Cheaphammer 40k

Discussion in 'Your Shitty Projects' started by PresidentOfAsia, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PresidentOfAsia

PresidentOfAsia
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

I'm now going to rebuild my Imperial Guard army using a fun little thing called instant mold. Instant Mold is essentially a reusable mold that I can use to make molds of all my miniatures and stuff; though its usually meant for epoxy putty press molds, if done right I can use it with resin and essentially recreate entire miniatures via two part molds.

As of now, I'm still waiting for my order to come in but once it comes in, I'll post progress of my project and maybe tips for making your own miniatures. With it, and a 2nd $20 investment for resin and maybe $10 for more bits and stuff, I can essentially have my own unlimited supply of miniatures!

2. ChickenRamen

ChickenRamen
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

tom preston's secret admirer
    Sounds interesting. Couldn't blame you for doing that. I looked at the miniatures on the GamesWorkshop site and god I couldn't believe the prices on some of them.

3. PresidentOfAsia

PresidentOfAsia
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Still need to get the resin; I also found that green stuff acts weird if I don't mix the two parts correctly

4. ChickenRamen

ChickenRamen
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

tom preston's secret admirer
    Aww really? That just sucks.

5. PresidentOfAsia

PresidentOfAsia
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

The thing is that I was impatient and wanted to results quick so I didn't do things correctly but it can be done;

This guy made an entire Imperial Fist Army http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=252126

Not perfect but looks waaaaaaay better then the regular plastics sold by GW