E Nomine

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Dr. Rice, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    All your music is shit in comparison.

2. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

The music is sorta cool, but the people behind it are gay as hell. They were all cast and marketed by RTL 2, a TV station comparable to TLC, to appeal to teenage goths. That sorta spoils them for me.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    As someone who knows what these people actual sing about, if mainstream teenage goths knew what exactly he was singing about in most cases, they would not be down. The fact that E Nomine is quite knowledgeable about the philosopher's stone in Opus Magnum tells me they know their shit.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I know what they sing about, I'm German. The truth still is that they were the brainchild of some producer; the lyrics are ripped from books/movies afaik. They were pretty huge here from 1999 to maybe 2002 or so, and got a lot of media attention, they had gigs at all the major Top of the Pops rip-offs our country's tv stations have to offer. They're really not all that deep or knowledgeable, the people who sing/speak on the records are mostly actors, but when they are live on stage, they have a bunch of good-looking goths lip-syncing the lyrics.