Diablo III

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Dec 10, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Get it or not?

I probably won't i remember Warcraft II on the PS1 and it was a great game, and then Warcraft became this RPG that has no end, has no apparent plot, you just fuck around non stop.
    and Diablo III NO THANKS, it's been like fucking 11 years, and Blizzard has become a purveyor of ABSOLUTE SHIT when you really look at it, their games are designed to just be addictive and pointless and something you cannot put decent time into without becoming a complete fat tubby milky complexion basement dweller.

Have you ever watched somebody PLAY World of Warcraft? it's BORING, it's probably even more boring than playing it, and if it's like Runescape say no more, i ditched that turd long ago..

Anyway, the thing that worried me personally with Diablo III is that it's plot will take a backside to OMGWOWGRINDFESTMULTIPLAYERORGYBUMFUCKINGEACHOTHER
    But then again i am not worried because i do not give a shit.
    but i am concerned that since i finished Diablo and when i play and finish Diablo II and then the expansion packs, i will be left wanting more due to the cliffhanger then get real angry and fucking pissed at Diablo III being a load of modern age videogame failure.. you know, like all reboot games.

Got concerns or opinions on the new upcoming game? voice them.

I like old games.
    I hate new games.
    I especially hate new games that try to pickup the fame of the old and do not put the time or effort into making them actually worth playing. (Duke Nukem Forever)

2. Fumo161

Fumo161
    Expand Collapse
    Faggot

Rent it.

Wait is it PC game?

LULZ~

3. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Might be, probably gonna get ported to Shitbox and Wankstation
    PC gaming has died out severely because of pirating shits, and Console gaming as been dying because well, console manufacturers are fuckheads.

inb4 PerpA calls me a nostalgia faggot.
    So what if i got Nostalgia? i still enjoyed new things, but things are just getting worse and worse, and it's gotten to the point where they are trying to use memes to make a game sell, because after all, 4chan meme's is a good substitute for original creativity no.

4. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    God DAMMIT, that inb4 really smarts, but you are.

Although I put forward DIII as my game of the year candidate to piss off electricyiff, I probably won't play it. for some reason the topdown genre really hasn't handled the transition to 3D graphics smoothly, when I see a 3d character all the way down there, I'm like "c'mon, zoom in, lets go over the shoulder into 3rd person, this camera angle is absurd. I don't like the look, and although I played a ton of DII, I don't htink I'll pick up d3. I also don't like the realmoney AH.

I will be playing The Old Republic anyway, and laughing at blizzard's "please don't play TOR" buy a year of wow and get DIII free package.

5. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone's Favorite Evil Bitch

Faggot Police
    While TOR looks really, really good, I will probably not get it, I'm not much into pay-monthly MMOs. I never understood why people would pay $49.99 for a game, and then go on to pay $20 a month to continue to play it. Even if TOR is what it says it is (probably), it wouldn't be worth all that extra money to me. I picked up DCU recently only because it was free. (Still kinda sucks.)

On topic, I will be getting DIII. Electric, you're acting like Blizzard hadn't just released a game that was a long time in the making - have you played Starcraft II? I bought it at midnight and played it, and while I haven't played it as much as I did SCI and BW, I'm still going to buy HotS, and the Protoss expansion after that, which is what I'm really waiting for. DIII won't be exactly the same as DII (which it doesn't even look like you've played yet...??), but that's probably for the best. Nothing can be exactly the same as it's predecessors, or it would be extremely boring. Sure, I don't really like the WOW-esque graphics, but having never played WOW I won't be too put out.

Playing old games might be fun for old times' sake, but sometimes you have to move on. If you don't want to, go right ahead and play your old shitty games, I'll be busy enjoying the good new releases.

As much as I would like it not to be a console release as well, I'm pretty sure they're going to port it anyway. Sad times when a Diablo game goes to a console.

6. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    you sound like such a bronzie.

7. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse

Faggot Police
    Yeah, I am. :( I know I suck at SCII, but I don't really play it for the ladder rankings. It's fun to watch the pros go at it though.

8. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Sigh, seriously master a single build and you'll at least get to silver. Its gotten alot tougher as time has gone on though. Silver means "I understand unit mechanics and builds quite well, but my macro and decision making is not sound, and my timings aren't crisp". Where it used to mean "I barely understand the game" .

9. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Stopped reading there, and disregarded everything else.
    You can expect Diablo III trying to add shit to be like Fable and Skyrim when it comes out, just like how Duke Nukem threw away fun in favor of "realism" such as only carrying 2 weapons, cover based shooting! and all the other things that Yahtzee fag complains about every week on his show regarding Shooters.

10. Sublime

Sublime
    Expand Collapse

Faggot Police
    They may add stuff but I'm still going to get it, midnight too probably. Once it's out, we can compare how shitty it really is, or isn't. Hell, if only I could get into the beta I'd be able to share that, but I can't.

11. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It will have MLP in it.

12. polyonymous

polyonymous
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

d3 is rly different

auto stats allocation, no skill points

[quote="ElectricDiareah, post: 147009"
    Anyway, the thing that worried me personally with Diablo III is that it's plot will take a backside to OMGWOWGRINDFESTMULTIPLAYERORGYBUMFUCKINGEACHOTHER
    [/quote]

lol will? already happened. worldstone retcon and some other shit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OVcq1bjZNQ

13. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It's nice that Tristram will make an appearance again, but it probably won't look like Tristram, and there's no point.
    Everybody except Cain and Andria DIED in D2
    it was a shame, because keeping old characters is a good dropping stone for sequels.