Fallout New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Infamous, Jul 17, 2011.

1. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Lol, good idea, there was a shitton of junk in there. i did and sold most of the stuff myself.. well, next time. :D
    Nice strategy! I tried rifleman for a while, it's brutal in combo, with sniper and other perks... But i decided to go back to older save and try commando instead. I ended up using kiloton radium rifle which was also affected by demolition expert and nuclear physicist - farting out fusion cores in flight was another fun thing to try. You're ultimately right that shotguns are still probably most powerful weapons, with the fact that each pellet is affected by the legendary attribute - i had one with the bleeding effect, but i had to put it away eventually - shooting mirelurk queen, or basically any enemy, from a long distance 2-3 times and watching its health bar instantly evaporate wasn't all that enjoyable.

2. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I like the challenge so far. Luckily I'm already pretty good at playing safely since I had to run from danger in the no-kill playthrough. I do have to keep reminding myself not to collect raw meat since I can't cook it and I won't eat anything that can make me sick.

I think I'm gonna use aqua boy / girl perk though since the rules are already pretty strict and that perk doesn't really get op until level 2, which isn't until level 21 anyway.

3. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Assuming you have the resources to make a fire (not too hard with all the ammo laying around) you should be able to cook meat in a post apocalyptic world. What you shouldn't be able to do is build a sniper scope out of toy cars, drill a well with a shovel, miraculously create syringes when you fuse cow shit and plastic, etc.

Getting to 21 is hard. I've only done it once. Levels come slow

4. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

those voting machines are a bad enough dude to get retarded in large numbers #FACT

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Thing about using a shotgun is the range fucks you every time. You're constantly up close and taking hits and in early level combat you're dead after taking two shots from a pipe pistol. I'm always looking for a long range rifle and a short range semi auto from the start, seems to be the only weapons that keep me alive.

6. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Ah that makes sense. That's a good rule of thumb.

My highest level so far in the six or so attempts I've made is 5. Last time I started doing really well but I ran out of ammo fighting the raider with the minigun at USAF Olivia. As soon as I heard the click of my empty gun, I knew I was done.

7. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

It's been a while but the highest I got was late 20s before getting fucked trying to take back the castle. Wasn't even the queen, a glowing mirelurk popped up out of nowhere and took my head off with one swipe.

I also cheated that time and reloaded after a mine took me out somewhere in the teens. Every other time I get killed by bugs or rats or some shit.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  8. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I'm thinking about streaming my attempts so that way I'm not tempted to cheat. I'll let people mercilessly tease me and start over legit.

9. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Gauss rifle has fantastic range and damage, but i never had much luck for good legendary variants.. there's a mod for stripping more of those 'legendary componets' like the one from Lorenzo's Artifact, but meh..
    Yeah, mirelurks really taught me how to parry.. The level scaling is the worst.. you think you're doing alright for yourself, then suddenly you reach level 20 and you're fucked way more than you were ever before.. :D I was literally stranded at Salem when i met the first razorclaws.

10. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Y'all niggers need to become a raider warlord. It'll completely negate the need for supply lines.

11. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

The secret is to shoot them in their little faces with a powerful gun. It's the only part of their body that doesn't feel like you're firing on steel.

12. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I'm almost level 5 again and I feel very accomplished.

13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

All this talk has me itching to start one myself. I'll post status updates as I go along.

• Like Like x 2
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  14. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Chaos Lord of the Lunar Exterminators
    Home Page:
    I feel like someone could just collapse the entire thing by just blowing.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

New game, ultra survival.

chester_01.PNG

chester_02.PNG

Rules are no building, no crafting except food, no luck perks, no console codes no mods no cheats. One life only, death = deletion

First order of business is finding a clean bed

16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Death by landmine outside of Abarnathy. Chester Bennington didn't stand a chance.

• Like Like x 3
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  17. Hater

Hater
    Expand Collapse
    Cyber Bully

Director of operations at Authority

come on come on come on finish it*

*waits 4 years in anticipation*

• Like Like x 5
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  18. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Hit level 5. I have power armor and two fusion cores now. Starting to feel like a badass. Still won't go near ghouls or areas with landmines though.

19. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I forgot how early you got a power armor in F4 compared to other Fallout games

20. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

You can get it pretty pronto in Fallout 1 too i think. But you need to do some speedrun fuckery.

Also sucks that Bethesda just said 'fuck it' in terms of their own established continuity of power armor training which they did in Fallout 3. Now you can outfit every illiterate bumfuck farmer in your shitty community with them since they're just lying around everywhere. 200 years and its still standing there.

21. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Ummmm.. thanks. :D
    I know you prolly meant good, but your "secret" reminded me of certain scene...

I have a totally different problem now, the melee critical hits are usually so brutal that they literally pull the the poor fictional crustaceans outta their shells with a very loud squish.
    It's annoyingly disgusting.
    :D:D:D

You're all dirty pushers(but with intriguing approaches, i gotta admit)! I only have to finish few final quests and i'm already thinking about starting New Vegas game yet again.

What a supportive community. Right, @endsenten ? :preston:

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  22. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I did that... Only its on my stone age laptop so its playing at like 10fps.
    Giving away my PS3 was a fucking mistake. The only two games i actually enjoy was on that, New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption.
    I'm playing very hard survival mode and already wasted all my ammo trying to hit coyotes that teleport. Cant wait for the Geckos to chew me to shit.
    All i want to do is get to Novac and be friends with Old Lady Gibson, and maybe flirt a little with that NCR bitch infront of Helios One.

23. Hater

Hater
    Expand Collapse
    Cyber Bully

Director of operations at Authority
    [​IMG]

I'm dead :D

24. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I'm about to hit level 8. I cleared out USAF Olivia and I'm getting ready to do the quarry since I have the aquagirl perk.

I survived a pretty close call when I got ambushed by three raiders, an attack dog, and a radscorpion by Drumlin Diner and accidentally pulled aggro on Wolfgang and Simone in the process of fighting everyone else.

• List
  25. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I totally forgot about Sunshine Co Op and the clean beds there. I'd only been napping when I became Overtired and using nuka cola to get the rest of my AP back when traveling. Corvega was fun but I almost had a heart attack cuz after I cleared out the place, I clipped through the stairs and nearly died when I was going for the bobblehead there.

I'm only level 10 but I'm gonna be sad when I inevitably die.

• List
  26. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Clean beds are hard to find. There's one in Vault 111 but I'm not sure you can use it until after a certain point in the game. I try to make a bee-line for Sunshine because there's a hospital bed in one of the locked cabins. Level 10 you should be able to make it to Diamond City alright, Home Plate is a good purchase.

27. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I found out there's a bed in the shipwreck on the way to Diamond City too. Very convenient with the aqua perk as I can travel to a lot of places relatively safely from there.

• List
  28. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

I think there's one in Lexington too, can't remember exactly where. There's a map with all the bed locations online but they don't differentiate between clean/dirty so it's like playing wack-a-mole.

29. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Next contestant up on this episode of deadman walking

gretch1.PNG

gretch2.PNG

@wretchedgretchen you will now hunt for a clean bed and try to pick up enough trash to buy a gun.

• Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 2
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  30. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

The Diamond City Security armor is really useful. I can actually take a shot or two now.