Fallout New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Infamous, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Regi

Regi
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

original shitposter
    Home Page:
    caesar legion's looks more like fascist rather than commie

2. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    They aren't purely or primarily bodyguards, they are heavy troopers, they are used when extreme firepower is called for. You will see them participate in hit squads, patrols, and guard duty as well as guarding VIPs. Yes, they cannot maintain or use power armor, only BOS can, but they are at least trying instead of kitting up at Big 5 like Caesar.

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    They're primitive compared to the groups I've cited. That's my point. The NCR taking control of everything would cripple what technological advancement these groups have made as they'd be at the mercy of the NCR's bureaucracy. Just look at what happened at Helios One. The NCR, like Caesar and House, only cares about obtaining and maintaining power. Under the guise of democracy, of course.

4. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    They aren't intelectually stifling, they have representative government and free trade. The interest in Helios One, power armor, vertiberds, and Vault 13 all point to a consistent interest in scientific curiousity, if you can't see that very plain, very simple thing, you're stupid. However, I believe we've already established you are stupid. This isn't even an argument, this is me making good points and you covering your ears and shrieking "NO NO NO NO NO NO".

5. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    Wait, I thought the BOS can be convinced to side against the Legion. Or am I too for removed from the game to remember? I'm pretty sure I helped the NCR as far as I could without actually giving them NV.

6. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    you can convince the BOS to make a treaty with the NCR. Seriously guys

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki for all your reatarded, casual, console playing questions like that.

7. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    You're being mean...again:(

8. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Okay so how does that contradict anything I wrote?

9. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I contradicted EVERYTHING you said. Seriously baya, just leave the thread, you've never been entertaining, and your whole posting persona is just based on "no u" and strawman arguments.

The NCR is the best hope for peace in prosperity in a futuristic wasteland. They are very clearly committed to advancement. They have agricultural programs (Shady Sands, the NCR capital was heavily teraformed from desert to become quite green), military and civil technologies (interest in Helios 1, Vault 13), and they run research labs, one of which is in camp McCarran. You're stupid, and a johnny come lately to the fallout series.

10. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Ah, I see the problem. There's been miscommunication. I don't want peace or prosperity.

11. Web v1.0

Web v1.0
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Interesting post, but could you please elaborate on his genocidal ambitions?

I'd side with House. Because I have come to the conclusion that every faction that is not some kind of hedonistic gang or Yes Man, are reactionaries. The Legion wants to return to the Roman Empire. NCR and The Enclave to the US. The BoS to their former glory. Mr. House to his youth. What sets Mr. House apart is that he actually experienced what he wants to return to - in stark contrast to the Legion that is literally a construct from old books.

What I'd have most qualms about is the destruction of the BoS. However, I doubt that they even considered a political solution when NCR appeared, so they're pretty much doomed anyway. Anihilation or assimilation...

12. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    please don't post in this forum ever again.

13. Web v1.0

Web v1.0
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Why? Becasue most of the factions in FNV are reactionaries and that Mr. House is the best reactionary?

With that said, any educated guesses/wishes about F4/FNV2?

14. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    stop posting.

15. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy

I sided with Yes Man, just because he has a face you can trust. You know?
    I enjoyed the thought of a robot leader like Yes Man because it wouldn't make decisions that were the result of a greedy nature, or desire for power. Being without the ability to understand human concepts may throw a wrench into the mix, though. I didn't really think about the Courier being in an actual position of power, just a mover and shaker to put someone else into that role: namely, a smiling securitron.

Mr. House was not a reactionary. He developed new technologies to bring the world forward into the future using robotics, including building himself a network to house his frail body for over a hundred years. If anything, I guess he might be considered libertarian, wanting no one ruling over his business in New Vegas, especially government interlopers.

The only real "reactionary" tribes in the Mojave Wasteland were The NCR, and Ceasar's Legion: their views were that of reactionaries, but only due to their clinginess to the past/old traditions like that of the Roman Empire with slavery/old-world government with taxation and land-annexation. Most of the others were simply fending for themselves without thought or consideration to what had been done before/too stupid to understand a social structure that would allow them to be prolific.

16. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    Always win with Cesar. Better to kill everything in site than do those those "help me help me" missions.

17. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    meathead
    Just no; this is baya rae level bad thinking. Gb2 school bitch.

18. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
  19. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I actually have more sympathy for Caesar's Legion than with any other faction. My only opposition is their distrust of... basically anything and everything that would benefit mankind and propel them out of the post-nuclear wasteland. That includes doing utterly stupid things like blowing up major industrial centers, sources of electricity and infrastructure. Most of which was merely a war measure which means it was short-sighted as fuck. Still, their methods make sense if nothing else.

Were I able, I'd had Caesar's Legion act as an autonomous army designed to act as a vanguard to my technological empire. Hopefully Ulysses would be able to convince his former brothers to fight under my flag in my hypothetical scenario.

How is House not a reactionary? He wishes to restore Las Vegas to its former glory and use it as some sort of beacon to usher in the easy living and prestige of the old world. I'm pretty sure he outright states it at some point. I'm trying to think of groups that aren't reactionaries but most of them are merely politically apathetic, not ideological.

20. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    What about the slavers at paradise falls ? Clearly they offer the best hope for the wasteland :point:

21. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    no. no. no. no. no. you're retarded.

22. FlamingTofuSquare

FlamingTofuSquare
    Expand Collapse
    Dramatis Personæ

I found the legion path to be boring as fuck, because I actually enjoy doing sidequests, and once you side with Caesar, there's not a lot of Legion-specific quests, and most non-Legion ones are for factions who start shooting at you once you get in too deep with the Legion.

I had a hard time being an evil character in both of those games - I guess I'm just too goshdarn nice to begin with. But I also noticed that in some games, evil-side quests tend to be an enormous pain in the ass to get through, even moreso than the village idiots and inept NCR officers that have you running all over kingdom come doing their jobs for them. I know I'm a courier by profession, but DAMN, are your legs broken, you sad sack of shit? (Only Boxcars has that excuse.)

23. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Not the same thing. Slavery, for Caesar's Legion, is a means to an end and not an end in itself. Everything they do is a means to an end, the end being the creation and maintenance of a powerful martial nation. Funny enough they have more in common with the Mongols and Spartans than the Romans. The NCR has a lot more in common with the Romans, actually.

I've also noticed that the relation between House, the NCR and Caesar's Legion has a real world example as recent as twenty years ago. (Though, obviously, nothing close to the actual idealogical differences, merely a battle between tribes.) But it's probably just a coincidence.

Uh, okay.

24. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    your capability to appreciate an intelligent argument, much less formulate one, is non-existant. I say this in all seriousness.

25. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    The Think Tank and Mobius cannot be reasoned with completely. Elijah doesn't care about benefitting anyone, but himself. Joshua Graham lives only for revenge, besides what could he offer you? Ulysses could be helpful, as a general or trusted aide of sorts, but you would have to first convince him to stop hating you for destroying the Divide.

I have a nightmare scenario. I would side with Elijah and the Think Tank, and help create armies of lobotomites, robots, and ghost people to blanket the Earth.

If I can't do that, then I will do everything I can to assist House.

26. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Do you notice the paradox in your mind? On one hand you're full of hatred for Humanity and on the other you'd support (his own egotism aside) the last known hope Humanity has.

As far as Elijah is concerned, I agree. Never said he wanted to benefit anyone. I'd use his hatred against the NCR and BOS to strike an alliance with him. As far as Graham is concerned, he only seeks to protect the Dead Horses (and the Sorrows, to a lesser degree) and keep them within Zion. Something I'd use to strike an alliance with him. As my uncle once told me: Everybody has a price, you just have to find out what it is.

BTW, have you played Red Dead Redemption yet?

27. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    No no. I don't want to kill humanity, I just want to make it harder to live. Set the difficulty from Hard to Insane. Want to see what sort of people could overcome these difficulties. As for supporting House, I must say, I was most moved by his ideas. He doesn't have all the resources or mobility, so the Courier is essential to his plans. The definite rebirth of Las Vegas, and possibly the Old World America.

Not for a long time. Know enough about the plot and the characters. I honestly don't remember when you last asked me.

28. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    If history is any indication then rotten bastards.

Play it until the end, bro. Also, play Bioshock if you haven't already.

29. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:

"That all you got, robot?"

Funniest part of the whole game.

30. Sugar Bombs

Sugar Bombs
    Expand Collapse
    Daddy