ED T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by Dr. Rice, Jul 17, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Give you niggers are skilled artists and funny and have demonstrated this with banners, lets move onto a greater project.

I have spent a bit of time thinking about cool T-Shirts. I originally wanted to make money off them for myself, given that I have enough money making ideas, I can give away ones I am not too keen about for a greater purpose. This greater purpose is ED making money. Given our current shirts are pretty much 1.0 internet shirts, we can come up with more and better ones.

So here are some of my ideas:

I really hate Angry Birds, to the point I forever judge people who wear this shit, unless they are little kids wearing this shit on their clothing because they don't know better. So my ideas was a shirt with something that looks like a Chaos Space Marine (not exactly though since we are going to evade copyright laws) murdering a bunch of Angry Birds in graphic ways, like with a bolter or chainsword. I am thinking the shirt should say something funny, but this shirt is already pretty cool without a funny joke

I lot pot. I also love Lord Shiva, Deva of Destruction. You know what Lord Shiva loves? He loves pot. In fact, on his most holy of days, Maha Shivaratri, one smokes pot as sacrifice to Lord Shiva. This is something badass that we all can get behind. So here is the idea for the shirt:

It is this image

[​IMG]

, but in Shiva's hands are blunts and other pot paraphenilia and reads at the bottom of the shirt: "I have become Lord Shiva, destroyer of blunts." And on the back it lists all the dates of all the dates for maybe 20 years. Here is a site with the list of dates

http://www.drikpanchang.com/festivals/maha-shivaratri/maha-shivaratri-date-time.html?year=2012

And finally a shirt that reads "Brand loyalty is for faggots. Encyclopedia Dramatica est 2006"

Any of you guys have ideas for shirts that can be made for the site? Also any of you creative fags willing to help make these shirts a reality? Cause tbh, I would buy all three of these shirts.

2. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

How about on the front of the shirt you have the twin towers and the planes are right before crashing. In the cockpits you see the pilots standing and saluting.

On the back of the shirt you see a CIA agent about to press down on one of those cartoon TNT ignition boxes behind the towers while you see a group of Jews to the side salivating and rubbing their hands.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I cannot think of a better way to IRL troll than with that shirt. Also where are the artfags at?

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I cannot think of a better way to IRL troll than with that shirt. Also where are the artfags at?

5. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

personally, i dont like to wear shit that attracts attention. and i especially don't like to wear shit that would risk getting me into a fistfight with a complete stranger.

also, i wont wear clothing that lists a URL. that shit just looks stupid. the fuck they gonna do, click the link on your shirt?

however, any of this would be fine:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

i think the most important part of selling simple logo tshirts is color options. there should be at least 6 different colors to chose from, even better if you also have options on text/logo color.

plus, any of these designs could easily be transplanted to collard shirts, womens shirts, hats, hoodies, even socks.

or anything else you could think up. id be willing to pay good money for an AE wristwatch.

6. Trixie

Trixie
    Expand Collapse
    The Nicest Poster on EDF2

I work in a library.
    i gave zaiger an illustrator file of the logo...
    he's happy with it.

he maybe trying to work on getting shirt done.

7. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The two swords is a good addition to the ae logo because we are (internet) pirates! As much as I like my other ideas, I'd buy this first.

8. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Also my favorite

edit: i misread the statement, i meant to say id buy the first shirt i listed out of the four

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  10. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

As for merch, just slap the logo on anything you can imagine. Any other ideas I have would relate to manufacturing and distribution, and that's not my domain.

11. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    shirt2. Shirt 1.

12. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

13. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    As simple as these ideas are, they are pretty fucking awesome.

14. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    You people know nothing of merchandising.

Catchphrases sell.
    What we are looking for here is something that is immediately recognizable with ED. At the same time, if you are looking to make it "edgy" to fit with the general tone of the site it is important not to make something so offensive that people will no want to wear it on the street... or at least something that they will not realize they don't have the balls to wear in public until they have already paid for it.

Our best bet is ED logos and AE-tan stuff (because that sort of cute stuff also sells well). Another option is some of the wiki's "meme's"... like "HA HA! DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCK!" (maybe leave out "I suck cock" because that might scare off buyers) or "STEP 4: PROFIT!" (This is only a suggestion, it might be a copyright infringement).

You need to remember that what you are selling is not T-shirts, but solidarity and a sense of belonging. What we are looking to do here is turn a profit by taking advantage of peoples pathetic emotional need to define themselves as part of a larger group.

Rice, your ideas are idiotic. I don't see why you have to ham handedly shoehorn in your moronic opinions (political or otherwise) into this project as if you are doing us some kind of favor by letting up produce shirts that YOU want to make, have nothing to do with the site, and will ultimately loose it more money than they will earn.

Go kill yourself.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

just sayin

16. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Then we are in agreement.

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

nah, i dont wear shirts with funny shit on em. makes people want to stop and read my shirt. id rather not deal with it.

18. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    That may be true for you. But I still think something like that will sell... mostly to the "Maybe if my T-shirt is funny enough someone will finally sleep with me" crowd.
    Remember, we are not looking for ideas tailor fitted for the 5 commenters on this thread. We are looking for what will make the most money.

Trust me, I know what i'm talking about here.
    I'm a Jew.

19. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

oh dont get me wrong, you're absolutely right, there's plenty of douchebags who wear that kind of shit. but despite your jewnose tendencies, i got you crushed in business sense, and ill wager good money my tshirts can outsell yours :3

20. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    I would take that bet if either of us losers had any actual shirts to sell.
    <3

21. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

'Help Dad's butthole help it plz'

22. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    InMYWhiteJEW.

23. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    I'd buy the Shiva shirt, although I'd opt out of the "destroyer of blunts" slogan.

24. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

The big problem is what is funny or appealing to *US* is not appealing or funny or face it KNOWN by the general people at lulz/roflcon

If we want a big hit selling item, we need to think one very important question....

What do brain dead retarded faggots who don't use ED but know OF it like? what do they find appealing?

25. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    People who do not use ED are not our target market segment.

26. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Depends on how you define use.

As good as that shirt is, i don't see anybody wanting to practically buy it, people will see it and be all "Wha? Gary Busey? Odd feeling? cigar? I don't get it!"
    Stick to coffee mugs, everybody loves coffee mugs

27. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Sleepbomb.

28. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You struck oil