Dramaticahammer 40k

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by Warpdust Addict, Sep 24, 2015.

1. j15m

j15m
    Expand Collapse

Y'all niggas playin' D&D or something?

• Like Like x 3
    • Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  2. corpsefriedchicken

corpsefriedchicken
    Expand Collapse
    Reactionary cunt

Phone Sex Operator
    Shit, can I be a chaotic neutral pyromancer, that's the most fun to play

3. j15m

j15m
    Expand Collapse

Only if I can be one of those half horse / half man things (with a horse cock of course) and a sword, shield, helmet and stuff.

4. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

D&D is ancient, gramps, get with the program.

[​IMG]

5. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

You can be an unhinged Bright Wizard.

So, a Bright Wizard.

6. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Centaur, if you want to kill shit.

Boytaur, if you're in it for the ERP.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  7. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    Looks like GW is getting rid of some Fantasy models (mostly Skaven and Beastmen). Skaven will hopefully get some new stuff, but Beastmen are pretty fucked (RIP goatmen :( ).

Flying Circus fell apart after 6th Edition, so Bretonnians were obsolete like Chaos Beastmen come 7th. Shooty Empire and most Wood Elf lists were full of bullshit too (until Wood Elves got the finger from Matt Ward. Shooty Empire was bullshit good in every edition past 6). Lizardmen also pissed off a few people when later editions added more Skink options (Why go for Saurus if you can have skinks act like 40k-wannabe faggots?). In later editions, Shooty Skaven was toned down, and Plague rats were seeing more action.

Khorne and Slaanesh were the gods all the kids loved because, you know, gore and tits (I always saw kids with Khorne CSMs than Slaanesh). Nurgle needs more love.

I'm kinda surprised to know people like Word Bearers. They are pretty cool, but I thought they're one of the lesser known CSMs (Again, the Word Bearer books were pretty good). Lore-wise, I like Black Legion because Abaddon is the only guy the Chaos gods fully support (model and army wise, meh). Abaddon needs a model that doesn't suck.

#247 UncleSchomo, Feb 2, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  8. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Way back in the forgotten mists of Oldhammer, Khorne had more depth. He would punish champions who built shrines to him instead of finding more battle. He possessed a twisted sense of martial honor, and his servants gained no favor from killing weaker opponents. Khorne could even become angry if his champions did not seek combat with worthy enemies. Now it's just "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" and "Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it does flow."

Slaanesh is pigeonholed as the god of sex and drugs. Current fluff probably does nothing to discourage this view, though Oldhammer was another matter. Painters seeking great works would call upon Slaanesh for inspiration to create a masterpiece; poets drew upon his power to become a wordsmith of such talent that they could craft epics to chill men to their bones. This all goes back to a recurring theme of old Slaanesh: addiction. Said painter and poet would find themselves beseeching Slaanesh more and more for the skill to continue creating masterful art, until they are lost entirely. When pleasure cults have glutted themselves with depravity to the point that they can no longer experience pleasure, they inflict themselves with blinding pain, just so they can feel something... anything at all. That last bit was always my favorite bit of Slaaneshi fluff. Now it's just, as you say, all about them daemon titties.

There are several things I like about them. First, they sort of operate as a cohesive legion, except that half follow Erebus and half follow Kor Phaeron. In fluff, their battlefield characteristic is summoning large waves of daemons. Many WBs don't seem to be the typical raving lunatics that are more typical in other legions. Dark Apostles are the shit. In worshipping Chaos as a whole, they don't become typecast in the way that followers of a single god tend to be.

I can appreciate some of the Black Legion's fluff. There are very few Sons of Horus left, most of the BL being CSM accepted from other sources, displaying a great deal of pragmatism on the part of BL. Abaddon, if not the greatest, is certainly a badass and clever enough to unite the fractious traitors, if only for a time.

The BL has no codex, and Abaddon only has shitty models? I'm very surprised, especially given how much GW wanks on his behalf.

9. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    oh how delciosly fuckable

that bitch would be a fucking banshee in the sack

10. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I like 'em so pure that they use purity seals as tassels.

[​IMG]

11. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Well which fluff?
    The Sisters of battle, Space Marine, Tech priests, Demon Hunters, and Imperial Guard all have different fluff about the Emperor and his plans for the world.
    But a verifiable fact is he punished the word bearer legion, the first to defect, for overzealous behavior on his behalf.
    The notion of a God in this universe, including the Chaos, has almost a separate definition then what is actually a god. I think the writers use Chaos as a symbolic army which manifests off of sin. Khorne is obviously anger, slaneesh being self gratification, nurgle is sickness (i think fear), and Tzeench being great ambition to bring change to the future (hubris). I think the Emperor is only a god symbolic to Man's struggle to survive and dominate, thus he was once guilty of hubris because he desired the power to make 20 primarch (demigods).

I never thought the god emperor fluff indicated a tie to actual godhood other than the way religious humans look to modern gods. But there is a wealth of lore i haven't touched and i only really read Horus Heresy.

12. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Chaos Lord of the Lunar Exterminators
    Home Page:
    Gee's dude, no love Malal at all.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I remember the old Chaos god lore. Kinda funny how Slaanesh was one of the more popular gods, yet GW gave him the middle finger in End Times and 40k Fantasy Age of Sigmar.

There actually is a Black Legion book for 40k, but it's more of a supplement. It would be nice if they updated the Abaddon model.

14. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Basically I meant all the Emperor fluff from before the Horus Heresy series. Not so much how the Guard saw him, but what he really was. Essentially, he was the New Man, representative of what humanity can become after their evolution to a fully psychic race. His old origin story was that psyker shamans were losing their ability to reincarnate due to disturbances in the Warp, so they enacted mass ritual suicide so that they could all be reborn together in one body: the Emperor in Anatolia, 8000 BC.

The original plan was to unite Terra and Mars, and from there claim the galaxy for Man. All but the least threatening Xenos had to go, as the Emperor had seen them prey upon humanity relentlessly during the Dark Age of Technology. He returned to Terra during the Great Crusade to construct an artificial Webway portal to free humanity from reliance on Warp travel. After being wounded by Horus, he held shut the unfinished Webway gate, partially powered the Astronomican, soul bound Astropaths, influenced the Emperor's Tarot, and myriad other activities he could perform with his mind, but not his broken body.

The four classical associations between humanity and the Chaos Gods were Khorne => anger, Slaanesh => excess, Nurgle => despair, and Tzeentch => hope.

The concept of godhood in 40k is used very loosely, but mostly just indicates an entity of immense galactic power. The Emperor was the most powerful psyker the galaxy had ever seen. The Dark Gods are twisted reflections of mortal concepts, but they are also slaves to those concepts. The C'tan qualified as "gods," but how or why they possessed such power was never explained. None of these strike mas as gods so much as godlike.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I want to love Malal, but he doesn't exist. Think of the irony; in this case, GW is the victim of copyright law, not the tyrant.

16. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Still not sure why they squatted Slaanesh. Some speculate they wanted to get rid of daemon tits, but there are easier ways to go about that.

I'm still surprised that Abaddon gets no love from GW. Archaon had some pretty good models even before AoS.

[​IMG]

17. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

There were rumors of new Slaanesh models, but with the way they're getting rid of certain Chaos models now (Beast and Skaven), I wouldn't hold my breath for Slaanesh.

Archaon was built to be this unholy bad-ass since Storm of Chaos, so it's kind of understandable why he gets so much attention. They just don't do anything with Abaddon out of mentioning him in each updated CSM Codex (and it's usually about him failing at life and crusades).

18. leecher

leecher
    Expand Collapse
    ESL

Archaon isn't the new Malal flavor?

19. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

They're getting rid of Skaven models? They're dedicated Chaos now, and Horned Rat has been promoted to Chaos God. Maybe they're making room for AoS Skaven, or maybe it's that I don't keep up with models at all.

20. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Officially, the closest we have to Malal is a warband called the Sons of Malice whose specialty is fighting other Chaos followers. This gave some people hope that Malal might make a return as Malice, but I'm not holding out any hope.

• List
  21. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Certain Skaven models and heroes seem to be getting the axe. Rumor was they were going to cut down the clans into one or two (Pestilence is staying because of Nurgle), but as of now you can still use most of the models from the four clans. Seems like they're going to be Nurgle's best friends pawns. Skaven will probably get some AoS goodies soon, since they just made a new Dwarf army based on Slayers (they're mercenary dicks that can even work with Chaos if a Chaos army gives them more gold. Yea, the AoS lore is that bad*). Just expect more Pestilence and Moulder-based models for the AoS Skaven.

The new Dwarfs look better than the old ones. They're still not worth $250 for 30 plastic dwarf soldiers (you can get 30 ratmen or 30 goatmen for $90 until GW stops carrying the battalions).

[​IMG]

*Or good if you want Dwarfs to be bigger dicks to everyone including Sigmar. Dwarfs were known to be selfish dicks before End Times.

• List
  22. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I think I heard something about the number of Skaven clans being reduced in AoS. Skaven always carried over into themes of Nurgle, but now that the Great Horned Rat is more or less equal to the other Dark Gods, I don't imagine many will cross into open Nurgle worship. Still possible, of course, treachery being inherent to the race.

I always liked WHFB's Dwarfs. It was a nice blend of hero and total asshole. "You shorted me a penny, lad. That's a grudgin'." I do like the AoS models, with one caveat: they look like naked Romans, more so than traditional Slayers. IIRC, the reason Dwarfs will work for anyone in exchange for gold is that they're looking for all the pieces of ur-gold, created by the body of Grimnir as he was slain, in hopes of resurrecting their god or some such. No one ever accused AoS of having good fluff.

GW should beg Rick Priestly to return, I say.

• I Agree I Agree x 2
    • List
  23. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

http://www.spikeybits.com/2015/03/from-russia-with-love-astartes-cosplay.html

[​IMG]
    I'll let the picture and link speak for themselves.

Good news if you like Space Wolves (why?): They're getting new models and a book...for some reason. Oh yea, lore-wise, they might fuck with the Eldar.

Bad news: They're really unleashing their inner furry.
    http://www.spikeybits.com/2016/02/breaking-belakor-space-wolves-rules-revealed.html

Oh yea, new deamons are coming out (Mostly more Khorne faggots and maybe some Tzeentch).

• List
  24. Fulgrim

Fulgrim
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Professional Primarch
    grills cant be space marines! :mad:

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 1
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  25. Fulgrim

Fulgrim
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Professional Primarch
    But in all seriousness irl, I wish GW would make more cool Slaanesh shit. I want a growing army for fuck sake. idgaf about Khorne or Tzeentch. Only reason I gave a fuck was when they released Skarbrand.

• Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  26. Jesse Garret

Jesse Garret
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

So I feel pretty safe saying that the Ultramarines are Graeco Roman. White Scars are the Mongols. Thousand Sons are Egyptians. But what are the other legions?

In particular what about the Dark Angels and the Imperial Fists?

Clearly the Black Templars (as successor chapter from the IF) are Teutonic Order Knights but then isn't that also what the Dark Angles kind of are too?

Are the Emperors Children the ancient Persians?

Thoughts?

• Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  27. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Chaos Lord of the Lunar Exterminators
    Home Page:
    Here are my estimates. All the Legions seem to represent certain time periods within humanity's existence.

Dark Angels-Teutonic Knights

Emperor's Children-Renaissance Era Europe

Iron Hands-Industrial Revolution Europe

Ultramarines-Graeco-Roman

Space Wolves-Duhhh, Vikings

White Scars-Mongolian Hordes.

Imperial Fist- WW1 Britain

Iron Warriors: WW1 Germany.

Salamanders: ??? Zulu Tribes or something

Word Bearers: Christianity in the AD's

Sons of Horus: Colonial Britain

Alpha Legion: CIA-MK Ultra Conspiracy shit.

Raven Guard: Delta Force.

Night Lords: IDK, Goths that sacked Rome?

Blood Angels: Hebrews

Death Guard: Black Death- 13th century Europe

World Eaters-Roman Gladiators

Thousand Sons-Ancient Egypts, duh. Or maybe the Babylonians.

• List
  28. Pachirisu

Pachirisu
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Student
    we should all be marines and purge all the heretics

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 3
    • List
  29. Macho Man

Macho Man
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

My guess is that the Salamanders are supposed to represent Medieval England, 5th or 6th century, around the time of King Arthur. Though they seem to be more based on myth rather than historical events.

The dragon theme, a mythological creature from around that period, and their green armor which I believe is a reference to the tale of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

Could be wrong, but yeah.

Vulkan's skin isn't nigger black, its black black. Which I think is a reference to the Black Knight.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  30. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

They originally had a Native American theme. Now a lot of people call them Jews due to individual DA names.
    All Salamanders are black black due to a defect in their mucranoid glands.

• Like Like x 2
    • List