Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. BlandWagon

BlandWagon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Fourth Street Corner Liquorstore Gloryhole
    This is the guy who fucking said he thinks the Four Horsemen are an overused motif for the Apocalypse quartet in his redesign of the X Men. He also then gave them a 4 elements motif, as if that's somehow LESS overused...

And NOW, for his super special Dark Science arc...he has the "Seven Equations" and two of these bots being named Belphegor and Leviathan.

THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS ARE ALMOST AS OVERUSED AS THE FOUR ELEMENTS ARE. You really think this is compelling?

2. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

oh man in my opinion the four elements are WAAAAY more overused than seven deadly sins and four horsemen combined - since it works in more environments/stories (fantasy and shit) as it (the elements) doesn't need a religious backdrop to work on.

now we wait till he introduces shockingly original brothers named Cain and Abel

3. theprestoncritic

theprestoncritic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

WHOA! A readable DC page for once! Too bad it took him a couple thousand dollars and a generic font based off his handwriting to accomplish this.

It's quite obvious he's starting to stall the plot for monies. I would actually like the slower pacing if he didn't try to stuff it with boring dialogue and bad art squeezed into tiny panels.

Don't forget the guys named after the Three Magi. Melchoir is such a unique name that offers so much insight into the presence of Christianity in this comic's culohwhoamIkidding.

4. Sir Wulfington

Sir Wulfington
    Expand Collapse
    Dog Fucker

Definitely. As much as it pisses me off at how much of a lazy, greedy piece of shit he is, I have absolutely zero sympathy for anyone continuing to give him money. He's obviously taking advantage of their generosity, but they let it happen. Even worse, they choose to donate to someone like this over an actual legitimate, struggling artist on patreon who has a good work ethic and actually produces good stuff, someone who would give REAL benefits for donating, someone who gives a damn about their work.

They deserve to be conned.

5. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah Four elements- or any elements based on such a motif is extremely lame and over used- in fact if I even see it in a story I don't even bother reading it.

6. Sir Wulfington

Sir Wulfington
    Expand Collapse
    Dog Fucker

I definitely groan when I see one. It's not just overused, but.......nerdy. I dunno, I don't like it when a fantasy story has to have.....orders, I guess. Like, "Sheshamagah, Goddess of LIGHT" "Garmabogz, God of SHADOW" "Zeebahzooo, God of NATURE", etc., I just go "ugg.....", maybe because it's just not fucking necessary, the story could've axed these things and just made them gods and the story would be exactly the same in most cases, or not have elemental orders.

That, and I think these stories tend to go into too much "cool story bro" when describing these elements, like some old guy who knows everything about the history of the fictional world because plot convenience goes into uber exposition mode about "THIS IS HOW THE WORLD WAS CREATED, AND THESE ARE THE GODS OF THESE 45 ELEMENTS AND THEY USED THEM TO CREATE THE SEA, THE SKY, THE EARTH AND......"

Meanwhile, I'm just like "HOLY SHIT I DON'T FUCKING CARE NONE OF THIS IS RELEVANT TO THE STORY SHUT UP". Yeah, I think that might explain it. Whatever the case, I don't like it.

TL'DR: I don't know why exactly I don't like it other than that it's probably because it's overused and never (or rarely) given any relevance to the plot and results in pointless exposition about it.

7. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

That's the problem when people don't actually read mythology stuff and just write stuff out of their asses.

I mean, there is plenty of old existing mythologies that are interesting enough, but nope gotta invent boring gods.

8. Abbon

Abbon
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

At least he's not pulling anything from Oz or Alice. Then I'd be annoyed.

9. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    "It's witty and brilliant of me when I use it! Because it has never done before!"
    The thought of every artist that's using overused stuff.

10. 528491

Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

It stems from the fact that a lot of these kids cream themselves over the superficial aspects of myth and religion, but don't really understand how it works. There's a reason why certain belief systems arose in the cultures that they did. You can't frost a cake without the base, and even then you still need a steady hand.

[​IMG]

This is something that is often seen in weak writers, not just of fantasy. It often highlights just how derivative their work is.

11. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    I could have sworn Diaz had a page on ED. For a big name faggot in webcomics i'm surprised he doesn't have an article, especially considering the narcissistic cunt googles himself daily.

12. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

13. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Incoherent at best

14. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    i'm going to write a comedy story based on xipe totec and quetzalcoatl, in the style of a raod show.

15. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Well she certainly got out of that bind fast. No effort on Kim's part, someone just decides to possibly throw away everything they have and help them out. They didn't even have to sit in that cell for long.

The writing is awful.

16. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

so between panels 3 and 4 her gurney somehow made it's way ove to the pod thing that was 5~6 meters away. Then the camera head robot in the panel 4 dropped her down the hatch while asking her question at the same time (WHY would he ask a question just as he's dispatching her? He knew she wouldn't answer! and it doesn't look like rhetorical question since he's literally asking her who made her robot parts)
    and that's as far as I got, not even gonna atempt to read the rest of this page. Jesus christ this comic is terrible, it's so hard to tell what's going on and there are hardly any transitions between the panels. Panels that could be stretched to entire page (the bigger panel in the bottom line) are squeezed and impossible to understand. The little pod/car? she was thrown in is incredibly huge on the inside which is both stupid and confusing to the reader. And as for the last panel - of course it's a fucking prisoner rescue, no guard with half a brain would willingly put themselves into this position, which is just screaming "strangle me!"

17. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Wait... wasn't that red hair character last seen was running away heartbroken into whatever dump hole she went into and was followed by what-his-face? Diaz never make clear explanation on character's disappearing and suddenly reappearing.

18. Sir Wulfington

Sir Wulfington
    Expand Collapse
    Dog Fucker

Probably because he spends so much time between updates that he forgets some of what's even going on. And because he hasn't pre-planned the entire story like an intelligent human being would.

19. audionigger

audionigger
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Ape Nigger from Nigger Africa
    I hate Diaz on a level I can't even describe. He's got better than average painting for a webcomic guy and he squanders it by refusing to improve his horrific fucking layouts and asinine story. He's a narcissistic manchild wrapped up in his own image, his pinups are "empowering," the Ashley Burch insert is his personal fetish doll, and he pairs her with his own scrawny self-insert. He has the time to obsessively watch his twitter feed and preen for fans but gets defensive whenever his pseudo-intellectual garbage is called out. The sheer fact these prissy little faggots exist and survive off thousands donated through kickstarter or patreon while decent hardworking projects die is a fucking travesty.

20. n1bblir

n1bblir
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Also what the fuck is going on with Kimko's biceps? I mean, someone mentioned his obsession with women's wrestling, that has to be the case now because she's totally ripped for no reason what so ever.