend or girlfriend on the other side of the earth.

And if it was run that way, there would be minimum risk of commercial data mining.

27. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

City tax revenues are only collected in major cities. You just disconnected more the 3/4 the world, asshole.

And now you're anti-internet? ACTUALLY YOU'RE JUST FAKE.

28. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I did? Awesome

29. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

it's an interesting idea, but I can't see people wanting to limit themselves like that.

chances are that the networking sites which are not geographically limited would still retain more popularity than the local versions, and said local versions would just become e-ghettos once the novelty wears off of these people ACTUALLY LIVING NEAR YOU!!!1111

30. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I was under the impression that the internet was largely reliant on the market.