Content ID Justice

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Anoncat, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

If you haven't heard, recently Youtube has implimented various serious changes to their content ID system when it comes to gaming.

That means that Youtube income-dependent partners that do let's plays/reviews/interviews/etc for a living are going to have most if not all of their videos flagged for matching third party content. Although the video isn't taken down, these freeloaders won't be able to make a dime off said flagged videos, but instead the ad-revenue goes to the copyright holders of the claim.

Angry Joe and DSPGaming are the most notability effected by these changes and don't seem to be afraid of showing their true greedy colors on their channels and on twitter.

Seriously, he looks like he's about to cry at the end of this video.

Just the usual DSP retardation.

I am sure that I'm just skimming the surface of cancerous gaming whores getting their comeuppance, so feel free to add.

2. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

(_)_)::::::::::::::D~~~
    Let's see how this affects king of turbofaggots Pewdiepie :zcat:

3. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Actually from what I heard PDP is immune. Obviously because of popularity.

4. Arcticphoenix95

Arcticphoenix95
    Expand Collapse
    Secretary of Fast Food and Sexual Assault

McDonald's Human Meat Supplier
    Maybe this'll force those lazy fucks to get actual jobs.

5. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

If this is true.... this is so fucking ridiculous, I feel like I never want to visit youtube.com ever again. And subsequently any google site. This is... the epitome of greedy, cunty, backstabbing shit behavior. Everything we normally call jewish. Fuck those kind of people.

6. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

What these idiots don't know is that the content ID thing for the most part is just. Especially when it comes to the purchasable songs in the games. While the publishers paid the record holders for their songs to be in the game the guys who make let's plays/reviews on said games that are playing their music haven't.

And no, don't bring fair use into this, because it's like showing an entire movie that you don't own rights of but adding your commentary over it (and trying to earn ad-revenue off it on top of it).

7. Arcticphoenix95

Arcticphoenix95
    Expand Collapse

Moar faggots bitching about not being able to be leech off of other people's content.

8. Maysam

Maysam
    Expand Collapse
    Pilot

I really don't think so. No, I don't like any of those faggy letsplayers or reviewers except the Best Gamers.
    But by watching someone play the game, I don't play the game.
    Then the reviewer/player fags up any song with his talking and in reviews the songs mostly don't even play completely, only parts of it.

What is true though is that those fags make a profit by shitting up others creations with their fuckwit commentary.

Oh and given it is true, that greedy as fuck pewdiepie exception is still disgustingly jewish.

9. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Wait what? How does popularity effect whether or not content is within violation. This would be a good cleansing process IF everyone were to play by the same rules.

The biggest problem with Youtube is that it has been turned into a vehicle for people to make money with, which diluted the content pool with greedy assholes looking to make a quick buck instead of those who actually enjoy making videos for the fuck of it.

What we get is low quality, people with no talent or viable opinions acting like lunatics for cash-laced attention, and a bunch of shit adverts which practically forces Adblock on everyone.

It doesn't make any sense that a popular user would be granted immunity. They're indirectly saying to everyone, "Look, we don't care that you're using copyrighted content without permission, as long as you generate enough viewers to please our advertisers."

I hope Youtube gets crushed and another streaming site rises from the ashes, this is out of control.

10. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

A video from AlphaOmegaSin, even though he's not been effected either since he actually puts out "original" content ironically.

11. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Wow what a pretentious shithead. This is exactly what I'm talking about, people like him should not exist.

10:00
    "Do you want to see all these content creators just suddenly stop making stuff?"

As a matter of fact, I do. They all suck.

12. GloriousReader

GloriousReader
    Expand Collapse
    #CouchCrew2k15

Actual leader of the alt right
    Hopefully this will cause a mass self immolation protest between all the Lets play fags.

13. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

And another "original" unaffected tard who is profiting off this event, don't be fooled by the misleading title and thumbnail.

14. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    About time. This will dramatically improve jewtube's quality, no OC = no money, fair use = no money. This will help us see "pirating" on a whole different light.

15. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Exactly, it's like idiots these days can't fathom what "Fair Use" actually is. No matter how much fucking commentary you put over copyrighted content, it isn't fair use if you're earning profit off of it.

16. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    I love how they are trying to portray it as if the little man is getting stomped by the evul greedy Google corp machine, how about indie game developers who earn even less profit than the youtubers playing their games, fuck them, right?

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Nah that's bullshit, whether or not profit is being pulled is moot because it falls under journalism. Regardless, when did video game footage become copyrighted material? What's copyrighted in a video game is the code, video games =/= film.

Youtube knows this, which is why the more popular content creators are apparently getting a free pass. What they're doing is financially motivated. Probably because it's too much of a hassle for them to keep track of every dickhead they owe $6 to.

18. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    And "let's play" videos aside from being beyond lazy, they don't really help promote the game as much as they spoil it to the viewers, so people don't feel like buying them anymore, expecting to get paid for something like that is absurd.

Uploading any content from a third party's material without permission, including videogame footage, is copyright infringement, the legal owner gets to decide if they want his/her content removed. Youtube has been doing this for a while now, they just didn't made clear their position about paying their partners for it until now.

19. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

The internet has a backwards interpretation of what copyright law is thanks to DMCA. How many of these cases actually make it to court.

If it did make it to court and faced a judge, the real law would apply. Copyright exists to protect a holder from having their product or idea stolen. Reviewing something does not entail that, and copyright is designed specifically to protect journalists.

20. Arcticphoenix95

Arcticphoenix95
    Expand Collapse

1:49
    "and stifling the creativity that's made this site into something special"
    How the fuck is talking over video game footage creative?

21. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    I believe Youtube is making this to avoid future conflict with game developers. It all depends on the nature and the amount of the content getting "reviewed", not all the videos that use game footage can be clasified under journalism, a 3 minute review isn't the same as some youtubers playing the whole game, Google might be afraid of being accused of supporting copyright infringement (not necessarily illegal) by encouraging it through the partnership system.

22. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

AVGN has been reviewing games since 2004 and selling them on DVD since 2007. If what Youtube is pushing as copyright were actually legit, he would have had his pants sued off.

23. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    I honestly agree with you, idk US law enough to believe otherwise anyway, although I think Youtube still reserves the right to pay for what they consider legal, is not an issue until a third party makes a formal complain, this is just a preventive measure, imo.

Also, AVGN is an excelent example of greedy ass money-graving, his revenue way exceeds the quality of his content.

24. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

AVGN is the fuckin shit

fuckin fuck shit fuck doodle shit

25. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I really hope that it's SEGA that gave him the strike.

26. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

HAHAHAAAA I love watching these faggots squirm. KILL EM ALL

:popcorn:

27. Bottom Feeder

Bottom Feeder
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

GBP Management Assistant
    So many delicious rage tears.

28. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Never watched a video game review and don't plan to. If I want to find out what a game is like I will fucking play it myself

29. Anoncat

Anoncat
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Reviews can be informative whether you want to "buy" a game or not, it's actually let's plays that are a waste of time to watch.

30. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    I have heaps of games I never play. I bought Mirrors Edge, got to the second level and then took it out and have never played it since.

In the end its only about $100 you wasted and it makes your game collection look bigger when you try to show it off on the internet