Cumming Synths - Quality Electronic Mixes

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Ktastic, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Ktastic

Ktastic
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Shoop
    So I listen to a lot of long electronica mixes from various artists/subgenres and figured I'd start compiling some sort of online repository of my searches, partly so I have a place to find this shit again if I'm ever on another computer or something horrible happens to my own, partly so I can share the fruits of my efforts. Because I love you all so damn much.

Anyways, so most of these are going to be Essential Mixes (the BBC radio 1 show) cause that's where I tend to find the best ones. I'm also going to try to add descriptions or other interesting details about the particular mixes as I can think of them or just get around to adding to this post. Genre descriptions should be taken with a grain of salt, since besides not giving that much of a fuck, most of these mixes really dip into a lot of pots.

Essential Mixes:
    Adam Freeland (YT) - This dude mixes in so many styles its like one big delicious multicultural cake. Probably a contender for mix of the year if Fly Lo didn't do his mix later that year. Audio journey status for sure.
    Crookers - Dance, house, techno, hip hop-ish, spastic with some hot mashup lovin. One of my favorite outros besides Subfocus, even if that fuck Pete Tong talks over the last minute of it. Lets go get fucked up in Italy. <3
    Flying Lotus (YT) - Very experimental with a lot of hip hop influence. This is the dude who is known for a lot of the really awesome music behind the Adult Swim bumps (ie: Massage Situation). If you are an impatient fuck, skip to 9:00 for the good stuff to start. Essential mix of the year.
    Hudson Mohawke - Experimental with hip hop/underground rap influence, although different from Flying Lotus in that his mix is more upbeat. There's also a certain weird zanyness to his style that goes a bit above and beyond.
    Mstrkrft (YT) - Closest to Dance/House/Funk. Very upbeat/rapid pace. A lot of other genres are sporadically mixed in at random points, like sprinkles.
    Noisia (YT) - Dark and heavy drum and bass mix. Youtube link sucks on this one, poor quality. Branches out into other styles a bit more than Subfocus and keeps a slower tempo overall.
    Pendulum 2005, Pendulum 2010 - Prone to causing heart attacks. Both of these are awesome and very different mixes, the second featuring a lot off the Immersion album. I can't find a good link for an mp3 of the 2005 mix, but if anybody wants it bad enough, I have a copy I downloaded a while back I can find a way of sending.
    Subfocus (YT) - Fucking awesome primarily drum and bass set. Epic quality. Mostly high pace, very heavy and quick bpm, with some more mellow dips scattered about. The last 10 minutes takes a special turn.

Other Mixes:
    Amon Tobin @ Marry Anne Hobbs (Feb, 2007) (YT) - Trip fest adventure. Slow and mellow experimental. The YouTube version is sped up slightly prob from an encoding error.
    Daft Punk Alive! - This is fucking history. Like Stonehenge, the British empire covering the known world or the burning of Alexandria, there was this one day, when a couple of french dudes in robot suits blew fucking minds. Definitely one of the best things ever printed onto a compact disc.
    Dieselboy's Human Resource mixed by Evol Intent - Dieselboy ... Dieselboy ...

Thats it for now, enjoy. I'll come back later on to add more as I still have a bunch of these.

2. snaggletoof

snaggletoof
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Artfag / Musician / Blogger / Activist / Vegan
    ruckazoid