Etymology

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by tyciol, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tyciol

tyciol
    Expand Collapse
    pedophile

Student
    Home Page:
    To explain here, I initially wanted to call this "Wikimedia Review" but Zaiger suggested "Revue" which works perfectly.

This forum is meant to deal with wiki issues, wikimedia issues, and wikipedia issues. It is meant to accompany the Wikipedia Portal) which is run by MeepSheep.

The title is a parody of the Wikipedia Review which is a forum supposedly critical of Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects. Just how thorough they are about this is something we can analyze.

Everyone is welcome to share their views here. Particularly ED editors/members who post on Wikipedia Review and want an alternate place to share your thoughts, such as if you are banned there.

Similarly it is open to people who edit wikimedia projects such as wikipedia (it is suggested in all cases to pick a different username if you don't want something said here affecting your accounts there) to share their views, particularly on drama that occurs there.

If you have ideas on the Portal, such as who should be Wikimedian of the moment, or what articles should be featured, it may be easier to talk about them here as opposed to doing so on the wiki's talk page. It's all about options!

Since the two sites begin so similarly, if we would refer to them by their differences, the original would be (dropping Wiki and Re) PediaView and this would be MediaVue. Or maybe Piew/Mue for short.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  2. tyciol

tyciol
    Expand Collapse
    pedophile

Student
    Home Page:
    To clarify, since this thread has been moved, it was previously in a section called "Wikimedia Revue" which was since I guess been merged (thanks for telling me) into CIT.

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List