Dresden cumfuck.

Discussion in 'DeviantART' started by jack, Jun 20, 2014.

1. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

most of his redesigns look just like hipster versions of the characters

• Like Like x 6
    • I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  2. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

that's because if you make them look like that you can just scream look i'm cool with out having to do anything new.

3. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Diaz saw how many likes and reblogs her response gained. It's going 1,600 notes, less than her mock strip that got 2,700 notes. I just want to enjoy the burn a male feminist got served by a real women.
    *sipping wine reading Diaz boohouhou on twitter*
    Odd, the curry eater variation. Not the "Haw, paleface".

4. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

"feminist"
    Faggot's no more a feminist than Tatsuya Ishida
    Fuckers like them and KC Green are just using the SJW crowd to get extra attention for their shitty comics

5. bobmalarky

bobmalarky
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

One thing you can say about his Power Girl costume is at least it looks like it could actually support her tits.

6. aloocurry

aloocurry
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

as an indian i can tell you now there's a reason we don't get olympic gold in running. brown hawkeye would make sense.

7. FuanasEdan

FuanasEdan
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Middle of something
    Gee, I hope Diaz doesn't take this as another passive-aggresive response.

8. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Not a fan of her work but god damn that's gotta hurt
    Could have done without the "I know it sucks to see your work roasted" padding, though, that's obviously there to try and keep his fee-fees from getting hurt too much

9. ClapYourClam

ClapYourClam
    Expand Collapse
    Oh shit, waddup

I am going to predict diaz's twitter response.

"sorry you don't women owning their sexuality lol *sniffs own farts*"

10. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

She also called him a good writer.

That's the other funny thing about this. Both of these woman are swj or feminists yet it went after them,The original comic was just saying of you like drawing big tits go for it just do not pretend you're serving a higher purpose. be honest.

yet it pissed him off.

11. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Still complete silence, though he did take the time to update his profile picture
    Also his tagline is "award winning comics sempai", I never saw that before but wow is that ever dumb

12. TheGreekDollmaker

TheGreekDollmaker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

You know, speaking of redesigns, I also found this on one of his pages and...

My bullshit detector has gone off in strides

I am going to focus on wonder woman here because thats the one I have the most problems with

[​IMG]

Amazons werent Greek you idiot, and that goes for everyone who thinks that just because they are mentioned in Greek Mythology that this somehow makes them Greek. They are mentioned by Ancient Greek writers (Herodotus and Pliny especially) to be somewhere around Ukriene or even Turkey. Essentially, not Greek, and they are numerous times presented as wearing pants (a sign of a barbarian), or holding Barbarian arms.

Ah yes, Thor and Xena, the most classical of the Greeks that everybody thinks of and not a Norse fuckoff and Hollywood make believe bullshit from 1995.

Smooth
    "I know this doesnt work but I am still sticking with it"

The whole white marbles thing is all based on a basic misunderstanding steming from the beginings of Archelogy in the early 18th century. I am not going to go to deep on this, but basically there was this myth of the Greek and Roman marbles that they were made like that in order to show all the muscles and that they reflected the moonlight to create this eternal glow and shit that lead lots of Archeologists and reconsustructionists taking Greek marbles and "cleaning them" off of dirt (paint), sometimes dropping them into pools of acids to wash off the paint.

But besides that, the whole reason why the Ancient Greeks painted their marbles was because they wanted them to look as real as possible. They would put them outside of temples and in public places as they wanted them to convince you that you were in the presense of the gods or of body perfections and the like.

In this case, why the hell wouldn't Wonder Woman want to get have her marble painted? Why wouldn't she want to look as real to a human being as possible? And so what if the paint worn off, what, did she paint it once and once it was worn out she was like "lol cant do anything about that now". Just get a few guys every week or after every fight or whatever to paint her marbles back, which would also make a good plot device and would work for character development.

"Traditional Greek weapon" part is a bunch of honk. First of, what era are we talking about, because Greece is not just classical Greece, and classical Greece is not just Athens and Sparta. Are we talking about before the Persian invasions? After them? Alexander and the Macedonians maybe? After the Hellenistic expansions and into the Roman conquests? Greece existed after that you know. Or even after that, with the Hellenization of the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium) and its respective changes to the military, such as Justinian, Heraclius, etc. Its also worthy to point out that not all Greeks were viewed equally Greek. The city states may have created a sort of identity that they would try to rally from after the Persian invasions, but that didn't exactly pan out greatly for them.

Secondly, he gave her the Xiphos, which as with the Roman Gladius, was not just found in Greece, but all over the Mediterrenean world. Greeks swords were not exactly 100% Greek, neither were the Egyptian ones, the Carthegeneans, the Romans or anybody else. Pretty much everybody stole or adopted or took notes throughout that entire period of each other's swords and incoporated it on their own.

As for the sword comment, it should be worthy to mention that a large amount of armies throughout history (Horse Archer Nomads and other barbarians withstanding) used spears and long arms as their main mode of fighting. Thats because the sword, like modern combat blades, was supposed to be a secondary use weapon, either for close quarters combat or for defense. Its not something that you go to a fight with intending to use first, and if you do, expect to get cut down by spears. The whole mythology of the sword as this timid weapons it propably fantasy novel bullshit and the like.

So yeah, the design was shit the moment he mentioned fucking Xena

13. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

14. Chickenwithtie

Chickenwithtie
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Prostitute
    What the shit is that

15. slimelurker

slimelurker
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

So I finally buckled down and read Dark Science.

He wastes, so much time, on pointless bullshit. Plot-vital elements are only given a passing glance that can barely be absorbed while he'd rather show how morally corrupt the city is. Speaking of which, somehow that came off as really pretentious. Not to mention it was all a bunch of worn-out stereotypes of criticism we've heard time and again about materialistic societies. And there's a number of things in the comic that aren't explained or expanded on, and I just have to accept for what it is, like how I had to figure out that her cyber-eye could read elements, and having to just roll with her being able to connect herself into the internet to call people. How does that work, by the way? Can she receive incoming signals, did she have to crack some network keys or what? The level of advancement for cybernetic technologies seems pretty varied, is there any standard to fall back on, or is it hit-and-miss depending on who your mechanic is? How can her eye scan and read elements? Can it only read pure elements, or can it also read compounds, solutions, and other things? Why is her cyber-eye changing colors, especially in light of that magic deus ex machina on the most recent page? Wouldn't it make more sense for her normal eye to react that way to the magic, while her cyber eye remains blue and normal-ish? So many questions, so many things that could be elaborated on and really enrich the story, so many things with so much potential...

Overall it's pretty forgettable, I can barely remember what happened and I just read it. Makes me a bit sorry I wasted my time.

16. Shinmera

Shinmera
    Expand Collapse
    九尾の狐

ETHZ-CSE Student
    Home Page:
    All of these problems are because his update schedule is so slow. He wants to show all this cool shit in his world and at the same time realizes he can't just wander about slowly explaining everything because then absolutely nothing would happen, but even if you discard all the crucial world-building and exposition his updates are so infrequent that the plot has to be cut down to the bare minimum as well, skipping everything that would need explanation.

In other words: No matter what Diaz says about his shitty schedule, it's the source of a lot of the problems with the comic. Though I don't know if his flawed writing would be even more apparent if he released more. Probably.

17. ClapYourClam

ClapYourClam
    Expand Collapse
    Oh shit, waddup

[​IMG]

18. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

That might have been a sick burn if they hadn't then proceeded to jerk each other off (followed by jeff jacks and some other faggots joining in)

19. Jellybean

Jellybean
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Why?

20. Ricki

Ricki
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Looking at his Marvel redesigns this time.

[​IMG]
    1.) Anna Marie
    2.) Ororo Munroe (Storm) .................................... wtf
    3.) Jean Grey
    4.) Kitty Pryde

[​IMG]
    1.) Curt Wagner (night-crawler)
    2.) Dr James "Logan" Howlett (Wolverine) ...........................Dear god please no
    3.) Emma Frost

[​IMG]
    1.) Dr. Magnus Eisenhardt
    2.) Professor Charles Xavier Where the fuck is his wheelchair?
    Oh fuck you Diaz

3.) Sentinals

[​IMG]
    1.) Scarlet Witch
    2.) Havok
    3.) Magneto
    4.) Beast WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS HEAD!!??
    5.) Toad Because screw physical symbolism am I right?

[​IMG]
    1.) Apocolypse
    2.) Juggernaut
    3.) Mystique :vomit:

As you can tell, these designs blow serious ass. There is little to no consistancy in the clothing, they look to be from different time periods. One of the points of superhero designs is to make the character look powerful, like a hero. Yet these designs look so pathetic and reek of hipster.

21. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Sentinels are now Inspector Gadget
    Aside from the pointy ears, that look for Storm has basically already been done
    The only one of these that doesn't really suck is Rogue

22. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Mystique is a Pokemon.

23. Jellybean

Jellybean
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Why does he have so many redesigns? Does he do it on purpose or do they just look like them?

24. RatboyRatriarchy

RatboyRatriarchy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I remember seeing those from a while back. I also remember his explanation for Wolverine/Logan is that since he's been alive for hundreds of years, he's real short since people were short back then. I think he also purposely de-sexualized Emma Frost or something.

25. Twaek

Twaek
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Likeicare Krew
    Yeah, it's not like her vanity or past as a Hellfire Club stripper are important to her character or anything.

26. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

that's a retarded reason (for Wolverine being short). Plenty of people were tall even when the general population was short. Even when the average height of humans was less than today, there still were above-average tall people among them. Just like we have today - not everyone is tall. Simple fucking logic.
    I think he made him short just to be as different as possible. Everyone draws Wolverine as a big strong man (...because that's what he is) so drawing him like a midget is all edgy and alternative and oh-so-original.
    Which, by the way, seems to be most of the reasoning behind these redesigns. Plenty of the changes are there just to "be different".

27. TheForRealDeal

TheForRealDeal
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Wolverine has always been short you morons

28. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

This. He's muscular, sure, and cape artists being cape artists, he's often drawn average height, but he's canon like an inch shorter than Kitty Pryde.

29. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

he's 5,3

[​IMG]http://marvel.wikia.com/Wolverine_(James_"Logan"_Howlett)

he's short but badass hence the name.

30. indyj

indyj
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

okay, he's not tall, my bad, but damn it on that redesign pic he looks like a fucking hobbit.