Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. BlandWagon

BlandWagon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Fourth Street Corner Liquorstore Gloryhole
    It's the Cal Arts/Disneyfication of how he draws. Usually at least with Disney you had a great voice actor attached to solidify a vision of the villain, but as it is this style lacks distinctive edges and points. Every corner has been sanded down or rounded of and it leads to a very "precise" style, but unfortunately not one with pizazz. Such wide, large eyes on what is obviously a villainous character(fuck, his name is BELPHEGOR) is off-putting. It's not an ironclad rule but it's generally accepted that in order to make someone look more villainous or negative they need smaller, distrustful eyes.

Granted, there are likely two reasons for the lack of edges and sharpness to designs in Disney's case. On the one, they don't want anything to be too scary so a rounder, softer look is more homogenized and better, and two, even more important: merchandising. Too many sharp sides or corners on designs mean that hard plastic toys are weapons and capable of hurting stupid children playing with them. To avoid that problem altogether, rounded designs are key. However, DC does not have merch like that nor does it try to appeal to a younger audience; in fact, its arrogance and smug-on-its-own-farts aura make it seem obviously aimed intellectually higher. Hence why the dumbing down of the art feels wrong. It's a story that seems to want to be for adults being told by someone of the maturity of a teenager drawn as if it was for children. Of course it'd be jarring.

Of course I'm probably just full of shit, this is just my observation. I don't like the looks of him either.

2. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

You bring up a good point about the eyes. They're big, but he obviously wanted the man to have his eyebrows hood and cloak them, making them expressive in a way that also made the man seem older and a little cunning. As such, his eyebrows end up being so huge that they stick out from his forehead. It looks really weird and gross. Smaller eyes, in addition to being more villainous, would've tempered the size of the eyebrows, and made him seem more normal.

3. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    Wait, are you telling me that gigantic head wasn't the work of bored fucks with Photoshop? Seriously?

4. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    The biggest problem is that the face is treated as a soft shape with an eyes mouth and nose. It's literally shaded as a round object.

Regardless of how fat someone is their face still has hints of basic definitions such as cheek bones, brow ridges, etc. etc. Hell with the outfit the man is wearing he should at least be sporting a hint of a double chin. I'll let Diaz easy on this one because it's a very common mistake to make and often times it takes a lot of study time of observing huge people of his caliber to really get it right.

5. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    I can't even focus on the mediocre drawings because these fucking dialogues irritate me so fucking much.
    "It is one that must be opponed"
    Not even in medieval age they talked like that what the shit

6. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Well that page was truly everything I hate about the way he wrote dialogues. Also noting that they way every character speak is always almost the same, there is no distinction, accent, etc. Hence bare bone personalities.

Well anyway, reading Atomic Robo and his team of Action Scientist arr much fun than DC. The banter poking fun at pseudoscience rather than making it long winded imaginary how science work plot convinience.

Plus there is action.... action everywhere.

7. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

The composition of this comic is plain boring.

At least with earlier strips it was apparent that Diaz was actually putting his all into his art, injecting visual variety into it.

Now we just look at things dead on throughout this entire strip, with the exception of the closeup on the card. An argument could be made that we are looking through Vonnie's eyes and this limited perspective represents how trapped she was in her imprisonment, but again, the storytelling and visuals wouldn't point to something like this, and it's made all the more apparent by Diaz's laziness now that he has financial security.

I rather prefer the extradiegetic explanation anyways.

8. Jellybean

Jellybean
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    tl;dr

9. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    Steal Jeff Jacques's "Copy & Paste 20 panels, and make little or no changes at all" technique. Now use Buckley's "words words words" schtick with a bit of Aaron's pretentious, terrible writing. Terrible layouts are optional.

That is every strip from Diaz. I want to like the art, but for some reason I just can't. Maybe it's because the story really sucks.

I haven't followed him in a while, but is he still being a pretentious faggot who spews out some really retarded shit about writing/art while trying to get into Ashley Burch's panties and picking up other chicks on Twitter?

10. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Everything's true except for the last part. As if he could pick one up.

11. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I never said he was successful at it. A girl could sense his douche bag a mile away, and avoid him even if he makes a shit load of money ripping off sheltered nerds like him.

12. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Wait, he's trying to pick up chicks on twitter?

13. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    Yeah and boy is it embarassing to look at.

14. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Aaron's that guy who tries to make women think he cares about them as people, but in the reality he's in it for the tits, ass, and panties.

15. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

[​IMG]

I was under the impression that Kim's dad wasn't really around much, as he was too busy doing science stuff. What is this nonsense of him reading bedtime stories for her while she plays in a fort? And a bedtime story she's clearly heard before.

What is this sudden final fantasy-esque, known legends nonsense? I was also under the impression that this was all some super secret, forgotten lore type of stuff. Like the sort that only the people who were there could know, or the reincarnations of important people could have memory glimpses of, or else someone would have to tinker and dig at artifacts and do their best to put the pieces together.
    But there's a fucking book about it.

And this isn't actually the best use of values, there are moments here and there where things kinda merge, like in the second to last panel around her stomach. There's not much contrast going on, like he might've done the images in color, and then converted them to grayscale. Which, as experience has taught me, isn't actually a good method for black & white.

At least there's less text on this page than usual.

16. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    It's coping Attack on Titan or Shadow of the Colossus? maybe both.

17. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Looks like a GUNNM/Battle Angel Alita ripoff.

18. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

It's just super generic shit.

Of course the dad would read a bedtime story to his kid, and make it be about a mary sue version of herself, kids are naturally self-ce-

Wait. The story's going to pay serious attention to this.

Gaaaaah.

Also it looks like Diaz took a look at the Escher Girls blog and decided to copy the designs they mocked. It's all okay if you pay lip service to those that would be offended!

19. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I like knowing the hero in the story is basically his Mary Sue with torn clothes...and a little cleavage, but I guess it's okay since he's a SJW and shit.*

*No, I don't like it. This comic is still retarded.

20. Nox Noctis

Nox Noctis
    Expand Collapse
    Echi 'till I die. All these lolis call me Senpai.

Sugoi Booty Call
    Ok. To start off:
    Screenshot 2015-02-11 at 8.34.11 PM.
    I feel that the sequence should have been reversed, that it flows better with the bottom section. That's just my opinion. And Nephilim, really? Why does Diaz think that keep on using clichéd terms from Abrahamic Religions make him sound deep? That helmet looks like a cross between a Newsboy Cap and a bike helmet.
    Screenshot 2015-02-11 at 8.34.54 PM.
    That form is awful. I don't care how strong you are, I call bullshit that a backwards swing like that would have enough kinetic energy to decapitate a person(in this case a monster). Diaz accidentally drew how she would look like if she attempted to swing that way. lol
    Screenshot 2015-02-11 at 8.35.19 PM.
    Looks like if Mighty Ducks crossed with a colossus from Shadow of the Colossus.
    Screenshot 2015-02-11 at 8.36.41 PM.
    Holy shit. How's that sword a viable weapon? It looks like it was sliced clean through. It looks like an over-sized, weird looking tuning fork than a sword. Also, Giantslayer? It's a name a 5 year old would come up with. It just goes to show that Dresden has little to no creativity to come up with a better name that's not been ripped straight out of religious text a million times before.