Dropkick Murphys Finally Find a Use for their Bass

Discussion in 'News' started by Slavoj Jizzek, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'm an evil Scotsman and my name is Jock
    [​IMG]
    Irish Festival: Held by people who weren't born there, have never lived there, and don't know its historic language.

Unfortunately, drunken men recognized there were drunken women to be sexed on the stage and climbed up to seek their fortunes. Among them was a dapper young lad who just wanted to express his opinion.

And now Ken Casey bravely walks over to the ripped young man to show him what a guy surrounded by fans and security can do when he puts his mind to it.

He then took the opportunity to tell the crowd how he felt.

What he should have said was

Sauce: http://sourcefednews.com/dropkick-murphys-bassist-kicks-nazis-ass/ (because the forum is being ghey as fuck with 500 errors and shit)

And now a thought experiment:

Who is morally worse? A Nazi who politically supports the need for the preservation of his particular ethnicity (like a white Jesse Jackson) and has never acted in violence against anybody in his life, or a man who apparently cannot abide speech he disagrees with and resorts to violence as his first reaction.

At this point, Dropkick Murphys is making U2 look like the most Irish thing since boxty and calling loose women hooers. Plastic Paddy status confirmed.

2. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Guess they now be shitting up to Boston

3. ge5undhe17

ge5undhe17
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Lab Tech
    u wot m8

DRM = poser, not listening to them again. Anti-fun faggots

4. hkh

hkh
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

prostitot
    i wont lie... i've been on stage at their concerts before, like the whores you speak of.

also from the amount of time ive hung out with these dudes.. they are actually pretty cool.

although their music aint all that great.

5. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Droopydick Murpies has only ever served one meaningful purpose: Creating great places to carpet bomb
    [​IMG]

6. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

Oh fuck no.

7. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    Meh, still hail the Dropkicks.

They might want to listen to some of their own lyrics before they re-iterate their stance on Nazis though.

8. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    SHITTING UP TO BOST-ON
    PFFT PFFT PFFT
    SHITTING UP TO BOST-ON
    PFFT PFFT PFFT
    I'M SHITTING UP, TO FIND MY FUCKING DICK!
    PFFT PFFT PFFT.

9. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Surprisingly similar to the original. And better

10. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    I think you have a really solid point right there but enough with all the "you need to be from there to celebrate this" "you need to have been born there to claim this heritage" because its bullshit I mean who else but America takes traditions and celebrations brought by immigrants, remove all the context possible and turn them into an excuse to party and get drunk, I mean as an example whites and mexican americans celebrate fucking 5 de Mayo! they celebrate a battle between 2 countries they don't belong or give a fuck but who cares they wearing sombreros, drinking and shit when in Mexico no one gives a fuck about that date. Those hollow festivities are part of America as the hamburger and the fucking lynyrd skynyrd songs

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

lol we call it "mexican independence day"

not even kidding

12. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

There's no shame in celebrating Irish ancestry and heritage. But making yourself spokesman for it the way they do is something else entirely. If they didn't step up and take on the mantle of "all things Irish" and use the Irish flag to sell their cds and merch, I wouldn't be knocking them for it. But they do.

Flatfoot 56 is a good contrast as they are equally talented yet don't make the entire issue of their music "WE'RE IRISH FUCK YEAH BUY OUR SHIT CAUSE WE'RE IRISH AND YOU WANT TO BE IRISH AND SHIT AND YOU CAN'T BE IRISH WITHOUT LIKING US!" Their music is also much better, which one could deduce since they spend some time practicing rather than drinking and thinking up more clever ways to rip off Irish shit.

As for St. Paddy's I really am past the point of caring in the US. Does it annoy me? Yeah. Mostly because of the double standards. I've often proposed a drinking holiday on MLK day where everybody chugs 40s and plays drunken basketball.

I'm known for being a bit harsh on plastic paddies here in the US, but it's out of respect. I used to be one, and then I realized what a nob I was. I toned it down a few pegs, read all of Lady Gregory's Irish Mythology, watched 28 hours worth of documentaries about the occupation, independence, and the troubles and eventually found an educated position. Now I mock other paddies until they do the same. As ED knows, mockery is the most powerful engine for change.

Seriously. Oi! is the Irish version of skinhead working class punk. The problem is the Irish liberals have developed a bleeding heart sympathy for niggers and Palestinians. Irish nationalism=anything but the British (and the Scots, those fucking collaborator assholes). The really stupid shit is that they don't listen to the camelfuckers currently in their own country saying they don't have a problem letting the Irish live so long as they all convert to Islam. Time to dig up the AKs you didn't surrender at the ceasefire and get ready to show the Arabs how a real guerrilla war works.

Another white nation self-destructing. They fought off the British only to lose to the sand-niggers. So sad.

13. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    exactly and its a new celebration independent to the non existent 5 de mayo in Mexico, its pretty understandable that a country founded by immigrants has celebrities imported from all those countries too, its pretty fucking logical

14. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Well yeah. My mom's a Spanish teacher so I knew damn well that Cinco de Mayo was a celebration of literally the ONLY battle the Mexicans won against the French.

15. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    in other news the dayglo abortions are still the only punk band worth paying attention to!

16. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    Good shit yo!
    Hey @Slavoj Jizzek any other good Celtic punk bands out there?

17. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

As if I haven't mentioned them 3 times in this thread.

Pretty fuckin good. Much more subtle and melodic than their slack-jawed counterparts in DKM or Flogging Molly. The singer's muttonchops look like @jack 's

But for nontraditional Celtic music I'm more of a fan of

18. RiKio

RiKio
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

In my country we don´t even know what are we celebrating, and yet we party and get drunk so much that the American Spring Break looks like a fucking Children Birthday. Americans are half decent paying respect to traditions
    Thats funny, In Spain we have the Dos de Mayo, which is a celebration of how a bunch of sheepfuckers organized the first Guerrilla in the world and proceeded to pwn the French. Guess that May is a doomed month for les Frenchfags. Oh, and since you introduced Eluveitie in this thread, this is now relevant

19. Murdoc esp

Murdoc esp
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

soy un vago de mierda....
    Meh,I'm surprised this band is still playing, lol I saw them once in 2005 but I never like them though