Eric Peters does it again.

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Baya Rae 4900, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    http://epautos.com/2012/01/15/pssst-its-still-about-a-buck-a-gallon/

2. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    Wait, wasn't 1980 the ass end of the Carter era shortage?

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So... it actually costs less now than it did before?

4. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Shit, maybe I can afford the car of my dreams after all...

[​IMG]

Oh wait, no. A quick calculation reveals that here in Euroland, gas prices have actually increased for real, thanks to insane taxes. Fuck.

And fuck Americans complaining about gas prices. If we had the prices you have over here, I wouldn't be driving around in a measly 90hp frenchmobile. Late 80s Jaguar XJ's in decent condition go for under 2,000€ on ebay all the time, I'd be buying one of those in no time.

5. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    LOL, when fuel prices increased in Australia there was a crime epidemic. And it got bad enough (the dissent, I mean) that the politicians actually started paying attention.

I forget when that was. Maybe five years ago?

6. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

And so y'all can continue to drive those sexy Utes forever.

Btw, that reminds me of AC/DC's "Down Payment Blues" - "I got mayself a Cadillac, but I can't afford the gasoline".

Also as a libertarian, you should consider buying a luxury car. No luxury car, no lib cred. I think an older-model Benz would suit you perfectly:
    [​IMG]

It has built-in contempt for your fellow men. Also, at least here, ok condition ones start at 1,500€ I can't imagine them being much more expensive in Oz.

7. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Just because I think they're the best at deconstructing the human condition and human society doesn't mean I'm one of them. I disagree with them on many fundamental levels. I don't agree with natural rights or the non-aggression principle, for instance. I'm not principled enough to be a libertarian, or any other sort of ideologue.

Let me give you a slightly more complex example. America is destroying itself via its own government right now. Were I a libertarian I'd support somebody who'd slow the destruction by reducing the government. But I don't. Because America has to die. Not because I oppose them on principle but because they've decided to make my tribe their enemy.

8. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

In short, you're too cool to be pinned down. Maybe a Cadillac then?

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    No, it's that I'm not stupid enough to dedicate myself to a particular set of principles when I know I'll have to transcend them someday. My irrational hatred for hypocrisy is what drove me in this direction.

10. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I'm sort of the antithesis to that, in that I will support certain principles if I think I'll stand to benefit from it, knowing that when they turn out to be useless to me I can always claim "personal growth" or some bs. If you look at them hard enough, nearly everyone's a hypocrite, because a life without compromise is a sad and lonely affair (not to mention you'll NEVER get your dick sucked without a big deal of hypocrisy and dishonesty) so I say fuck sincerity.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Hm. Just so you know, the libertarians are totally right about the future of America. It doesn't matter who you elect or what reforms you make. The great reformer Ron Paul, for example, would have to serve four terms as president for his budget plan to work. The rest? Not even scratching the surface.

12. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

RON PAUL FOR DICTATOR!!

13. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Please, Americans prefer the term "president" or "great man." Anyway, there hasn't been an American dictator per se since FDR. And there has only been three or four outright dictators in American history.