Exceptionally Cool Software n Hardware + Tech World Drama

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by moogshroom, Sep 13, 2018.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

[​IMG]
    Python is dumping its usage of the terms "slave" and "master" because of their connotation with slavery as if it makes any sense. 1 2
    ---------

If you're interested in assembly, there's two at least two operating systems written entirely with it. Needless to say, they're fast as greased lightning. There's MenuetOS and a fork of it called KolibriOS. 1 2

In terms of usefulness on its own, it's right up there with TempleOS.
    [​IMG]
    ---------

I'll recommend tinkering with SELinux for those willing to learn and able to put up with a lot of shit. It's a kernel module used as a labeling/policy manager for GNU/Linux systems, which by default disables any interactions between processes, files, interfaces and so on. Letting the user to be in full control of mischievous programs of today that never keep their promises of not making you a marketable product.

[​IMG]
    https://opensource.com/business/13/11/selinux-policy-guide

As you might've guessed it's a huge hassle to set up especially on a desktop environment, but it's favored by NSA and RedHat. Funnily enough, Snowden managed to access the documents of interest only because of a bad practice with it. They used to disable it because of laziness.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

So if you drive a car with hydraulic systems you're a racist also?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  3. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Trannies infiltrating FOSS communities by demanding I N C L U S I V E N E S S
    Whatever the fuck that means, really depends on how you twist it and we can predict how they would.

This time linux-kernel is under fire, the original Code of Conflict gets replaced by Code of Conduct.

I have a hunch the outrage about this is a bit blown out of proportion, however it certainly dances to the tune of today's top dogma.
    The inclusiveness looks like a big fat lie, instead it gives the impression of a demand for pampering of fragile shells.

policing of language, right off to a very inclusive start

respect or trust is earned, demanding for either is a fine way to out yourself as a piece of human shit

nothing wrong here

remains to be seen whom these are applied to

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

There's a linux-kernel fork (which is exactly the same thing) called ToleranUX which was a parody of sorts.
    Must've been funny in 2015, but that bastardized jargon isn't so far-fetched now, lol.

[​IMG]

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

SELinux is not remotely cool or fun. It is a child-safety lock for RHEL distros. If you really care about server hardening then maybe it's fun? It's a very boring topic.

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Exodus

Exodus
    Expand Collapse
    Newfriend

Worshipper of Jewsus
    I might tinker with SELinux, it's been a while since I've fucked around with Linux. Damn shame that Torvald is going on break.

7. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

As of now those archaic Apple PowerPCs are nothing special, but because of their way of handling speculative execution, the core of Spectre vulns. They're worth picking for the price of scrap they demand at best, at least G3 or G4, but G5 is a different case. A desktop that works after a global Spectre-shitstorm is definitely cool.

Here's a load of CPU jargon about it. 1
    None of the vulns will be fixed in years to come and there's not just Meltdown and half a dozen Spectres, but a whole family of similar bullshit about to pop up to daylight. There's not many processors resilient against all of them, but the old PowerPC CPUs are rumored to be.

8. 35$ 'Girlfriend Experience'

35$ 'Girlfriend Experience'
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I scratched off the slave indicators off my SATA HDDs and labeled them over as nigger.

9. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

This time I'll shill for Mullvad, amazing for lazy people and those new to VPNs, it costs only like 5 eurobucks a month. Instead of fucking around with openvpn client, they have their own client with a killswitch of sorts and no registration of any kind needed. Deluge didn't need any extra configuring and they seem to have a neutral/pro stance on piracy as all Swedish VPNs. They allow usage on multiple devices with a single subscription as well. I think their service has been great before too, but the connections weren't as good as now.

Definitely better than Cryptostorm which I used last time, as it often dropped the connection and some nodes were really slow.

and not to mention how this guy was involved with it, yikes
    https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Douglas_Spink

tried researching if he still is, but it's unclear and seemed like a taboo on their forums

10. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Wishing for the sweet release of death
    That would be Parallell ATA as Serial ATA does not have a M/S/CS hierarchy, except for some rare older dual mode drives that came with both PATA and SATA.

• List
  11. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    Shots Fired

Wishing for the sweet release of death
    That is great.
    I can either run on a modern processor that has been slightly gimped by "fixes" to speculative execution vulnerabilities, or I can run an outdated OS made for faggots on an outdated space heater with extremely limited third party hardware support and the computing power of a modern midrange cellphone cheapish smart watch.

#11 Lovecraft, Sep 21, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  12. 35$ 'Girlfriend Experience'

35$ 'Girlfriend Experience'
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Nerd.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  13. Deeb

Deeb
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Most likely he is, there's a furfaggot mod on the forums with the dog profile pic that always makes long forum posts full of TL;DR empty speak with a neckbeard syntax common to the animal fucker fandom. Also common to furfags is the trait of always being fail when it comes to anything technology related regardless of how simple it is. This forum and Reddit post from their website shows how insecure these dumbasses run the service and have no idea what they are doing https://cryptostorm.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8646&p=13670&hilit=isolation

Edit: I forgot to also add in these other posts about them modifying your traffic when you use the network. You don't get the full unrestricted internet experience:

https://cryptostorm.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=9206
    https://snew.github.io/r/VPN/comments/4optis/cryptostorm_is_transparently_proxying_http/

Although it goes without saying, another thing that's important to note for those new to VPN is that CryptoStorm is not really based in Iceland and is fully in the USA. They just bought a .IS domain, didn't even do the full foreign registering as a GmbH that some other trick companies in the USA do.

#13 Deeb, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    • List
  14. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

[​IMG]
    It's probably secure enough for simple torrenting and not getting mail from Hedman Partners. Even if I've never given a fuck about "Black Sails Season 1", however better safe than sorry.

Anyway that pretty much confirms what I suspected, who the fuck else could it be? But thanks for the heads-up, that 'ur'aggot is yucky and there's a good reason nobody wants to be involved with him. Him being a snitch is just a cherry on top.

15. RhinoPak

RhinoPak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Shooting People
  16. RhinoPak

RhinoPak
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Shooting People
    Add more tech shit please

17. .wil