Dramaticahammer 40k

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by Warpdust Addict, Sep 24, 2015.

1. leecher

leecher
    Expand Collapse
    ESL

Well the concept of imperial guard is great for 40k. An army that rely on number, what empire can provide, and can destroy "everything" and don't give too much power for one group, so even in corruption their strength will be reduce alot

2. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

fucking douche jerk nugget whore puta
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. leecher

leecher
    Expand Collapse
    ESL

Fuck the fantasy it died, but no one see what will happen in 40k?
    The horus heresy is nearly finished and in the 2016 they will cover the rest of past of empire. And after the only plot can be happen is end of times of 40k.

4. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I thought the Horus Heresy was never going to end, but the board game based on it is kind of interesting. Isn't the book series a mixed bag (great books in the beginning, but then it got shittier)?

It's going to be tough to see them pull off an End Times version of 40k without ruining it like they screwed up Fantasy (Fuck you, Matt Ward). Players are still pissed off over the Fantasy changes (e.g. permanently removing Bretonnians), and players who waited for years to see a non-shitty 40k army book are going to be pissed when armies like Space Nuns, Dark Eldar, Tech Priests, and Necrons get fucked over.

Can someone explain to me how Dark Elves are considered part of the Order faction in Age of Sigmar, and how that shit works when their lore is all about sacrificing people and being dicks to everybody? Even with 1dchan's page on Age of Sigmar, the whole thing is retarded.

5. leecher

leecher
    Expand Collapse
    ESL

Well Order isn't about being good, try to think about chaos gods.

6. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Don't be quite so resolute in hatred of Ward. Even he bailed on End Times because he deemed it too gay. Aside from Newcrons, of course. He will never be forgiven for that retcon.

Age of Sigmar was brought about by several factors. WHFB was very costly to get into due to the huge sizes of armies, and it accounted for a small fraction of GW's revenue. Granted, AoS is irredeemable shit, but GW played the hand they were dealt.

It pains me to see anyone recommending Black Library for anything, after their colossal fucking up of the Horus Heresy. In an effort to not go full Khornate, I'll just say this. Graham McNiell wrote the short story The Last Church, in which the Emperor was shown to be a card carrying fedora lord and asswipe in general, very much resembling the most cringey antitheist imaginable. Later, McNiell had his Tales of Heresy, the omnibus in which The Last Church appeared, signed by none other than Richard Dawkins. That made everything very clear. The Emperor wasn't deliberately shown to be a fucktard (in this particular story); rather, the author simply expounded on his own religious views by proxy.

Some have requested reading material. My take on this is avoid novels and look at some comprehensive background books.
    https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!pRBAzRIS
    In 40000 => Background
    The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer, Damocles Gulf Edition is a classic, portraying the propaganda fed to the Guard and some of its darker aspects.
    Xenology has a great overarching story and provides (now partially retconned) biological information on Xenos.
    The Redeemer is a very nice if very campy comic tie in to Necromunda.
    In Common Chaos
    The Liber Chaotica is a masterwork of design that GW has never duplicated, and the seminal, authoritative work on the nature of the Dark Gods.
    Slaves to Darkness provides the best exposition yet on Khorne and Slaanesh.
    The Lost and the Damned, while not as detailed as the above, is its equivalent with regard to Nurgle and Tzeentch.
    The above Chaos books are principally set in WHFB, but this being Chaos, that doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  7. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Chaos Lord of the Lunar Exterminators
    Home Page:
    So let's talk about this. What kind of Chaos Legions would any of you guys be represented.

8. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    Dark Eldar pirates. They come screaming outta the webway, rip shit apart, kidnap slaves and run back into the shadows. Plus most of the models look like a cross between a washed up goth metal band and extras from the "Road Warrior."

9. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    Though I guess technically they're not chaos, cuz of the whole slaanesh thing.

10. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    I'm specifically talking about the Traitor Astartes who betrayed the Emperor.

11. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Probably Word Bearers.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Quality Shoop Quality Shoop x 2
    • List
  12. GeneralFaggotry

GeneralFaggotry
    Expand Collapse
    Does absolutely nothing

Jedi ghost
    Sweet fucking shit. As if shitting on the Horus Heresy wasn't bad enough but using the story and characters as a soapbox for his politics? Pure fucking heresy. I always thought him being a pretentious asswipe was just a literary choice. Aw well, not like it matters now. The franchise has been dead to me for years.
    [​IMG]

13. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Fifth edition was the death knell. Everything before that was all that is good and true from 40k.

14. Penis Pump

Penis Pump
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

The artist should've rescaled that monolith.

[​IMG]

seriously.

15. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

For the most part it is, from what I gather. What wasn't a literary choice was Emps being portrayed like this.

[​IMG]
    And that brings me back to my profoundly excessive sodium content re: the Horus Heresy series. One of my bigger issues with it is the way it can't shit on the Emperor quickly enough. In the book Vengeful Spirit (so I'm told, as I'm not reading that horse shit) it is revealed that the Emperor gained his godlike abilities by "cutting a deal" with the Ruinous Powers, and then bailing when it was time for him to repay his debts. Not only is this the most fucking ignorant, contrived plot point ever, it completely invalidates all the fluff ever about him. From the beginning of 40k, he was the only entity that the Dark Gods truly feared, and on and on. I'm raging just summarizing it.

Needless to say I've always been an Emps fanboy.

[​IMG]

• Feels Feels x 4
    • List
  16. leecher

leecher
    Expand Collapse
    ESL

This book isn't in horus vision?

17. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

See, I thought it had to be something like this, but everyone I asked said that this take on the event was the real deal.

Granted, that may not be the case, as the people I asked tend to be a bit on the fucktard side. It's possible things unfolded as you say, and I would really like to believe that, but so far all evidence says otherwise.

I'm going to try to see what I can come up with. If all else fails, I guess I could... read the book. It's unlikely, but I may just read it out of spite.

18. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    You've always wanted to suck E-Money's dick, don't you VX?

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  19. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

That opening in the Monolith contains a portal, most likely connected to a crypt inside a Tomb World.

20. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

You're damn right I do.

As I recall, you're dream was to have daemons run a train on you.

[​IMG]

• Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. Rodion

Rodion
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I have heard about this rumor from two perspectives but i think it is clear that it's in regards to the creation of all the 20 primarchs instead of the source of his actual original powers, which are just by products his psychic nature & research. The origins of these semi god like 20 primarchs are purposefully ambiguous and the power is allegedly described by a demon and Magnus on a different occasion as either stolen from chaos knowledge/sorcery or made in a deal with chaos like you said.

The best part about the lore is that it is intentionally two sided because you can't fully believe the demon who was manipulating someone or Magnus who is deemed a traitor. But I think even if it is true, this adds a layer of depth to the Emperor as not a God but a symbol of how Icarus figures in IRL history lead man too close to the sun.

• Autism Autism x 1
    • List
  22. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    Don't you have a domination fetish for Sisters of Battle? We all know you want a Cannoness to ball bust you, well assuming if you actually have a pair.

23. UncleSchomo

UncleSchomo
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Which is ironic because Matt Ward made it gay for the most part. WHFB was costly, but the problem was most of the models/troops sucked. Like I said, if you didn't go shooty (or used some Fuck-off hero in 8th Edition), you weren't allowed to have any fun in Fantasy, which is supposed to be about armies, not medieval 40k. You're kind of right that they didn't have a choice because Fantasy was becoming a bigger fuck up with each edition (It wouldn't have happened if they didn't take 40k months to update armies, and bothered to update the armies they neglected like Bretonnians).

Death Guard/Thousand Suns or some daemon under Nurgle/Tzeentch (cuz Fuck you Lord of Change is awesome).

[​IMG]

• Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  24. Warpdust Addict

Warpdust Addict
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Home Page:
    Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion, and or Word Bearers are my go to Chaos Legions.

25. Penis Pump

Penis Pump
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Does that mean that the opening of that car contains a portal, most likely connected to makeup prep mirror places etc. inside a circus tent?

26. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Sisters Repentia are delicious. The best part is you don't need to convince them that they want to be hurt.

[​IMG]

27. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I can hope it's not entirely truthful, but even if a kernel of it was, it still invalidates his existing fluff. Now, it's being said that the Emperor fears Chaos, because having stolen/bargained with it, he is especially vulnerable to it. This isn't the Emps of old, who "protects" mankind from the predations of Chaos by force of will.

28. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I never played WHFB, but I do recall that people could get pretty salty when someone would bring a shooty Dwarf / Skaven army to the table.

Bretonnian cavalry was certainly powerful, but they were among the most neglected armies, their last armybook being for 6th edition.

Tzeentch is definitely my favorite Dark God. Not many people get past Nurgle's tendency of hanging entrails and the like, but I definitely like him better than Khorne and Slaanesh. He's definitely unique, if nothing else.

29. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

I neglected to mention Iron Warriors along with Word Bearers. I say Undivided legions are best, even if only WB and Black Legions actually operate as legions.

What draws you to Alpha? Never really cared for them myself.

30. VX

VX
    Expand Collapse
    Mors Regis

Warriors should only be half as tall as the portal exit, so it isn't terribly far off.