Department for the Strategic Assessment of Industry and Resources

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Dr. Rice, Aug 16, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    This is one of my major economic ideas regarding me creating my political ideology Pascism.

Democracy is an obstacle to governance. When the people have direct power over every aspect of their lives, they will often support their own interests which only are beneficial short term and are likely to not support long term interests if they hurt their short term interests. An example of this is people are unwilling to have tax increases so they decide to vote for politicians who slash educational budgets to save money on the budget. Stupid things like this in the long run with a population of 300 million plus can destabilize the nation. Something we are all too well aware of given the recent deficit crisis that happened in Congress.

This instability is clearly problematic to the United State's continued survival. Competing economic interests as well as interests of businessmen can hurt long term economic objectives and independence of not only our country, but any country. For a nation that likes to pride itself about being a leader in capitalistic ideals, we seem to forget all too quickly what happens to losers in capitalism.

So there needs to be a counter to this instability and other economic problems and variables. The geopolitical arena is simply getting too competitive for America to not take serious efforts to ensure economic independence through intervention at various levels into businesses and industries.

This is where the Department for the Strategic Assessment of Industry and Resources (DSAIR) comes in. The objective of DSAIR is to research, study, invest, and influence specific areas of interest in economic sectors within the United States. This government oversight is not regulatory in nature, but more like a semi-independent think tank that works as an economic consultant and investor with the budget of the United States government. Besides serving a role in the United States, it also serves a role outside the United States as economic spies as well as investing in other economic assets in other countries.

To think the security of a nation simply depends on the number of weapons and men with guns is no longer possible. In order to afford all these things, a strong treasury is needed and that is built on the back of a strong economy. DSAIR makes sure that a strong economy is created, developed, and stabilized in a competitive multi-polar economy.

2. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
  3. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    I say that in any geopolitical situation, every candidate is given an equal amount of money for campaigning. This includes advertising and public addresses, thusly, majority parties like the Republicans and Democrats do not overshadow other ACTUALLY CAPABLE candidates with their drama.

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Not that I disagree with your statement on campaign finance reform (something that is desperately needed, but I do believe corporations are people though), but your statement is hardly relevant to this thread.

5. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    >So there needs to be a counter to this instability and other economic problems and variables. The geopolitical arena is simply getting too competitive for America to not take serious efforts to ensure economic independence through intervention at various levels into businesses and industries.

I believe this is enough evidence to illustrate that my statement indeed has relevance. It's the fact that the geopolitical system literally has a monopoly on the field of political strife. It's like the Republicans and Democrats have nuclear powered mech suits, while any other useful candidate is trying to down it with pointed sticks. And believe me, we'll need a lot more sticks.

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Alright, I see your point now, you just didn't really link it in. I do agree with you. It is like how no one covered Ron Paul at the Iowa straw poll despite he being a large player. Even after he came in second place, the media continued to ignore him. I don't believe this is simply a Republican and Democrat party problem, it is a systematic problem that can only be dealt with via a through purging of the people in power. Giving "other" candidates more power won't help because in the end, those in power will work to make sure for every step the other guys take, those in power will add another 2 stones to the path.

7. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Understandable... The base of the problem then is the major news outlets, would you agree?

8. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    No, to say that any single source is the problem is ignoring the other factors: the politicians, the media outlets, lobbyists, and the role money plays.

9. SuperSpecialSuperStar

SuperSpecialSuperStar
    Expand Collapse
    2011 Faggot of the Year

Frog Mercenary
    Home Page:
    your penis is still 2 inches

10. Lucila

Lucila
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Is whore an occupation?
    Home Page:
    I have the sudden urge to take out pen and paper and make notes.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    While to Americans this may be news, to the rest of humanity it's not.

12. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    What other countries do this?

13. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Use common sense? All the emerging superpowers. Russia, Iran, India, China, Brazil, et cetera.

14. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    That really isn't evidence The Member Formerly Known As Baya and you know that. You also know just because something IS common sense that doesn't mean it is practiced.

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Research Rothbardian economics. What most people think capitalism is is actually Keynesian economics which is basically a series of Ponzi Schemes. It'll open your eyes.

16. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Don't be silly, I prefer when you are serious. But I will read the Rothbardian economics.

17. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    I'm still ok with Capitalism, after taxes and bills, I am still left with $700/month of spare cash, and that's including food.

18. Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

KYM rapefugee