Dawnguard

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by JEWG0LDS, Jun 28, 2012.

1. JEWG0LDS

JEWG0LDS
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I am a proud breeder of Kosher Rape-Spiders
    Home Page:
    Skyrim's 1st DLC "Dawnguard" was recently released (though only on the xbawks coz Microsoft pulled some dirty jew tactics, bribing Bethesda to hold back PS3 & PC release for a minimum of 30days - faggots!)
    Has anyone downloaded this yet? I wanna know if it lives up to the hype & is worth a purchase (ie is it as good as 'Shivering Isles' was?)
    Also, what faction are you fine citizens of EDF moar tempted by - Dawnguard or Vampire Lord?
    dg2.JPG
    "Twilight" fans & otherkin retards have pretty much fagged-up & ruined vampires for me so im going with the Dawnguard (& get me an crossbow!)

2. Tombstone

Tombstone
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

The Dawnguard faction is really, really cool. Fort Dawnguard is pretty impressive too. Joined them rather than the Vampire people (Don't like transforming if I can avoid it).

For me, the initial impression is that it's not as good as SI, but probably better than Knights of the Nine.

3. JEWG0LDS

JEWG0LDS
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    Hey Tombstone thanks for info:)

Not counting the "Soul Cairn" Oblivion realm (Battlespire anyone?) do you know if you get a new landmass to explore (al la Shivering Isles?) or does it just add the new strongholds to the existing Skyrim map? (like Kot9 did)

4. Tombstone

Tombstone
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

No problem :)

As far as I'm aware (I've got a couple of hours in on it) there's no other places that you get to go to, apart from the Soul Cairn place. However where Fort Dawnguard is, I don't know if you could get to where it would be before the DLC became available.

5. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard
    How much it cost?

6. JEWG0LDS

JEWG0LDS
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Home Page:
    Shame- I was hoping for Solstheim or something like that. Im still gonna get it though.
    Had another question while I remember- is there any funky new books?
    (I like all the crazy lore & stories & shit you find in Elder Scrolls games.)

7. Tombstone

Tombstone
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Actually having played some more there are new caves with Vampire-y stuff in them, that are relevant to the quest line of course. And yes, there are! Well, I think there are. In some of the Dawnguard areas I found books I hadn't seen before, and I'm sure I've read all of them, I've got bookshelves full of everything :D

And @Khanzer, it's 1600MS points, which is about thirteen and a half quid, or about 20 dollars.

8. Lloyd

Lloyd
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah, crossing my fingers for cool new books, too. I've spent hours reading the books in Skyrim, just like I did in all other TES games (Morrowind has them all beat on the book front).

It's probably not going to be as good as Shivering Isles, which IMO was the best thing about Oblivion. I mean, that was a legit add-on, real value for your money and off the beaten path story-wise.

Also nice to see someone else has played Battlespire. It sucked, but still.

9. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon
    Expand Collapse
    EDF's anal hookworm

cockless
    Pissed off that the consolefags get it first.

10. Aroukar

Aroukar
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Professor emeritus
    The vampire leader, is a shameless Dracula stand-in.

11. Heskett

Heskett
    Expand Collapse
    Boyvinyl

Fellatio Aficionado
    I'm just glad that being a vampire has gone from being super lame/pointless to incredibly OP/fun.

12. Tombstone

Tombstone
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Finding 25 Soul Husks for some ghost tradesman takes the piss. Worse than finding crimson Nirnroot.

13. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    This thread is now closed, because the only people who can possibly discuss it are fucking xbox owners. Anyone continuing to post in this thread WILL be banned, and no, this is not a joke.

14. Khanzer

Khanzer
    Expand Collapse
    EDF official mascot

Wizard