Fallout New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Infamous, Jul 17, 2011.

1. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Haha, chain reaction, that's another fine idea. Synth grenades work great in this matter - making gigantic mess and leading plenty different fractions into combat. If all else fails, you could try to lure some deathclaws from the west.. nah, that's probably too far and dangerous. The damage on survival is brutal. The acid damage the queen does isn't pleasant either, but what about luring it to the gunners plaza? On of these respawning faggots always has a fatman.

2. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Yeah luring the queen is a bit of an ordeal. I've been avoiding trying because that acid will shred me in a heartbeat.

If I had fast travel this wouldn't really be a problem at all, but you know survival mode and whatnot.

3. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I've also thought about taking my pacify skills up to level 3 (I stop at level 2) so I can start issuing commands to monsters but that has consequences and makes my play style much more difficult in the long run.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    The shallow bog isn't great for outrunning anyone, but maybe try wearing the Captain's hat and other speed increasing shit.. Black Ops right shinguard and leggings from Destroyer's armor for example.
    lol, this fucking game.. it sure can still be fun. In my recent game, i was around lvl 140 when the brotherhood arrived, so they had a tough time initially. But i've noticed that they're making some sort of maneuvers around mass pike interchange frequently. But i think gunners from their hq or the lot from quincy could do the trick. Maybe just the luring out will work. Best of luck anyway. You're literally doing the God's work, Jeezy! :)

5. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    One of the counterbugs i've used when i was really pissed at the state of the fucking game was eating yao guai roast.
    (Bugs: Instead of the intended +10 melee damage, this item grants a 500% increase to melee damage)

6. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

My favorite playthoughs are on survival, no building, no crafting, and if you die once delete the game because you are dead. Turns the game from a bland FPS/RPG hybrid into a game of fear and desperation.

7. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

nah the police force went into recovery mode and suddenly we all work for the cancer come back i need help

8. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I think that's literally the only way I would consider going back to killing.

Hmm. I think I may give that a shot.

9. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Get ready for an exciting adventure of leeching off Abarnathy Farm's water pump. Sneak is crucial unless you want to end it on a landmine.

10. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

In my other playthroughs I found the Aqua Boy / Girl perks particularly helpful. Using the river that cuts through the map makes traveling so much safer.

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

There's a few other rules I follow, one of them being superhuman Aquaman perk is disallowed. Also most the shit in the Luck category. The only thing I haven't tried is a mod that disables VATS.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

just get distracted and start perusing the constitutions of the chinese box test: 我发苦你

13. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I never used VATS in Fallout 4. The only time I used it in 3 or NV was to cheat at long distance sniping by exiting VATS and pulling the trigger while I'm still aimed at someones head from a mile away.

14. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    This is how you link to a post, you fucking mongoloid.

This is the post where I said I started playing the game. I had 24 hours to finish Fallout 4 which I did do because the main quest was easy and short. I don't recall which difficulty it was on, probably medium.

15. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Right on, man. I knew there was a reasonable explanation.

lol I just died cuz I got cocky and tried to save ammo on ferals by beating them with my pistol

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Even though a lot of things have been ironed out, my biggest criticism is the pointless and bugged levelling system that's simply a leftover from the other Fallout games. And, indeed, RPG games in general. I think Fallout 4 may have accidentally stumbled upon a clean break from said system which is actually somewhat revolutionary.

17. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

i have no idea what negi springfield is about to send a machine's job

18. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

19. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I don't have access to those saves anymore but I'll see if I can track down some of the old pics I had.

20. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

you do realize that a third person action game where you try to put laugh tracks on tv eh

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  21. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

lol you weren't kidding. I learned I should never be in a hurry and never leave sneak. I think I'm gonna copy a save after creating my character so I don't have to keep doing that part.

22. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I cant build shit. I try all the time but my walls keep having gaps and i get annoyed.
    Fallout 4 is a good game only if you do this;
    Dont touch the main storyline.
    Initiate little to no conversations with anyone.
    Dont progress beyond level 30, since unless you didnt pick any perk, or intentionally just got perks that sucked, you'll be in god-mode.

Also, WTF is up with all the "lol so randum" bears in Fallout 4?! Its the most reddit shit outside of 4chan.
    Every god damn location has some staged bear(s).. This one is reading the news while having coffee, this one is a detective, this one is bowling and that one is drinking vodka.

I know New Vegas had a couple. A dino toy and a teddy having a knife fight in Vanilla, and in robo scorpion-land the penis brain had a caged a teddy stuffed with knives. Its like the only thing Bethesda stole from Obsidian, toys doing poses.

• Feels Feels x 2
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  23. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

kuleshov effect until you learn to love i've all the food is poison.

24. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

keep to your containment, Gert!

25. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

then he became vice president without being elected, then became much more grandiose sound

26. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Lol, somehow i missed this. Nice number of supply routes. I somehow managed to build more shit but i also cooked way less drugs.. :oops:
    ScreenShot509.
    ScreenShot510.
    Needless to say my gaming style is retarded. :awesome:

27. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I was doing the drug making for experience and money. Diamond City Blues (the quest where you hijack the chem shipment) is AMAZING. You get huge experience making buffjet and psychojet and then tons of caps selling them.

28. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

doctor strange has an interesting way to ruin my day being very attentive

29. realgert7

realgert7
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

they got the voice quality is good when i signed up for my ideas

30. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Yeah when you said you were fighting ghouls already I knew you were a deadman. The best strategy I've found to set up shop in Starlight and creep around the NW side of the map collecting junk to sell to Carla and Drumlin Diner, until you have 3 fusion cores and about 3000 caps. After that head over to Vault 81 and pick up the Overseer Guardian, after that head to Diamond City and talk to Arturo to mod the Guardian into a single-shot sniper rifle with a long range scope. Use perks on sneak and rifleman.

There's a couple gotchas, like the bear in front of the vault, the landmines on the way to Diamond, and the super mutant group on the way to Diamond. If you manage to make it that far you can safely take down enemies from long range and the game becomes a lot easier.