Classes for Next Semester

Discussion in 'Locker Room Talk' started by Dr. Rice, Nov 29, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    It is that time again, time for people to pick classes for their next semester of college. So post what are you going to take next semester. So talk about what you are going to take and why.

I'm taking: History of Western Political Thought (Poly Sci), Geopolitics (Poly Sci), Introduction to Novel Writing (English), and Introduction to the History of Islam (Humanities).

The Geopolitics is going to be fun because our school is participating in an international event in which we represent various countries that are not our own. This is NOT like the model UN because the countries that are available are only important ones like BRICS and N-11 and such. No Niggers allowed. Both Poly Sci classes will be a medium to spread my ideology and recruit people for the coming civil war. I also want to be a Poly Sci major because realpolitik is fun.

English because it will be an easy A and I've been working on novel writing for about six years.

History of Islam because the Muslims are the most open about their mysticism and "magic." I respect this openness as it has allowed me to realize I have the soul of a lesser prophet (saint) instead of succumbing to the temptation and ignorance of evil. And for that I am grateful towards Muslims and Muhammad (PBUH), despite I am not a Muslim.

2. Dynamic Entry

Dynamic Entry
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Hokage
    :frog:cool story, bro.

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    It looks like someone is too poor for college...

4. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    Remember to pay attention because this stuff is essential for getting a job :lmao:

5. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    My advice - take classes that will actually be HELPFUL in real life. I think the 2 best classes i ever took were Professional Editing and Public Speaking (1 and 2). The editing class was just an easy way to get your term papers and essays to read/sound good. The Public Speaking class was great to get rid of that fear of, well, public speaking. I never had any issues with public speaking, but the classes taught me some techniques on how to improve on it, etc.

I was an Econ major, so those elective classes were a way to keep sane. I also went to Arizona State University, which is the Mecca of bullshit elective classes. History Of The Beatles? Cmon now.

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I took a public speaking class last semester. I passed with an A. An editing class sounds like a good idea, thanks. Normally I just shit As on essays, but I do have problems with syntax and grammar so an editing class will be helpful.

Because understanding how geopolitics works in an interconnected global economy is a skill that has zero commercial value.

7. Lundy

Lundy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Special Agent
    Animation major here. I'll be taking:

Life Drawing- coming in every other day, and working on how to draw real, live models. Should be good for my proportions and anatomy.

2D Animation 2- the second class on 2D, we'll be working in both Flash and ToonBoom.

2D Project- A whole semester dedicated to making one quality animation that the whole class participates in. Should be pro.

8. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    I'm going with philosophy 202 (Because my major will be in philosophy. I don't want a job when I graduate, but I want to understand why); Spanish 102; Forensics (Because I love dat public speaking); and now I'm considering an editing class. Thanks Lulzyer.

9. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    The Editing class i cant stress enough - I use the skills/techniques I learned in that class to this day. I used them all through law school and Moot Court. The main crux of the class - if you write a paper and read it outloud, and you sound like an idiot, then it will read like shit.

That class, I was writing an essay or paper every week. Then in your group, you swap papers and everyone edits everyone else's paper. Be prepared to take criticism. It was a 300 level course.

How often do I use my econ shit? NEVER

10. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I sold my soul to the military for 4 years. 2 years to go.

they won't call me up for a while, but I suppose I'll do redo some hand to hand with one of my Sargents. He nailed me on the chin and floored me last time we sparred. I think I owe him.

11. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    You don't need to be a philosophy major to understand why. You can read a book for that. I'd recommend something more specialized, unless you want to do something like be a lawyer.

12. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    ha, it doesnt even matter what degree you get if you want to be an attorney. Most law schools are doing away with the Socratic method of teaching, so having a Philosophy background wouldnt really put you at an advantage. I did have a few friends who were philosophy majors, but a lot were psych/soc/poli sci. There were a couple of criminal justice and women's studies majors as well. I think i was one of the few "hard" science majors (although that is debateable if Econ is a hard science) at my law school.

13. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I've always thought people took philosophy to understand critical thinking skills, something that would be helpful if you are arguing for a living.

14. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    I've not graduated high school yet.

15. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    As it just so happens, I have a family endowment at the University of Santa Claras law school. Which is pretty good motivation to go into law.
    Good ol' great granpappy Lucien Wilcox set up the endowment for his direct male descendents. Then he had two girls. Then between the two girls he had fourteen grandchildren, three of them boys. Finally we get to my generation, and there's this hilariously sexist endowment that bars most of my family from using it.

16. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Lol badass.

17. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    They got the boobies & vaginas, you get to go to uni.

They still win, as they can sit around an play with themselves all day.

Lucky wimminz.

18. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    My schedule this semester:
    • Advanced Adobe Dreamweaver Cs5
    • XML
    • AJAX
    • Programming with PHP and MySQL
    • Web Graphics and Multi-media
    • Adobe Flash
    • Technical Writing
    • HTML
    • Operating Systems

19. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    Joe's College Schedule

- Give-a-Fuckery 1101 (probably skip that)
    - Jenkem Engineering 101
    - Underwater Basket Weaving 101
    - Women's History (because it only covers kitchen and the bedroom, AMIRITE?)
    - Jazzercise
    - Alligator Wrestling 1102
    - Home economics
    - Faggotry Squared
    - Poop

20. Missingno

Missingno
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Aside from the core classes, I am taking:

Theater: Analyzing different genres of movies, films, etc.
    Music Theory: 'nuff said.
    Audio Engineering: 'nuff said.

Theater is pretty much useless to what I want to do save for a good side-note on my resume.
    Music Theory and Audio Engineering are essential to me as a future music producer.

21. Akula

Akula
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

n/a
    Home Page:
    Technically, I'm not in college. However, I'm in a program that will give me 2 years of college by the time I finish with a diploma.
    So I'm taking
    Physics IB
    Spanish III IB
    Chemistry I IB
    English II IB
    Geometry/Trig IB
    US History IB
    Digital Design

I only got two electives. (I chose Physics and Digital Design)
    Physics is easy as hell.
    I'm in Digital Design at the moment. Enough said.

22. Gruber

Gruber
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

More English.
    More Philosophy.
    More Psychology.

More social ineptitude. Less money.

23. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    How is AJAX even a class? Learn Python. I can help you with your course work if needed.

24. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    2017 Faggot Of The Year

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Sweet thanks.

I have no idea what the Ajax class will include, I don't start it until January 23rd. I take Python next year.

25. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    Taking:

Admin Justice 1 and 2(Electives; basically just learning about the basics of criminal law.)
    Sociology 21 Human Sexuality(Seemed interesting as an elective)
    Biology 3(Need to finish my natural sciences, and I put this off since I am not good at science.)

26. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Everything you need to learn about human sexuality can be learned from Freud, that we all have unconscious incestuous sexual desires and like penises. And that cocaine makes women submissive. The fact people think it is more complex than that is them upset that this guy was right.

[​IMG]

27. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  28. Whatever

Whatever
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Existing
    I'm taking Intro to Sociology, and my teacher is like that everyone is naturally bisexual and that socialization makes people predispose to one sexuality or another. Like how most people were primarily homosexual in Greek times, compared to current American culture.
    It was... interesting.

29. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Well all humans are bisexual (in sexual preference), it is just because of our mortality that we never develop this. Not because of culture. Not only that, but Human gender is bisexual. Our physical gender and conscious mind is only half of what we are as a complete being. There are parts of us that exist locked away deep within our minds that are sentient like our conscious mind. This other aspect is the opposite gender.

“Gender is in everything; everything has its Masculine and Feminine Principles; Gender manifests on planes.”–The Kybalion. From the lowly atom to the Archangel, all of us were created in the image of the Maker. Because of this we all exhibit the principle of Gender.