EDFs Politics Megathread

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Boudica, Aug 4, 2015.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    LOL no.
    1.PNG
    The reason the youth want to jump to a big city, is because of the "excitement." If they had any intelligence at all they would move back in a year or move out past the burbs - not worth the expense, crime, or bullshit.

Sales tax meaningless? LOL really? 4% difference is not a lot? LOL ok. Mr. Moneybags. Personal property taxes greatly differ also. Not that big of a deal? Go from paying 20 bucks a year on your broken down Reliant K, to 100 bucks a year for the same car and then you tell me.

2. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Lol fuck off with your numbeo.com clickbait chart, I know what I pay for shit around here. Exact same.

Sales tax is meaningless. 2% difference. Two pennies on a dollar. $200 purchase is $2 more in tax. Who the fuck cares about $2. Maybe you because you think it can still buy you a hot meal.

Property tax is rent for homeowners. Property tax is also about double. No argument there, still doesn't justify taking half or less on salary.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  3. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    Addendum:
    That's 2% more on everything you buy, from milk and groceries, to vid games, to clothing, to gas, etc., etc., etc. It adds up to more than you realize.

You don't understand mortgages then. I implore you to stop talking about finances and let the one who manages the household finances do the talking, which is obviously endersen.

4. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

I rack up about 1500 a month in bullshit purchases. Saving $30 a month in sales tax doesn't make up for earning $3500 a month less in wage.

5. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    You know there are these things called calculators nowadays. They come in pretty handy. Buy one.
    You are basing that information on the price of things being equal. As my chart shows, they are not. So if you are paying more for the same product or service and taxed at a greater amount for the same service, do you basically have more even at double the income? Not really. Then there's hidden expenses you don't accrue. Parking and parking tickets. DC is terrible. They'll ticket your car even when you are parked legally because it's impossible to fight it in court. You can have a timestamped picture of the car and it won't matter.

Gas in Chicago now? 2.75 - 2.79 Gas in Boise 2.59 - 2.69

Sales tax in Chi-town is 10.25% Boise is 6%.

Like I said, you can make 40K and live pretty well in the sticks, 80K in a few cities? You're eating ramen 3- 5 times a week.

6. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Do alot of states charge sales tax on necessaries? My state doesn't charge for basic clothes and non prepared foods ( soda and juice is taxed now depending on sugar content).
    That's my big question here, cuz I hear endlessly about how the wages are better in one area (west coast vs east coast) but cost of living is higher, etc. Is that all bullshit grass is always greener thinking? Also how do property values figure into all this? Most of the places I see for sale in my area start at 200k.

7. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    Some states will tax at a different rate. VA, unless they changed it from a couple of years back was 2-4% on food, depending where you lived, and 6-8% on all other items.

Property taxes are based on taxed assessed value of x1000. So when they are talking about a "tiny" increase of .0075% personal property tax that adds up to a larger chunk of change than most people realize, because 0.0075% x 200K = $1500 increase per year.

Plus, it doesn't stop the gubbermint from upping your property value, even if you don't report it. You put on a new roof. They know. You put in a pool. They know. You enclose a garage. They know. So your tax assessed value of the house will often not be the same as the purchase price. Some cases lower, but in high dollar districts like cities, often much higher. Plus, increased personal property taxes are always passed onto the consumer. That's one of the reasons why rents always go up.

8. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    So how do states like Delaware do the whole "no sales tax" bit? Tax everything else?

9. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    Pretty much and they slant the market for corporations. Many business are incorporated in DE because of the low tax rate. And due to interstate commerce, if a company is incorporated in one state it has the same protections given by incorporating in all states. DE then has greatly expanded their tax base without drastically increasing the population and demands on it.

Mitigating factor: Delaware. It smells like shit in the summer and alcoholic depression in the winter.

10. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Bird crap all year round thanks to the Purdue farms. And fuckin cornfields everywhere that isn't Newark or New Castle.
    It's a weird state, like Bible belt Dixie one minute and ghetto level misery the next. And yeah, shitton of liquor stores.

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Property tax shouldn't even be a consideration unless you are a penny pinching kike.

200k is the national average. You can get a house in the suburb of any city for 200k. Shit rural redzone republican houses start at 80k.

• lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  12. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Bastard-adjacent pulse pounding princess-kin

Home Page:
    You are outside of your mind, the cost of maintaining stock, implements and recovery from the gonna happen disasters and crop/stock illness cost twice that.
    This is why private farmers and ranchers are only survive is on the gov teat, well until they are completely priced out by packers and monsanto.

You would do better I you tried to argue shit you actually know about, like denture cream or ED medication.

#10052 Solution, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol lol fgt u suk bals ololoololollololoolollollol x 1
    • List
  13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

You wrote a whole lot of words to try and justify why saving ten cents per gallon in gas is worth taking a 40k annual pay cut.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  14. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Yeah way out in the mountains I see property going for about that. But trade off is there's no work so you're driving 45+ to get work. Fair trade off for the price and peace of mind imo just sucks in the winter.

Ty informative.

15. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    Small farms don't really exist even with the gubbmint cheese tbh. Not in the sense that's all u do. Most of the ones I know of do the farming and something else that earns money in the lean times to tie them over that works around the schedule, like part time or seasonal work.

16. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Most the family farms around here have been passed down to kids who are addicted to crack. They grow vehicle graveyards and police visits.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  17. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Pedophile

mentoring
    P. Much standard here too. One my brothers worked for in HS was still fully operational, did hay, stock n some crops. But they also got into the excavating and building trades so dad ran the farm, sons ran the business.

All the rest either rent out the land to other farmers for cash crops or sell off so yuppies can play hick until they get tired of getting their landrovers stuck in the mud.

18. Call me Tim

Call me Tim
    Expand Collapse
    I am Groyper Supreme

Bullshit Artist.
    lol that's after cost.
    Plus, there's things like crop and livestock insurance. LOL Again what where you saying about arguing shit you know about?

19. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Bastard-adjacent pulse pounding princess-kin

Home Page:
    No, not at all after cost and most private farmers/ranchers do not survive disasters even with the insurance because they get priced out of an ever expanding market.
    This is why they have been crying for a new farm bill for the last 10-15 years.
    They, the private farmer, only survives on government subsidies because they do not perform as well as the big guys.
    By all means, keep using welfare leeches as argument fodder, ye ole' mighty trump cuck.

Seriously though you are as old and out of touch as the DNC.

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  20. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    >paying $200k for a house

Americans are cucks

Sad desperate laughter