Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. WhiteOmega

WhiteOmega
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:

Putting aside the artwork and story, this page is a mess to look at. It's trying so hard to shove so much on one page, when it could have been separated onto three pages easily. Let's look at some comic pages to show what I mean:

This is from the first Batman comic.

batroom1.

The comic is clearly favoring story, trying to get as much verbal story in the page but it sacrifices artwork, but not so much as to make it ugly. It still gives us something to look at. Now, this comic was written in the 1940's, lets look at something modern:

This is from Batman '66 because I like the comic and original show shut up...

batman66-thelostepisoy0f04.

batman66-thelostepisoe3f3f.

batman66-thelostepisonges6.

Now...try to imagine if all three pages were squished onto one page...couldn't do it without making it ugly and cutting a lot of artwork and story. What I'm getting at is:

Do you want to take time to draw more artwork to help tell the story, or do you want to hurry up and rush it out? It's a web comic...there is no dead line.

It looks like he cut out a sequence on from when she got the metal apple and is now sitting on a bench...THAT is inexcusable when you have all the time in the world to make a comic and especially if it's on the SAME page.

I have no words about holding the word bubble...is this comic supposed to be self aware?

Also...poor attempt at humor with the jump thing, first time...okay...second time...dumb.

2. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    He does it because he know he couldn't keep a consistent schedule, even with patreon and kickstarter goal reached (promising regular updates). He thinks its better to put everything in a page or two to keep readers satisfied.

3. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Maybe if the bloody faggot would stop making redesigns of marvel characters and whining over Twitter, he could get some fucking work done.

4. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    He's a balding gooby beard man who can't get womyn to fuck him. What choice does he have other than whinging on twitter? You think this cunt has friends?

5. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Oh right, I was confusing Diaz with someone decent again.

You go, Diaz! Keep bitching about first world problems on Twitter! Keep white-knighting for lying chicks and finding excuses not to work at your job! I'm sure the pussy is winging your way as we speak!

6. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Crazy attract crazies. Who knows he might luck banging SJW's womyn... if desperate, caught molesting underage asian girl.

7. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I wonder if I just gifting Diaz a Japanese hooker for a night, would his absolute bullshit drop?

I mean, once he realizes he can just buy him some pussy, he's got to crawl somewhat out of his own ass, right?

8. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    When a fucking 4'1 she gook tells him he's too small for her he will kill himself on the spot.

9. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

So a win/win scenario.

10. PervyIdiot

PervyIdiot
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Doubleposting like a faggot, but if I was a dyke I'd marry this woman:

[​IMG]

11. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]
    Oh god we have hit fucking sub-zero this is it people the shark is 150,000 feet below us and we are zooming to the stars in our leap, she's a fucking star child of destiny born from a rock.

Why is she so tearful over replacing her organic matter with robotics? I always thought she was kind of nuts over challenges like these, and that she would see it as the next step in her evolution. Like "Can I entirely replace my organic matter with prosthetics? CAN I??? BITCH DON'T QUESTION ME I'M BETTER THAN MY FATHER I FUCKING GOT THIS" But now she's afraid? Of what? If she manages to preserve her mind somehow, then I would call that an accomplishment. Pushing the boundaries of all possibility. Ah, but of course, if she was completely robotic, then Diaz wouldn't be able to fap to her amputee-self, with her still organic vag.

These cats are starting to annoy me for how much of a plot convenience they are. Can't get to a place in time? Here, here's a literal portal through space and time. Don't know all the answers to something and need some guidance/reassurance? Don't worry bruh, the kitties can help you. It's kind of lame, and takes a lot of the anticipation out of things.

So much crammed into such tiny panels. Diaz should just post a row of panels as an update each time, since he puts so much text into his comics. He could update more frequently, and use bigger pictures. But this is an argument that we've all heard before.

12. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    I guess she regrets those strips he made now, huh?

Anyone have a screenshot of Aaron getting made fun?

13. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Why does her face keep warping all over the place? And her dad's?

Also, dear god looking at some of the mistakes made in getting this comic rushed out make my head hurt.

14. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Grandioso hyperbolism
    [​IMG]

I now consider Dresden Codak to be cheap knock off of Gunnerkrigg Court.
    Simply put, GC has better story and presentation of human and machine bond in this arc
    One of the protagonist is genius almost like Kimiko, but I see more logical character development (like in this arc, she's struggling to create the perfect machine based on her predecessor design) and even created a robot cult faction worshipping her as The Creator.
    This arc touched how important she is by the robots as they have their own shady motivation to strife for their own perfection to become flesh.

Also, Kimiko transcended transhumanism form will never beat H.R. Giger inspired technorganic being (Kat's etheric/true form)
    [​IMG]

In short, Desden Codak trying to summarize human-machine deityhood. While Gunnerkrigg Court fleshing the relation arc by arc, building sinister plot.

15. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    This page has so much potential in trolling/fucking with Diaz if you edit the text to make fun of his obsession for Ashley Burch and his creepiness in general.

16. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Bonus page why GC Kat's etheric form way more cooler than DC Fapmiko transceded form
    [​IMG]

Aaron Diaz sexualize the hell out of his character(waifu), while Tom Siddel isn't afraid to be terrifying.

Oh this is how Kat looks like in her normal/human form by the way
    [​IMG]

17. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Thumbs up FuanasEden for that excellent comparison, I really need to start reading GC in general.

Main problem with DC is that Aaron can't ever make up his mind on how to convey his story and always changes things whenever he feels like it. Ranging from Kim's hair color to just writing in stuff without any real nuance and care.

Aside from this "revelation" being retarded because Aaron never had any foreshadowing beforehand (you would think some detail on the robotic underworkings of this supposedly nefarious city could have been expounded upon), it's also a half-assed motivation for Kimiko added just to move the nonexistent plot forward. It's the exact same shit as "you were kind to me, so I'll bend over for you nine ways" in anime to skip any kind of serious character development and just hand the MC everything on a silver platter.

18. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    While GC art fall behind DC in comparison, but it has way better story than Diaz could ever mustered. Speaking of foreshadowing, Diaz should learn a thing or two from Tom Siddel (while cranking out 3 pages a week)

19. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

[​IMG]

Like a robotic vagina?

And the art in it isn't even that great- look at those robots man- they could've at least made something a bit more... original to say the least. Not to mention the art looks somewhat rushed- still better then Dresden, though regardless.

20. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse
    Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.

Sugoi Booty Call
    How original, how could he have come up with this:
    Screenshot 2015-05-16 at 3.03.02 PM.
    [​IMG]

Screenshot 2015-05-16 at 3.04.34 PM.

I think adding small details in a comic is great and all. It also gives it a certain je ne sais quoi. However, when the detail doesn't make sense, like writing an element that doesn't exist, when you already have gibberish on the same page. It's makes seems a little dumb. Also why is it labeled that her skeleton is going to be made up or reinforced with silicon and nickel when her prosthetic arm made of Nitinol (which is supposed to be written as NiTi)? It appears that her joints are made up of Gl(?) and Caesium, a very reactive element that is a liquid at room temp.