Everything does not come for free!

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by Ahseyo, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Ahseyo

Ahseyo
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

DJ, Music Producer, Synth Programmer
    I don't know if when I write this, I might sound like some old sod hating everything or some whiny bitch. But for the fact that 95 precent of you faggots don't give a shit I thought it would be a good idea to bring it up here is because I didn't have any place to write about this.
    We all know one internet pirate, or think we know one, or we are one ourselves, sitting there and yelling out our expressive of freedom, thinking the whole world is putting down us and our cultural bets and the fact that we "revolutionists" (for the lack of better words) are trying to change the world for the better good if we gave out everything for free.
    I don't claim to be a saint; I used to be one when I first found out about this whole torrenting thing.
    I was not alone either speaking that it would be better if we gave out everything for free on the internet.
    Torrents and internet pirates have become synonomous to each other and their hate for conservative people who want nothing to gain profit has also become a synonomous for internet pirates.
    There is a silly, not bad but not either good, kind of naive thought behind this; that the world would be a living paradise if everything was for free.
    It's fun to hear someone who is an avid internet pirate speaking about how we artists are gaining so much money from concerts, that physical CD's have become overvalued, that digital downloads are rare.
    To date, physical CD's aren't overvalued at all, the amount of money costing to make a good physical CD isn't really overvalued in money. Digital downloads have become surprisingly cheap, and you can buy tracks seperately or you can buy the whole album.
    You have to understand that nothing really comes from free in general;
    We estethical artists are working really hard, because of you pirates, we have to work harder than ever and making music as a profession is really, really hard because we don't earn alot money from concerts and all.
    Of course, when you're a big selling mainstream name, popping up on 10k capacity arenas and whatnot, selling out with tickets for a cost of 100$+, but when you've just started out you're barely earning any money at all, and the advance money you get from a record label/the estethical thing whatever you're doing, painting and whatnot isn't usually enough to support yourself and make a living out of it. So what do we have? We have our own determination and goal, and that is what makes us work so hard. Pirates, please stop complaining, we are already working enough as it is. If you want it for free, of course, but think about how it will end up consequentialy if you can; when you gain for free, we have to work even harder, and in a few years we might say "this sucks, we are earning nothing from it, I want to quit" and your sorrows will be endless.
    We're not run under some kind of fucking democracy; it's a dictatorship, signed by yours truly( insert any major capitalistic profit thinking label name here) and we work our asses of giving what we love to you so that you can hopefully, cry, smile, laugh and give thousands of hours of enjoyment to you.
    And if you want to get it for free, think about the thousands of hours we spent making everything with 50% love and 50% effort of making it happen.
    Nothing comes for free, not even in the real world. Grow up and think consequential instead of thinking money is growing on trees, move out from your mothers basement and get a real job. Then re-think. And enjoy.

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 1
    • List
  2. Mussie

Mussie
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

tl;dr

3. FormaldehydeFag

FormaldehydeFag
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Brool story co.

4. SuperSpecialSuperStar

SuperSpecialSuperStar
    Expand Collapse
    2011 Faggot of the Year

Frog Mercenary
    Home Page:
    ur gay, i cum for free, stupid

5. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Ugh torrents i shudder at the thought of going back to p2p, it might be free but the speeds suck compared to the one click hosts unless your downloading justin biebers shit, Speakng of which http://www.real-debrid.com/ ges you unlimited access to the popular hosts and limited bandwidth to the shit ones @9$ for 3 months

6. megablox1

megablox1
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

:)))
    This is why i always buy with my own money and not torrent.

7. Infamous

Infamous
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Being a dick
    TL; DR to the max.

8. SuperSpecialSuperStar

SuperSpecialSuperStar
    Expand Collapse
    2011 Faggot of the Year

Frog Mercenary
    Home Page: