Dead Space 3 EDF Review

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by KoalaRimjob, Feb 15, 2013.

1. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    [​IMG]

ellie in now a slut and you spend half the game fighting the ass on the right. The other half you spend doing stupid minigames to open locked doors and making alien fart noises to open alien doors;

Oh and the moon is a giant alien that tries to eat you in the end .

5$ says they do a halo 3 and the grease monkey is still alive.

2. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Founder of DA- Delicacies
    Home Page:
    Of course they would eventually make the female character look like a slut.
    Just like how Bioware spent more time making all of your female squadmates DD cup sizes and Ashley a Miranda 2.0 makeover instead of fixing their buggy gameplay and plot holes.

I knew there was something fishy about the reviews with Dead Space 3. I don't know what to make of the official reviews.
    You have one half that gave the game perfect, or near perfect scores, while the other side gave the game a decent or below average rating. Clearly EA is paying some serious money here.
    However based on most of the hardcore fans of the series, this game is filled with more action and shooting then you can shake a stick at, and has essentially lost the vibe of Dead Space in general.
    I can't wait for this game to miss the 5 million sales mark, and completely drop off the radar.

Eat shit EA.

3. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    watch til after the credits...
    also people who give it good reviews are actiony halo fanboys who like moar halo shit(fuck you cover shooting bullshit! i fucking run at shit like a fucking man!)
    the ones giving it bad reviews are survival horror fans who didn't find it SCARY, IT WAS FUCKING NOT SCARY AT ALL.
    after the 10000th necromorph jumping out of vents it got boring, but i wanted to finish it, and the ending was pretty fucking good.
    also the fight with the awakened necromorph was pretty lulzy when it ate isaac, he became a fucking ulcer and it spit him back out.
    like the other games you pretty much have to reply on the B key to get around since every fucking room looks nearly the same.

doing the side missions and main mission took me nearly 20 hours, it was a pretty fucking long game, which is damn good considering single player campaigns are like 6 hours on most games like that.
    weapons were cool but i ended up using one weapon...assualt rifle missile launcher combo.

fucking made the ripper worthless, and it was the most fun.

4. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    The wave of fucking idiots that defend this game is astounding.
    I never thought I would hear comments defending this game that stated that a third installment in a Survival Horror franchise doesn't need to be a survival horror game. Which is the whole fucking reason why people played it in the first place. Because it's a Survival Horror game.
    That's like saying if Zelda's next game were to be a shooter instead of an RPG, then people shouldn't complain because a game about a specific genre doesn't have to follow that genre at all, yet still claim to be part of that genre.

The amount of sheep that will ass kiss EA is fucking astounding. Pretty sure these are the same people who are the new Bioware fans now. Since their social network has either been increasingly cynical by the true fans there, or horribly stupid. With comments you would expect to see on Youtube comments and Neopet forum boards.

5. Helix

Helix
    Expand Collapse
    resident stoner

College, mang
    Home Page:
    DS 3 is shit, I don't even have to play it to see that. As this particular series got more popular, they felt the need to drift away from the original genre to generic action bullshit, for god knows why. The game would have been better off going back to the original formula.

6. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    ^ Hopefully bioshock infinite wont suck for the same reason

7. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I hope too, though their pre-order offers on Steam (pls buy our game we give u free candies) and the rather lack of revelant gameplay videos worry me a bit.

Would still play because I'm a sucker of its artstyle & architecture anyway.

8. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/22273...ffs-montreal-branch-could-be-shut-down-by-ea/

>developer given the creative freedom to create a game the way they want
    >game is successful and creates a new franchise for the publisher
    >publisher begins to interfere with the creative process more and more and mandates developer needs to change their game to a different genre so it will have more broad appeal
    >game bombs

Obviously this is the developers fault and they all deserve to lose their jobs.

RIP Dead Space

9. UnholyMinion

UnholyMinion
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

LOL @ people who think Dead Space was ever survival horror.

10. minty

minty
    Expand Collapse
    toymaker

11. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    i don't seen why it would, it isn't bioshock 3 and it was made by the people who made the first game rather than the second.
    i liked both but the second game did feel sameish, but i think that is because it takes place in rapture and human nature makes people pretty much do the exact same thing as the other guys they hated.

i like the concept of shit being pulled through reality from the future, the hook system thing is cool too. not sure about the tonics and shit, or being limited like that, but then again you could only use a few plasmids at a time anyway.

12. demongoat

demongoat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Philosopher Goat
    lol well yeah, i can't say i never thought of it as survival horror, silent hill is survival horror, alan wake is survival horror, sorta.
    i'm not sure what dead space is, there was really no "survival" involved since the fucking necromorphs were ammo pinatas.
    "oh running low on ammo, where's a necromorph to punch in the face?"

i guess it is a horror tps, like fear or silent hill 6. silent hill 6 was shit.

13. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    In the first two games according to fans, you had the ability to use weapons and all that, but ammo was so scarce throughout that it was much better to simply shoot them in the legs and make a run for it, as opposed to wasting bullets in the thing until it drops.
    Also health bars were at a bare minimum too.
    You found yourself checking to see your supplies to see how fucked your going to be in a few seconds when you go down the next corridor.
    With DS3, you have so much health and ammo, an 8 year old can blow through the game in a couple of days.

14. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    You'd be surprised how much influence a publisher can have over the dev team on what they can or cannot do whether they like it or not.

15. 1H4T3NUMB3R5

1H4T3NUMB3R5
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Snek
    It was ok... more frustrating that scary if you played on higher difficulties without getting weapons first.
    And retro mode blows and isn't worth the hardcore playthrough. over all, the multiplayer mode in dead space 2 was scarier

16. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Either the publisher or the feminists (They asked to change the design of Elizabeth lately, from what I've heard. Pretty much the same people who complain about the gruesome deaths of Lara Croft in the latest Tomb Raider)

17. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    People are upset about the design of Elizabeth because she went from a design that was reasonable for the environment and job field to another big boob eye candy.
    You wouldn't like it if Isaac's design in DS3 was half open shirt macho guy would you?

18. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

go back to tumbler cunt.

19. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

The comparaison is not even close and revelant (especially that feminists actually don't care about gender equality, in medias or else). We're talking about a sudden change of a design, that sticked for 2-3 years before, because some people were just stupidly upset that she had some curves and a pretty face to the point they asked harassed the devs to change that.

Not like this is going to stop me playing and appreciating everything in the game anyway, but letting people (specifically feminists), who are no part of the studio, having whatever control over the developement of the game, shouldn't be allowed imo.

20. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    The Patricia Hernandez era has just begun @Rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Petit Crouton

Petit Crouton
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I don't know if that last screenshot is more recent than the gameplay video I watched. But yeah, they seriously toned down everything on Elizabeth (her face has gone weird or it is just me?), just to please a bunch of misogynistic feminists.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Real professional, Ken.

and he thinks he can also stop the r34 on this game. haha

22. pigeonhole

pigeonhole
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    I don't know about the whole curves and pretty face thing people have an issue with.
    All videogame characters are designed to be attractive unless the story calls for otherwise.
    My issue with design usually comes forth when it makes no real sense in the first place. Like a General is riding around topless with only shoulder pads, even though he fights dragons and demons for a living.

Or a group of people are living in a dangerous warzone like environment and all the chicks decide the best attire is to wear clothes you would take to a club to get laid.
    Or in some cases a character that had a decent or conservative design, and then all of a sudden boob line blouse, tight guido shirt(or no shirt), and booty shorts.
    It takes me out of the immersion. However I wouldn't go so far as to force the developers to change it.

23. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Are you fucking illiterate?

GO.BACK.TO.TUMBLER.CUNT.