Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Diaz injected her with empowahment steroid during the deus ex machina revelation and shooting star our of her other arse.

2. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    Diaz is obsessed with women's wrestling?

Sexualization of violence between women and toxic male gaze. Alert the tumblrites.

3. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

They already know, one of them is the reason why he had a meltdown a few months ago

4. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    He really needs his own article. I'd write Diaz one but I'm an illiterate nigger.

5. bobmalarky

bobmalarky
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I don't read this shit so I'm genuinely confused. The last time I heard about this thing was on the original Your Webcomic is Bad and You Should Feel Bad blog where Diaz's waifu Mary Sue was, for the most part, a normal chick. How did we get from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

I mean I know these pages have like 7 years between them, but the dude only does like 8 updates a year. How is this even the same comic?

6. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

shit, even just skimming over the pages the crazy panels discourage me from even attempting to read it.

has this shit ever been in print? cause damn, those pages would have to be newspaper size format to fit it all in

7. Jellybean

Jellybean
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    They both have horrible layouts.

8. bobmalarky

bobmalarky
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Yeah I was skimming through it and just seeing the jumble of confusing panels, the pages that don't seem to follow one another, and the MASSIVE fucking text walls my brain just said "fuck it".

I mean LOOK at this shit:

Dark Science #2

[​IMG]

Okay so here she's trying to power electricity by making authors roll in their graves thanks to horrific movie adaptations. That's actually a funny idea, executed horribly.

And then on the VERY NEXT PAGE:

Dark Science #3

[​IMG]
    She's suddenly in a Space Western and she's a cyborg. Where the FUCK is the story? And holy hell the layout. The part where he's talking about her eye and arm don't even look like they belong to that panel, you'd read it well before you're supposed to. But I guess he didn't want to block the fetishistic closeups of his waifu.

And then there's this shit:

[​IMG]

Making fancy images doesn't make your exposition any less boring, asshole. PACE IT OUT.

9. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

She looked a lot better in the original before he turned her into a chipmunk- also notice how skinny her arms are? LOL.

10. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Reading the dialogues and wall of text feels like someone attempted to wrote a master or doctoral thesis.
    From what I know, it is strongly advised to use common words in writing thesis so the reader can understand the topic and the content of your research. Avoid using too many complicated words.

This always been a problem to me since the first time I discover this comic. As someone who use English as second language, it was a chore trying to read it. And understand what the fuck they're saying even. Its like only for hipster who read Nietsche and Jung could understand.

11. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Everyone in that comic speaks like a pretentious piece of shit, as if the fancy words could somehow improve the writing (protip: they don't)
    And is anyone else bothered by the fact that there are hardly any dynamic close-ups? Often the most important part of the panel (like character's expression) is the tiniest part of it. That makes no sense. And makes it even harder to read. The comic would be improved if there were fewer panels per page, and bigger. Like in regular comics. Diaz is just trying too hard to be "different".
    So, to sum up: The language is difficult, even more when a very complex sentence is stretched into several bubbles. While trying to figure out which panel follows you might lose track of the run-on sentence. And even if you figure out the dialogue and the panel sequence, the important acts in the panels themselves can be super tiny or change perspective/angle or just jump ahead so that you have no clue what's happening anyways.
    It's as unintuitive as it gets, made with no regard towards the reader.

12. Sindy

Sindy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Um... A little part of me wants to not link you this but I think everyone else on the thread knows the assfuckery related to it (he kept raising the amount needed for the stretch goal of updating the comic regularly so it would always be out of reach, for example. And I don't think he yet delivered on the random stretch goals like redesigning the dinosaurs and who the fuck cares about that anyway).

I always shamelessly skipped over the exposition in his comic. There is just too much pretentiousness and I just don't care. That page with a lot of text that was just linked? Yeah, I keep seeing it linked in places and I always close the tab straight away, and when I tried to read the archives (had some online friends going WOAH READ THIS ITS THE SHIZZ) I skipped A LOT of pages due to his inability to arrange things in a page or write a decent sized text.

He abuses the shit out of the fact that you can add different layouts if you know how to lead the reader's eye around the page via action, colors, border shapes, etc. It's in a lot of comic tutorials and those Making Comics books, and it works if you do it right, but Diaz took the 'you can do different layouts' part and gave up trying with the 'IF you lead the reader's eye'. He would also update a lot more often if he didn't cram the pages chock full of mini panels (I'm sure it's a fucking pain to read this in print since I always have to zoom my browser in to make shit out on his pages), and if he weren't so fucking pretentious about his art. He has this idea he's the best webcomic artist out there becaue he paints not monotones. I'd love to break it to him that there are painted webcomics out there which update weekly and have even better artistic and anatomy skills, layout, story and whatnot, but he's one of the biggest narcisisstic fucks in the history of comics so he'll just find a reason while he STILL does more work than those people.

Like someone already said, I think his supporters deserve to be ripped off if they don't fucking learn he never follows through with promises of updating more often or sending goodies or drawing new things or whatever. I used to pity them, but you have to be mentally crippled to not see how Diaz is measuring up to other good webcomic artists in terms of skill, behavior and promise keeping. Mentally crippled, or fapping to 'she is totally Asian guys trust me ignore the fact I can't draw someone looking Asian, I SAY SHE'S ASIAN' half naked cyborg waifu.

13. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Oh man, how did that slip out of my mind? I feel stupid now. Yep, I knew of this kickstarter, it just slipped my memory somehow (the print part, I just recalled that he's getting paid to even update it).
    It does look awful in print though. So huge. Or maybe I'm just too used to the regular comic format (western, not manga)

14. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Redesigning silmarilion, is he still at it?

15. Shlomo Bernitz

Shlomo Bernitz
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:

He would have to go through that book first as there is practically no internet culture holding its conclusive synopsis and tropes, unlike LotR or "Hobbit".

And even then he would have to go through tremendous design effort, as "Silmarillion" is at best a posthumous comprehensive sketch made out of Tolkien's worldbuilding notes and as such gives little to no descriptive visualization.

A part of me wants to see him have a go at it, as Tolkientards are notorious for triggering unending spergfests regarding that book and the implications of available material.

16. bobmalarky

bobmalarky
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Why the fuck does he need $30,000 to make a book that he is then going to sell? And now he has $500,000 to do whatever he wants with? Also one of the incentives was him updating the webcomic? You know, doing his fucking job? Does he have an actual job he works at and does this on the side, or is this what he makes a living off of? Cause if it's the latter he's an asshole.

It's like he just wants to cram as much as possible on one page so he can fuck off from it for 4 months at a time. He could have regular updates if he actually structured this shit properly, he could get 3 pages out of one of his normal ones.

Not that it would help. A GOOD comic should be able to be followed even without the dialog. Obviously you wouldn't be able to understand everything, but you should be able to glean some meaning and plot from it.

Of course he crams in SO much dialog it's useless. He might as well be writing a novel with illustrations.

17. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I need to start a webcomic.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
  18. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Anyway, his tardiness is still there despite his promise on patreon. New page promised on last monday? Change it to next week.

19. bobmalarky

bobmalarky
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Here's his updates for the current story line alone:

Dark Science #36 - The Department of Congruity 10/29/2014
    Dark Science #35 - The Interview 10/6/2014
    Dark Science #34 - Wait 9/22/2014
    Dark Science #33 - Light and Dark 7/24/2014
    Dark Science #32 - Under the Light of the Sun 6/9/2014
    Dark Science #31 - Escalation 3/27/2014
    Dark Science #30 - Electrifying Conversation 12/24/2013
    Dark Science #29 - Unproductive Discourse 12/2/2013
    Dark Science #28 - Leviathan 10/2/2013
    Dark Science #27 - Behind the Curtain 8/23/2013
    Dark Science #26 - Masks 7/4/2013
    Dark Science #25 - The Turncoat 3/19/2013
    Dark Science #24 - The Heart of the Giant 12/24/2012
    Dark Science #23 - Interpretive Dance 12/3/2012
    Dark Science #22 - Caspar 11/3/2012
    Dark Science #21 - The Institute For the Disrespect of the Arts 9/26/2012
    Dark Science #20 - The Department of Taste 8/9/2012
    Dark Science #19 - The Department of Quantification 7/4/2012
    Dark Science Act 2: The Dark Scientific Method 6/13/2012
    Dark Science #18 - Dark Counsel 4/10/2012
    Dark Science #17 - Revisitations 3/9/2012
    Dark Science #16 - The Missing Sun 2/15/2012
    Dark Science #15 - Last Words 1/9/2012
    Dark Science #14 - The Department of Instillment 12/16/2011
    Dark Science #13 - Homework 11/28/2011
    Dark Science #12 - Shadows 10/31/2011
    Dark Science #11 - Candle in the Dark 8/12/2011
    Dark Science #10 - Melchior 6/16/2011
    Dark Science #09 - Insufficient Credibility 4/19/2011
    Dark Science #08 - The Department of Inquisition 2/23/2011
    Dark Science #07 - Intermezzo 2/1/2011
    Dark Science #06 - The Complexities of Vocation 11/28/2010
    Dark Science #05 - Friendship Status 9/25/2010
    Dark Science #04 - Nephilopolis: City of Giants 7/26/2010
    Dark Science #03 - Strange Trainfellows 7/10/2010
    Dark Science #02 - The Complexities of Finance 6/10/2010
    Dark Science #01 - The Collected Works of Shakespeare: the Movie 6/3/2010

He only had 6 fucking updates for the entire year of 2013. What the fuck man.

So there's no way I can possibly read this assault of the senses. But I was trying to find the exact page in which she becomes a cyborg, just out of curiosity.

First I saw this flipping through the first storyline:

[​IMG]

She calls one of her friends a "primate" I guess cause she's a robotkin and soooo much smarter than everyone else. Are we supposed to be rooting for this girl?

Okay so on this confusing, unfollowable mess of a page where she's fighting time travelers or something she gets fucked up.
    [​IMG]

Okay so she or someone else must have rebuilt her after this. So there's a flashback to her talking to her mom as a kid about her daddy issues. Her mom has a convenient one-panel dying-of-cancer shot and then a younger Kimiko is given a giant check by her father the genius roboticist okay...

And then this bullshit happens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON.

I guess her dad's a godrobot and she transforms into SUPAH MARY SUE DESU

Then everyone says a whole bunch of meaningless horseshit and then the world ends.

[​IMG]

Kay.

[​IMG]

Okay so her dad is NOT a godrobot in the future yet or whatever... but okay. I can work with this. This is the point where she becomes a cyborg. So how does she do it-

[​IMG]

VERY NEXT PAGE! BOOM. She's a cyborg. What the fuck. Something INTERESTING could have happened! We could have seen the process, seen her get back on her feet, had, you know, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Nah lets just hear about how anyone who likes sports is a moron like this was written by a high schooler.

Fuck this shit.

20. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Indeed. The only page that illustrates her turning herself into a cyborg spends a single panel on the subject before literally brushing it off to talk about other things.
    [​IMG]
    She was also apparently a lot tanner back then.
    But yeah, the one part in the whole mess that could've been really interesting, and it's completely skimmed over.