Century Media Sues 7500 fans for downloading Iced Earth and Lacuna Coils new albums.

Discussion in 'News' started by PublicEnemy, Oct 2, 2012.

1. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

[​IMG]

http://www.nme.com/news/architects/66174
    http://www.icedearth.com/home/iced-earth’s-jon-schaffer-comments-on-century-media’s-file-sharing-lawsuit

Founder of Iced Earth Jon Schaffer gives his opinion on the matter
    I am a little worried about this as I downloaded their discography, which has Dystopia included.

Its good to know that the founder of Iced Earth thinks this whole thing is stupid.

2. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Someone should get the band on the horn, and have them Amicus Curae. It never looks good when you're trying to sue for copyright violation... and the people who produced the content in the first place don't want you to. We're also operating under the flawed assumption that all of those IP addresses will match unique, and responsible individuals. What if one is a coffee shop's IP? A hotel's? A hijacked or bot-netted computer? If I were one of these people, I'd oganize, and have each individual person demand that the people suing provide proof, since they have the burden, that I actually downloaded. That and I'd explain to all 7,500 people what a "discovery request" was.

A discovery request is a request for files, documents, and other relevant information leading up to a lawsuit like this. You are legally compelled to respond to one, even if you find it ridiculous, you still have to respond, but TELL the judge you find it ridiculous. Imagine getting 7,500 unique discovery requests. I've seen law firms struggle with the discovery requests of ONE individual.

3. CocaineInMyBrain

CocaineInMyBrain
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

professional migrant
    First of all , who the fuck are these artists?

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Idk who Lacuna Coils is, but Iced Earth was a pretty cool band. IMO of the coolest stories ever is the Something Wicked Saga. I once made a thread on EDF1 about the Setians and made it seem like I was talking about the Jewish peoples.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Wicked_Saga

5. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Jews of a pretty ultra-hassidic sect.

6. Hemlock

Hemlock
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Unemployed IT Student and Linux User
    Home Page:
    The record labels want their jewgold so they can rally for internet censorship.