Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    Aaron more or less said MMA is a joke, and he claimed to be a martial arts expert...despite his experience is almost non-existent, and he does jack shit with his so-called "expertise in martial arts." Yup, a scrawny white guy who probably never defended himself let alone did anything out of watching crappy kung-fu dubs & action movies that are hokey and choreographed as fuck thinks he has experience in anything involving fighting and martial arts.

Aaron Diaz wouldn't last a minute with Brock Lesner, or Ken Shamrock in his prime. I want him to tell a female MMA fighter her style is a joke in a ring.

2. Nurse Evil

Nurse Evil
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Hell, he couldn't last five minutes with Steven Urkel.

3. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    What the fuck.
    What is even the point.
    How do you fuck a comic up so badly. Not even the japs could come up with such a nonsensical plot.

• wut wut x 3
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  4. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

"B-b-b-but it's okay my Mary Sue has her clothes torn off, showing some kind of cleavage! I'm like you progressive guys because I love Anita and Zoey, remember!? I'm allowed to draw this stuff, not those nasty perverts Masamune Shirow and Frank Miller. Ashley Burch, please notice me, and let me sniff your gloroius panties" - Aaron Diaz trying to defend his pictures of Kim showing her cleavage again.

That aside, I didn't understand one thing from that panel, and honestly I don't care about understanding it.

5. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Looks like drug is needed to understand what is going on in that panel.

6. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Saddness and drawing boob
    I had to re-read the last page and this STILL made no sense. what the fuck.

this comic is too slow, yet it's too fast to understand.

7. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Unlike Aqua Teen Hunger Force where drugs helped you appreciate the jokes (at least from the first four seasons), drugs would make this strip even worse.

8. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    Just so you all know, we're not done jumping the rails. Yes sirree, we're flying over several other tracks at this point, and if you look to your left, passengers, you can see a lovely little pond where the ducks like to gather.

Why is this guy betraying them. I thought they were all on the same team. I mean yeah he's like an archaeologist, and he was interested in uncovering the secrets of the city and stuff, but why would he suddenly think he's reached the end of it all just because he found some documents in Kusanagi's house? Also, if the Dark Science peeps are a bunch of scientists who hoard all the info of the world for themselves, why would he ever do anything to help them? Earlier we saw him giving a lecture about his findings, it seemed like he was interested in telling the whole world whatever secrets he could uncover. Why would he now be in league with people who are all about keeping things in the dark? And what about that weird statue he discovered? Doesn't he want to find out more about that, and what exactly the deal with it is? What about literally everything the plot was building up to until this point? And his little robot, saying weird prophecy-type shit all the time?

I thought we just established a few pages ago that Kusanagi wasn't a real person. Why are they treating him like a real person again? They literally just saw the tapes saying that he has some korean name. And come to think of it, if Kusanagi was never a real person and just a mascot, why would they ever let Kusanagi "die?" Why wouldn't they just find some other look-alike to fill the Kusanagi role? Diaz could have actually used something like that to play into the idea that Kim's memories are faulty somehow, with a Kusanagi look-alike not being the same Kusanagi she knew, and therefore not recognizing her.

And what the fuck, what was with that flashback then, where that council was there, and they were talking about Dark Science in the past too? There's no way in hell the city existed back then, so what gives? Is calling it an arrangement just a cover, or is it another retcon? Also, I thought earlier they established that they served as the secret police or whatever for the city.

>details to fit your theory
    Literally nothing in science works like that. Seems like a pretty dumbass thing to do for what are meant to be a couple of smart people.

Way to project your amputee fetish onto Kim there, Diaz. And what a lame excuse too, to try and do away with her being his daughter. What the fuck is the point of her new design then, when it so heavily alluded to her father, and made her look so much like him? Was her whole deal with him just pointless?

Fucking sweet way to show off the action in your comic, by zooming in close in tiny panels, making it so you don't really see anything. And making Balthazar completely incompetent, so that he didn't react at all when Lilith ran around Kim and crossed the 20 foot distance to get to him. He could've shot her like he was threatening, but nah. Gotta have the completely normal human do the "badass" take-down of the sudden baddie, not the over-powered cyborg who just said she's impervious to bullets. Also,
    >be in futuristic world
    >weaponry hasn't advanced from what it is today
    Lame.

How is she holding that gun in the last panel?

That doodle seems like a very inappropriate way to illustrate them being surprised about a gun being pointed at them in what is meant to be a serious moment. In a tiny panel, he could've just zoomed in on the girls and draw non-exaggerated surprised expressions for them, and then could've just left the next panel as the reveal for why they came to such a halt.

This is why it's such a bad idea to write shit on the fly, without an end-goal in mind. Diaz is just floundering like a motherfucker at this point.
    And gotta love the lezbian grrl power, as the two are now the only members of their little group. Plenty of alone time for them to scissor and talk about bullshit, in-between not doing anything. That's the important part of all this, amirite?

This comic is such a mess.

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. Tungsten Carbide

Tungsten Carbide
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

So she had a recollection of kicking the ass of one of the seven conspirators. The next page establishes the conspirators as....something to be intimidated by? This is not how you fucking establish conflict. Even fucking Harry Potter didn't have Harry consciously kicking Voldemort's ass and in the next chapter have someone try to tell Harry to beware of Voldemort. How long has this Dark Science arc been going on? Since 2010? Jesus fucking Christ. Can't go a single page without Kimiko having the upper hand.

Apparently the other bitch just teleported across the room. Either that or Balthazar was so into his monologue that he didn't notice her walking up to him.

And again, the comic just fails at conflict altogether. Gasp, Balthazar has turned on Kimiko! What could he- oh wait he's down now. Phew! Glad that was resolved in seven panels! I was so worried, the way he had a gun pointed at the people established to be faster and more powerful than him! Yay, Lilith. What an original name.

10. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Huh, looks like DC does have purpose to exist.

It showcases all the flaws of comic book storytelling and condenses them into one page instead of several issues.

How many years to reveal what "Dark Science" meant in horrible exposition, only to have everybody guess it already? And two more retcons which could probably be undone by the next page.

And yeah, the ghost artist doesn't know how to draw guns, AT ALL. Or maybe the archaeologist dude grabbed a gummy replica and sat on it.

[​IMG]

Even this horrible attempt looks better.

11. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Aligeri? ALIGERI? DANTE ALIGHIERI??

Would've been better if the word has some meaning, but taking it off from a poet... c'mon... aren't there any better meaningful words in Italian that depict evil bosses?
    Corpi Scuri
    Mano Nascosta
    etc

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    Aligeri is a word. It means winged

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  13. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    Cool to see that Kaito being fake is just meant to be generally accepted now.
    This conversation on mezzodes seems long overdue. Like now Diaz is trying to inject some coherency back into the story.

14. SiggyKuu

SiggyKuu
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Saddness and drawing boob
    [​IMG]
    maybe i'm stupid, and i wont deny it, i might be, but what the fuck is going on in his fucking comic? can i have a summary of the last 3 pages or something?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  15. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Well... that's the problem

16. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Kim's crazy, the one male character betrayed the lesbians for no reason, and now they're about to get arrested for existing.

17. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Aaron Diaz expects us to buy that blah blah Kim's dad isn't a real scientist blah blah retcon blah blah.

Also Kim had a vision that may or may not have been real and she may or may not be teh gay. Depends on popular opinion from the people who actually like the comic.

Then he realizes he forgot to invest time and effort into explaining shit, so instead of telling everybody that they're too dumb to get his mastapeece he sucks up and provides some actual exposition that he should have placed at the beginning to properly frame why the fuck the Nephillyphis plot should matter to the reader.

DC really isn't much better than modern comics, since it has the exact same problems, without the timely updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  18. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    More pointlessness happens.
    Why does Diaz think it's good storytelling to just be as obtuse as possible?
    Why does a single, bland outfit need an enormous room to sit in?

19. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

He thinks being obtuse is how you build mystery, forgetting that if your audience doesn't care, there's no tension. And the biggest way to burn out an audience in a mystery plot is to keep heaping up the questions without ever answering anything.

20. Tungsten Carbide

Tungsten Carbide
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

How many times has a secret door or hallway opened up to have a solution conveniently barf onto Kimiko?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List