cthulhu in my oceans?!

Discussion in 'Science & Technology' started by Radha the Buttwhisperer, May 16, 2018.

1. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse
    Boxer by day. Boxerless at night.

Future President of the Internet

2. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

Uranus

• I Agree I Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  3. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Lot's of if's.

Only really large dense chunks of meteors make it through the atmosphere.

The point of which is creationism is and has been long been scoffed at, due to MUY EVOLUTION!!!
    To which the creationist say the theory of evolution, as stated by Darwin himself in Origin of Species, "if there is any flaw in the theory the whole thing is bunk." It's in the Forward/Introduction.

So now that evolution is inadequate, we are looking to distant alien origins. That is actually being hypothesized and accepted while the mechanics of which make it an impossibility are outright ignored.

Is it just me or are we no closer than when that ol time Jew @Rodion 's great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great great, great, granddaddy "explained" why we are here in his World conquering manifesto. Only to lose to Jesus. Take that.

It's as if we are looking at the result and desperately trying to theorize the cause, which is impossible. Our basis of which has largely been, "wow we found this skeleton, fossil, etc., and it's older than anything else so therefore it has to be the bebe daddy/momma. To which doesn't make any sense because if you found the fossilized skeleton of either a zebra or horse first it would greatly change the "evolution" of the horse, or horse like animal, but both split off from the same trunk at about the same time. How do we know such animals weren't competing species as they are now.

tl;dr
    No I'm not arguing for creationism, just seems weird that a new theory has popped up to support, or plug evolution's obvious plot holes.

• Tl;dr Tl;dr x 1
    • wut wut x 1
    • List
  4. Morbidorable

Morbidorable
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

antisocialite
    Home Page:
    doesn't p.much any study of the past comes down to that eventually

5. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide
    Cephalopods being of extraterrestrial origin is a neat theory, except for it being utter rubbish.
    If they were indeed so, then you'd expect marked differences in the genetic base. Instead we observe that cephalopods share features and genetic traits with other molluscs, including the basic genetic structure common to all terrestrial life, as well as common cell structures.

6. Morbidorable

Morbidorable
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

antisocialite
    Home Page:
    what they should be looking for is factors that could have accelerated cephalopod evolution so dramatically
    instead they're betting on this far-out near-zero-probability bullshit because muh aleyums make a convenient handwave/clickbait combo

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    obsolete mule

I don't know much about scientist mumbo-jumbo but what I do know for a fact is that God placed octopuses on this planet with a purpose just like every other living creature.

Proof

[​IMG]

• I Fapped I Fapped x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • I Agree I Agree x 2
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  8. Lovecraft

Lovecraft
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Converting oxygen into carbon dioxide
    Mass extinction event.
    Opens up plenty of biological niches ripe for exploitation.
    Mammals were fortunate enough to be in the right place 65 million years ago, man was ready at the end of the ice age. Same thing has happened before, and will most certainly happen again.

9. Morbidorable

Morbidorable
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

antisocialite
    Home Page:
    see there you go
    could that even Get any more plausible

but mass extinction is so passe
    can't sell it to people who don't give a shit about science in the first place

• List
  10. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse
    Sexually Delinquent, Permanently Sleepless

minty's bff4lyfe
    The Lord works in mysterious, tentacle-tastic ways :)
    I will come back with a better reply anon.

11. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Of course people are doing research on real shit. With the number of things that have been discovered by accident in history, however, we can't discount the possibility that fringe weirdos are gonna luck out on something they didn't expect. It's unscientific not to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks.

12. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    Soooo...
    Yeah the entire journal article could be taken as a sorta clickbaitish feature with ''muh space octopi' buuut.. there's a valid point to drawing in normies to this fringe belief that interstellar life influenced the evolution of life on Earth.

We already know that mass extinction events preceeding the explosion of mammals becoming the dominant lifeform on Earth could have been caused by a meteor slamming down. The paper claims that it wants to open up a dialouge within the scientific community regarding the possibilty of panspermia, a theory that's been around since the 1870s, and the whole notion of cosmic biology was given body and form in the Hoyle-Wickramasinghe (H-W) thesis of Cometary (Cosmic) Biology.

The paper talks about Pasteur's experiments in proving that life can only come from a pre-existing source (“Omne vivum ex vivo” or “All life comes from life”) and doesn't just pop into existence. Known fact that's been proven time and time again. Also it says:
    So @Groyper Supreme your statement of this just being modern science trying to make excuses for holes in Evolution's theory is partially correct.

But that's how new theories develop, by challenging old ones, with questions, and proven data that supports those questions.

Is it possible this paper is a load of horseshit? Sure. But if u don't ask the questions, you can't ever find the answers.

And no matter where they came from, thanks to Japan, we know where the squids go.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  13. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

But the challenges have to have actual merit. I mean I could challenge the K+ ion theory with pixie dust but that challenge would be of course challenged and picked apart for having no real evidence, and or it's totally fictitious. I hope you see the parallel I'm drawing here.

• List
  14. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    I agree, you can't just propose an alternative opinion regarding scientific theory without something backing it up. However, in this case, I think they are attempting to back it up.

@AbeWallard mentioned how what we know of as the current squids/octopi are descended from the ancient mollusk. And according to what we know of concerning evolution and necessary adaptations, alot of different things influence the evolving of organisms. So, maybe a whole squid thingy didn't fall from the sky like old ones' bukkake. What the article is suggesting is that the viruses and microbes that could have come from other planets led to why we have squids on one hand, and mollusks on the other. The influence of that microbial or viral life led to the shifting for some but not all.

Again, real evidence, not completely, but we are starting to see pieces of a puzzle come together here. Life was influenced, but how we have yet to decipher.

and now:
    [​IMG]

Cuz i googled this and can't unsee it, and now you all have to see it too.

Irl tentacle lovin. Why google octopus sex? Why not.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  15. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Now I know the origins of tentacle rape. It is real.

16. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    yeah well I realized as I was doing yard work today that when I eat my pulpo tentacle salad from the Puerto Rican food place, i'm eating octodick.
    Idk how i feel about that.

• List
  17. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

So you'll blow a mollusk eh?

18. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    : Only if it came drenched in lime juice and chilis. And were served up by a lil Latin lady who yells in broken spanglish at her granddaughter for burning the pastelillos while she's busy snapchatting.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Groyper Supreme

Groyper Supreme
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

OK. So you just haven had the right conditions for a human. I see.

20. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    I have standards now. Beyond "Has pulse and most of their own teeth."

Now I want them to be open to the idea of exoplanetary origins. And know where I can get some banging BBQ.

21. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Holy shit, I always wondered what that part was for, never thought it was an octopussy.

• List
  22. AbeWallard

AbeWallard
    Expand Collapse
    Boxer by day. Boxerless at night.

Future President of the Internet
    All I know is that snails, bivalves, and cephalopods are somehow related because they have tongues with teeth, multiple nervous systems, and have shells (squids and cuttlefish have an inner shell, while the nautilus is essentially the closest thing we have to the ancient mollusks thought to be their predecessors; the octopus' evolution rendered their respective shells completely inexistent). Overall from my POV cephalopods still look like they're not related to the rest of the mollusk family. I can buy into snails and oysters being related, but squids? Where did those loving tentacles come from?
    Yeah, they've been spooning gals for millions of years like the frat boys that they are. :cool: The day I find and get myself a male as a pet, I shall name him... Hancock.

Fun fact... well, sad really. Male octopuses and their fellow squids and cuttlefish bros die within months after mating. And although cephalopods can regenerate lost limbs, they cannot regenerate the sperm sack, thus rendering them both incels and eunuchs for life. :(

23. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    That's where the paper tried to answer the question too, why are cephalopods so different from the rest of their family, that exist in the same environment.

Could it be from the contact with a virus from outside our solar system that vastly altered their DNA?

Didn't know about the incel-lopuses :(...

Are they gonna go shoot up a school of tuna too?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    • List
  24. Mikemikev

Mikemikev
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

This is so dumb I can't even be bothered going through it.

• Nobody Cares Nobody Cares x 1
    • Butthurt Butthurt x 1
    • List
  25. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • wut wut x 1
    • List
  26. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    I wanna play hide n seek with an octopus...

http://abc7.com/pets-animals/ca-fish-market-owner-buys-70-pound-octopus-sets-it-free/3521782/

27. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    My character in Skyrim and/or Saints Row.

28. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    Ur fantasies are getting weirder n weirder Baya. I think you need more socialization. Talk to ur rabbi.

29. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

30. Radha the Buttwhisperer

Radha the Buttwhisperer
    Expand Collapse

minty's bff4lyfe
    Those are children getting off a bus for Hebrew school. Not JFK who was really a lizard ppl construct and has been dead for a very long time.
    Here I will use terms you can understand: [​IMG]
    Fiction vs reality.

Tags: