Fallout New Vegas

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Infamous, Jul 18, 2011.

1. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Everyone play F4 for the fortress building stuff. Why play it instead of an actual fortress building game like Rimworld or Dward Fortress is anyone's guess.

2. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    They're very useful in survival mode, in which you can only save game while sleeping.. beds you build also grant +10% xp 'well rested' bonus.
    Provisioners can also greatly affect the game, provided you have a dense network.
    ScreenShot507.
    If you outfit them well enough, they can sometimes even protect themselves! You can take it a step further and outfit them all with power armors, but that's a really difficult(read: autistic).
    All weapons but explosives(incl. rocket launcher and fat man) have unlimited ammo in hands of settlers.
    I tried robotic provisioners on @FlamingTofuSquare 's suggestion and that works great as well.
    ScreenShot485.
    Seeing as some settlements are at stone throw distance, this can really affect the game world.
    ScreenShot481.
    Also the settlement's own defenses can be quite effective on longer distances.
    In the last game i played, i thought that the conflict with brotherhood was somewhat inevitable, so i tried to turn most settlements into sam sites.
    It wasn't as fun as sending X6-88 and ousted Paladin Danse into Boston Airport with activated Liberty Prime(srsly, u gotta try that), but it was fun nevertheless.
    ScreenShot505.
    Another fun thing to do is finishing the castle walls and finally making the Castle a Castle - it's not that hard, really...
    ScreenShot480.
    The crappy, utilitarian post-apocalyptic architecture, of course! It's fun to build a small city in the same vein as Junktown from F1 - with walls made from old buses and everything. I especially like those buildings that you could probably scatter in a 5-mile radius with a rocket launcher irl. :D
    ScreenShot482.

#272 feminist jazz hands, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I see what you mean. It's already a miracule these buildings don't collapse. I'm pretty sure you can't pull out this kind of shit IRL.

4. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Well, you could, but the odds that you'd wake up impaled on a plank full of rusty nails would increase drastically in a windy weather.

5. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

In Russia everything unlikely is likely.

Yeah, I wouldn't nap in this kind of house:

[​IMG]

• I Fapped I Fapped x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

This is what happen when you try to apply the "rules are meant to be broken" philosophy of art to architecture.

7. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    holy fucking shit.. those poor load-bearing walls :D

8. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Would there be no regulations, I would definitely try making some abominations. Steel is cheap and you could make all kind of frames out of it, but sadly concrete is not.

In NoFunland, It's even "illegal" to officially live in recreational housing such as a hut or cottage. Unless you slap a pair of wheels on the sides and claim it's movable.
    Not like anyone would find out, but some dickhead would eventually report about it.

I wish I knew how to build things out of logs. The more traditional housing looks majestic, but thanks to regulations it has been made expensive. When you have to shell out for a dozen and half of fuckyou-tier licenses. Wouldn't build a crib out of all original materials though, just because it'd be easier to maintain then.

• List
  9. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I did some settlement building but I mostly abused the building system to get XP since I wasn't killing anything.

10. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

https://forum.encyclopediadramatica...os-getting-fallout-4.22430/page-4#post-794203

There you go. idgaf how you play the game though. You bought it, use cheat codes if you want. Some people aren't as good at games as other people and there's nothing wrong with that. You should be able to have fun and experience the game just like everyone else.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I also used some console codes fairly early on.

I increased the max height allowed for construction. I increased the number of objects you could build in a settlement. I also started using console commands to create more wood and steel in my early playthroughs because I had it in my mind that I was gonna build a ridiculous cloud city.

12. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

How about using cob instead of concrete?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  13. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

But you didn't use the console to get free XP?

14. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    You could do it yourself, you'll be worn down like a horse but it must be quite an experience. Incredibly heavy lifting and lots and lots of sanding. I knew a guy who did it for two years and it literally transformed him into a superperson. We don't see each other that much anymore.. :D
    One of the first things i had to do on the survival run was installing a mod that would allow me to use console while playing a fucking survival mode. I don't really enjoy using it, but all Bethesda games are so fucked up that there's simply no other choice, if you want to finish some quests or just ... move along. :D The first run definitely wasn't a smooth sail, but the second one.. i feel like i've experienced nearly all of them, but the wiki describes so much more it's horrifying. Last few ones were so fucking creepy that i'd rather just forget about them, lol..

• List
  15. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I don't know how well it's suited for climate here. Maybe it could work for interior walls, but definitely not for foundation. Roads are annually repaired to remedy the damage of frost heaving. If I know right, the damage happens when the ice deep in the ground keeps freezing and melting constantly.

One oddity I've noticed on cottages presumably located in US, is how both the chimney and fireplace are built partially outside. I mean the way which leaves one side of the chimney to be a part of the exterior wall, so that you can see the bricks from outside. Even some Canadian buildings looked like that.

Here it has always been the norm to build the house around the fireplace and chimney.

• List
  16. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Wow, that's my wetdream. It's possible here too and land is cheap, but gotta know how to abuse the loopholes properly. I don't want to pay 50-200k for something I'd do completely myself, only to be allowed to. But circles in countryside and Lapland are small, just gotta know the right people.

17. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

To deter the derailing of the thread here's a post-apocalyptic video from a northern ghost town. :D

18. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

No that's silly. I only used console commands to build New Midgar. All my subsequent playthroughs I didn't use settlement building for anything else other than for in-game reasons and I see no reason to jack my character up with the console because I wanted to actually play the game.

19. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Ah yeah. I only play survival now, it's pretty stable and I haven't needed to bail myself out with console commands. I tried to go back to the vanilla game mode but it doesn't even really feel like a game when I can teleport all over the map in an instant.

20. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Exactly, it wouldn't feel the same. It's hard to believe that your game is stable, but i guess it's not impossible.. some playthroughs vere mostly cool even for me. Fortress in the sky isn't a bad idea btw, some settlements like graygarden and finch farm have highway overpasses that you can easily incorporate into them, and most of them have incredible height limit, but making an entirely independent floating structure, accessible only by jetpack or vertibird.. lol, i might try that too.

21. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I did eventually make my sky city completely inaccessible without a jetpack but for a long time I left a single column with a staircase in it.

22. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I'm still working on a playthrough where I'm trying to get as many side quests as possible done without killing and I've almost taken every settlement in that game. I'm still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do about the mirelurk queen guarding the settlement at the southern part of the map.

23. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

There's another settlement just west, pack it to 20 and use a flare gun.

24. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Wouldn't just luring it out to next cell do the trick? I know it worked with some of the ghouls.. when they weren't aligned with that settlement, that quest was done and i was able to use the settlement. Since you can't fast travel, you sometimes have to make the trek to the third cell in a row, but i'm sure other people had success with this method.

25. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

ScreenShot18.
    Supply lines are useful

ScreenShot19.
    I'm at the end of the game right now but I'm working on getting more side quests done.

ScreenShot20.
    No kills in the pipboy

ScreenShot21.
    Lots of building and scrapping.

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  26. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I found out I get credited with kills from the flare gun so that's a no-go.

• List
  27. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Then I'd imagine vertibirds do the same. Maybe if you lure it all the way back to Sommerville Place but I don't know if they follow that far

28. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

That's a good idea. I'm not sure if it has to be flagged as dead or just far enough away from the workshop. I'll give it a try though.

I was thinking about taking Preston and the minigun I gave him and dismiss him near the mirelurk so he can kill it without me getting credit. It's a bit of a walk though and I have to keep Preston from killing anyone while he's still officially in my party.

29. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

Yeah vertibird is the same. BUT if one randomly spawns that doesn't count against me.

30. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

I've been saved a few times by a vertibird that wanted to hostile me but got aggro'd by other things I needed killed.