Cooking Mama's Sanity Slippage

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by HimeTakamura, Mar 9, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. HimeTakamura

HimeTakamura
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

waifu
    [​IMG]

AKA Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic. I started playing this about a week ago and it seems pretty clear to me that Mama has slowly been losing her grip on reality over the course of the past few games (probably with all the spin-offs: crafting, babysitting, camping, and gardening mama).

In the first game, most of the minigames and cooking steps were fairly straightforward and realistic. The only odd ones were things the producers obviously had to make more exciting (it's not very fun to just pick up toast our of the toaster, you have to have multiple slices flung at you from a T-shirt canon and be expected to catch them all).

Now, those were somewhat understandable. But even the most mundane tasks are now extremely complicated in the new installment. To peel a banana, you would expect to use the stylus to mimic the motions of peeling a banana. not so in this game. a banana slowly drops toward your open hand. When it's halfway in your hand, you grab it in a fist and shoot the bare banana out into the air. While making dried persimmons, you hang them up outside to dry out. Instead of simply dragging the persimmons to the rope, you are thrown the persimmons and expected to catch them with the rope. wut. The step right after that is pulling the strings up to protect the persimmons from being eaten by Mama's dog, Max. First of all, what dog eats persimmons? Secondly, why are you letting your fucking dog outside when you know you have food out there being prepared?

Overall, it's still a pretty good game, though not as realistic as its predecessors. I'd give it an 8/10.

2. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]