Fastest "Keyboard" to type with, Meet the DataHand...

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by RhinoPak, Aug 12, 2018.

1. RhinoPak

RhinoPak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Shooting People
    [​IMG]
    "The DataHand keyboard was introduced in 1995 by DataHand Systems, Inc. It was invented by Dale J. Retter and was produced by Industrial Innovations as early as 1992. The keyboard consists of two completely separate "keyboards", one for the left hand and one for the right, that are molded to rest the user's hands on. This allows the user to place each hand wherever it is most comfortable to them. Each finger activates five buttons, the four compass directions as well as down. The thumbs also have five buttons, one inside and two outside as well as up and down. The button modules in which the fingers rest are adjustable to best fit the user's hands—each side can be independently moved up and down, towards the palm or farther away.
    This ergonomic layout allows for all typing to occur without any wrist motion, as well as without any finger extension. The keyboard layout is initially similar to a QWERTY keyboard, but the middle two columns of keys (i.e. H,Y,G...) have been delegated to sideways finger movements, and all of the keys outside of the main three rows are accessed through two additional modes, including a mode for mousing. There are three primary modes all together: letters, number and symbols, and function / mouse mode. Some practice is required. However, eventual typing speedups are possible.

Also of note is the button design—instead of being spring-loaded, the buttons are held in place with magnets and are activated using optical sensors. This was done in order to dramatically reduce the finger workload while optimizing tactile feedback."

How to use.

By the way, it has A steep learning curve that once mastered really does help in typing speed.

Also, it's not being sold commercially anymore.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 2
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  2. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    Rad.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List
  3. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

ez-4-4e1c81199d.

4. Linkermann

Linkermann
    Expand Collapse
    Plain and Simple

It looks ugly.

5. Lazarus+

Lazarus+
    Expand Collapse
    Verbal Laudanum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j6_H-PSml0
    Home Page:
    innovative control system

love it

6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide
    Yeah, tried a clone of this, and they aren't really all that comfortable to use.
    Also, the dust proofing on both the original and the clones was terrible, so dust would seep in and settle, fucking with the optics.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. AmbrJones Wickenshire

AmbrJones Wickenshire
    Expand Collapse
    Token Black Woman

Welfare Leach
    I wonder if these would come back if they fix the issue. It reminds me of this peripheral I once used to train myself to get used to all the buttons on a keyboard.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide
    Calling your malformed knobbly vagina a peripheral doesn't make it any less disgusting

9. Choni

Choni
    Expand Collapse
    Anchor Baby Jihadist

[​IMG]

• Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • List