Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Saddness and drawing boob
    A thing happens but a thing also DOESN'T happen.

that's super mysterious.

2. Nurse Evil

Nurse Evil
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Given how much more and more Kimiko is looking like a man (especially in the last four panels), I have to wonder if Diaz is going to go the trans route.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  3. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

[​IMG]
    decided to check if he updated and surprisingly he did.

He... I wish he did transitions to scenes better. like much better.

and those ships in the air look like giant shoes.

4. Nurse Evil

Nurse Evil
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

This is the best panel layout he's done; it's not cluttered. (I can give the devil his due.) But, that woman's head and face look weird.

5. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I thought there was a page missing between the last one posted in this thread and this one. But nope, it just updates with some dude in the middle of a conversation, right in the first panel, as if continuing it from the last page. Because that's not super confusing.

6. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    Good paneling and color use but I still can't get over those long-ass text balloons.
    Fast paced dialogues are the core of comics why is it such a common error to do tl;dr

7. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

So that they don't have to draw the character's emoting so much. More dialogue in one panel=less to draw=less work.
    Course, that's the solution you use if you're not willing to edit or truncate your dialogue down to a more bare-bones form. This issue can be common among people who are used to writing prose, or are otherwise inexperienced. Or if you've got your head up your ass and think your writing is basically flawless and couldn't possibly be edited down, lest it lose vital elements.

I think the latter-most explanation is probably true for Diaz.

8. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    That first panel's kind of a mess. And how the fuck has she been able to fight everyone off like that.
    The nonsense plot is once again attempting to make sense of itself.

9. Abbon

Abbon
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Head's up, after knocking down Dobbo, plebcomic's going after this guy's artwork next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • List
  10. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    Of course plebcomic is going around mocking other artists everyone hates. She is a talentless hack and no one cares about her serious artwork and she's so desperate to stay relevant and create 'discourse'

• Shots Fired Shots Fired x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  11. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What the everloving fuck is happening anymore?
    I know this comic's a bit fast-paced, on account of the large pages and how slow it updates, but this is just atrocious.

I guess those two made some sort of super speedy escape to wherever the fuck? Or are they actually still in the same place, and just went to another room? They successfully eluded the giant robots, why would they not leave the location completely to lay low somewhere else, and then try to scrounge through the boxes later?

I guess I kind of appreciate the bad guys figuring out how to hack Kim. It puts an interesting twist on how things usually go down. Though I wonder how exactly she's able to feel pain, if everything except her brain is mechanical? Why would you intentionally program into yourself the ability to feel pain? In humans it's useful for registering when serious damage is about to occur, but a robot could have a hundred different ways for registering incoming damage, none of which involve them feeling any actual pain. So why can she feel pain?

There are some very strange expressions going on that I don't fully understand.

I wonder where Lilith got that galaxy sword. She buy it off of someone on tumblr or what? Also, the guy knows that she isn't actually his daughter, why would he complain of her of all people chopping his arm? Why would she call him dad, when she knows he's not actually her dad? Force of habit? This business with multiple people pretending to be the same person just makes less and less sense, where do the doubles even live? How are they treated?
    Why does she think kissing Kim would be a good way to stall? It's such a minute distraction, and does more to affect the person you're kissing than whoever else you're trying to occupy. Did she forget who she was supposed to be stalling for who?
    Why does he seem so shocked that he practically faints just from seeing them kiss? Wouldn't he just get furious, or more confused? That reaction probably has more to do with how sjws think conservatives react to seeing "liberated womyns" and such.

So Vonnie replaced the blond dude, it looks like. Except for that one recruiter guy, it's starting to look more and more like membership in this Dark Science shit means directly being a part of the big bad 7. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, shouldn't a secret organization that controls everything be bigger with more ranked members and such?
    Who the fuck is that bitch to the left of Vonnie? When the big bad 7 were first introduced, they only had one lady member, and that's the woman to the right. Where did this other lady come from? Is she another replacement for some other member who apparently died?
    Who is Vonnie even talking to?

Also apparently the Dresden Codak site got fucked, and looks like shit now. Unfortunate though such a thing is to happen to anyone, I can't help but indulge in a little schadenfreude.

• Good Question Good Question x 4
    • Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • List
  12. Nurse Evil

Nurse Evil
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Repeat after me, Diaz, unless you're George Perez doing Crisis on Infinite Earths, just do at most 8 panels per page.

13. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

[​IMG]
    ??????????????
    you know, instead of having them introduce themselves, maybe have them DO SOMETHING INTERESTING.

14. Nurse Evil

Nurse Evil
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Seeing Volo fuse, I'm guessing Aaron has been watching Steven Universe.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • oy vey oy vey x 1
    • List
  15. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Wait why the hell are they friends now? The last time any of them interacted with Kim, they were trying to kill her. And the guy who failed to kill her was severely punished. So why on earth are they saving them now?
    This is probably one of the most atrocious examples of deus ex machina I've ever seen.

16. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    Her arm is black and has a glowing bit. I'd hesitate to say that her arm bears that striking of a resemblance to the group of non-villains.
    The nonsense never stops.

17. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    At this point, why didn't he just make a completely different character for this story arc? Why reuse an older character if you're just going to change literally everything about them? I'm not even sure if her being a cyborg is particularly relevant to the story, literally any sort of character could fill in for her, and all you'd have to do is add some more stuff introducing and setting them up. You could theoretically have even come out with a better plot for it, if he'd just started from scratch.

18. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

[​IMG]
    nice outfit???

19. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

What kinda dumbass shit.
    How does this manage to get worse and worse with each update?
    Bitch changes outfits more than a popstar during a concert.

20. Tungsten Carbide

Tungsten Carbide
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

So now Kimiko is THE CHOSEN ONE. A mysterious entombed ancient being her "dad" dug up and gave her fake memories of being his daughter. This is so trash fantasy it hurts.

I still can't get over the fact that Kimiko got the most perfect, advanced cyborg body to fix all of her health issues and prosthetic troubles at zero effort. She walked into the city, gets into a fight with something named Leviathan which breaks her prosthetics but it turns out the necklace she had contained some magic-ass attack beam which made Leviathan retreat. Apparently Kimiko's heart and lungs were so damaged that she speaks of needing to go "full prosthetic". And oh boy, how is she going to do that when she has no access to the materials needed to build intricate prosthetics? Oh wait nevermind, the robots show up and because she fixed a little bot-bot on her first day in the city of Who Gives A Fuck, they build a full blown surgical chamber to transplant her brain into the perfect robot body. She made it through an entire page of worrying about what the fuck she had to do next before the solution fell into her lap.

That's what pisses me off the most about this whole Dark Science arc. 7 years, 75 pages, and every major conflict or problem Kimiko faces gets solved within a page of being introduced. And usually because Kimiko trips and falls onto the solution, or someone just dumps the solution on her. Kimiko doesn't earn any of her fucking shit, so her victories are worthless.

The city of Nephilopolis is retarded. People simultaneously worship Kaito Kusanagi and his science, yet the entire city is rigged with bureaucracy such as "I bought a permit to murder anyone within the next 15 minutes" and "I need level 3 clearance for friendship points". Why is a city that loves Kusanagi's robotic science so against robotics, for fuck's sake? The issue over cyborgs and what qualifies a human being to be a human being would be interesting if it wasn't handled in such a laughably strawman manner. It's like a 12 year old watched Ghost in the Shell and tried to write his 'original' spin on it.

The city labeled Kimiko as non-human, except she had prosthetic limbs that people irl pretty much have, so there's nothing to teach the audience. There's no reflection of real life in this society Aaron Diaz has made up. Fake legs, fake arm, fake eye? Yeah, there's people like that. What would you say matters the most qualifying the human? The brain. Oh, Kimiko's still got that shit. Even the fucking comic talks repeatedly that it's basically her brain piloting a body-shaped vehicle. Transhumanism just falls flat here.

And the secondary characters are ass. There's no time for character development for the twists to have any emotional impact. You have two conversations with a guy and he turns traitor, whoop-de-fucking-doo. You speak to a woman a couple times, turns out she's someone else but who gives a shit. The Dark Scientists barely have time from being identified to doing a roll-call like some stupid Power Rangers shit, sucking all the mystery out of the room. If you go back and read the whole Dark Science story from the start it's evident the pacing is utter shit. I suspect Diaz's fans don't really notice because they've had 7 years of comics slowly trickling in and updating.

Fuck Dark Science, fuck this 8th equation prophecy bullshit, fuck Kimiko's Mary Sue bullshit. Go piss up a rope, Diaz.

tl;dr: AIDS

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • wut wut x 1
    • List