Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    Pointless page is pointless.

2. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    "Hay guyz im using Marx, Philosophy, and famous Americans as a pretentious cunt. Please give me more money and twitter pussy!"

Holy pretentious bullshit, Batman. Of course, his Mary Sue is good at trivia because she's probably good at everything (except helping Aaron get laid like a normal guy, and story-telling).

3. TheBookOfFaggot

TheBookOfFaggot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Meat Fighter
    oh yeah... i forgot that is a girl.

Edit: 2nd and last panel is topkek

4. WhiteOmega

WhiteOmega
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    The panel layouts are really... I don't know I think it'd be better if he'd stay in a traditional web comic layout or learn the art behind the layout. It's important to guide the eyes and make it appealing as well.

Look at the coloring...the first four panels are kinda blueish in color, then the middle four are pinkish and the final four are orange.

It's inconsistent and it bugs me. Also the one girl in the second to last panel isn't even shaded past her head...and the Leno tuft of hair grows/shrinks. I do like the design of the robotic arm though...that's about it.

5. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Comics tend to look terrible when you hire someone to make your pages every six weeks.

You can photoshop any of the recent Dredsen Kodac pages onto your signature, and it fits the signature perfectly.

6. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I'm very rusty when it comes to art analysis, but does anybody else think the overall perspective is off when you look at the floor tiles? It's like the room keeps warping itself.

Like, look at the panel with the dude in it and his head and the ceiling. And then look at the handles. Heck, just look at how tiles are drawn in general in this page. Ane one of the dice looks off in the first panel, inconsistent with the table. Is this a result of his art clashing with the assistant's?

If I'm completely off course point me towards a read-up on perspective, I am in dire need of a refresher.

7. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

How can you tell the writer is an idiot trying to write smart characters? He thinks being good at trivia means something.

• I Agree I Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  8. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Because knowing pointless shit guarantees you all kinds of cool shit like pussy and money even if you are an absolute loser at life. Just look at all of those Jeopardy faggots like Chu and Alex Trebek.

9. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Not even that. People seem to think remembering and regurgitating facts is a sign of intelligence when even morons can retain shit like when the Battle of Hastings happened. But intelligence isn't just retaining facts, it's being able to draw connections between facts.

But note that Kimiko, the "genius", doesn't do this. We don't see her srawing connections between facts. We don't see her recognizing that A) the science of this city is stagnant, and B) that she was nearly killed by Dark Science for trying to shake things up, which would lead to C) that Dark Science is deliberately keeping people stupid. This is a basic deduction, and the audience doesn't need Gregory House to spell it out for them.

Unfortunately, Aaron is an idiot, and he doesn't understand that drawing connections and conclusions is how smart people build rockets. To him, science IS magic, because to the drooling retards, smart people are wizards.

• Like Like x 5
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • List
  10. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

https://graphtreon.com/creator/dresdencodak

In a way it's not a surprise knowing he's one of the top 1000 creators there (A lot of these patreons suck), but it's interesting knowing his supporters are slowly catching onto his bullshit.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Shlomo Bernitz

Shlomo Bernitz
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    What are these rapid slides around the beginning of each new month? Are his patrons pulling out their initial pledges before Patreon siphons off their dosh?

12. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    yeah, it's a thing that happens often o all artists
    One time I read from an artist complaining that a guy offered 100$, took all the rewards and then went low to 6$

13. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It's clear Patreon needs some work.

14. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Don't worry, Aaron will pull it out of the blue in one single page. As the realization dawned upon him. Everything always crammed into one single fucking page, then talking about something else in another.

15. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    What the fuck is even happening anymore.

Is Kim a man? Why is she suddenly Korean? Korean and Japanese people don't even look all that similar to each other, what's the point of making this racial jump? Are the japs no longer Diaz's ideal waifu? Why is her memory of literally everything so fucked? If they wanted to hide shit from her or whatever, do you really need to ruin her basic concept of all facts? Why the hell is it a video cassette? Also, the brown one doesn't really seem like the type to just say "Dude," so that's kinda weird.

16. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Last minute retconning of course. Except Aaron's going to pretend he foreshadowed it too.

Also, the art really resembles Hob, and not in the best way. Look at what passes for Kimiko's hand. Kaito or whatever is the best art on the page.

Everybody's faces this page: B^o B^| 8^( 8^\

#636 theprestoncritic, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  17. Tungsten Carbide

Tungsten Carbide
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I get that Diaz is trying to do some social commentary about Japanese citizenship laws, but as was said there's zero foreshadowing and it's not like Japanese and Korean look exactly the same for this to go completely unnoticed until now.

For that matter, why the fuck isn't she freaking out about her faulty memory? That's fucking worrisome that she's remembering four extra planets that don't exist. At first I thought she was going to put some, "But my perfect robot eyes can spot more planets in the solar system now uwu" bullshit, but no. She just brushes this off for no reason. Especially after it's been confirmed her eyesight's been fucked when it comes to Dark Science. So what the fuck is going on? Why aren't they more alarmed about this?

Seriously, where the fuck did she names like Orcus and Minerva from? Does she think planets exist between Uranus and Neptune? Is there a planet in the asteroid belt now? Why do the characters not care?!

18. MashedPotatoes

MashedPotatoes
    Expand Collapse
    He is a boy and yet he is also a fish

League of Decency
    what if she can't see things on screens because her eyes perceive things differently to humans. It would explain why she's not freaking out I guess. "who is this grey blob and why are they upset"

19. Gayligula

Gayligula
    Expand Collapse
    Emperor of your ass

Gay Emperor
    Hey guys whats going on here

20. MashedPotatoes

MashedPotatoes
    Expand Collapse
    He is a boy and yet he is also a fish

League of Decency
    the japanese one is actually korean and I'm not sure what else.
    they like trivia, I guess.