Bug Reports

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Chats' started by zaiger, Nov 27, 2011.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse
    Kawaii on the streets. Senpai in the sheets.

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    We do a lot of modifications to the forum code, so shit breaks. Report bugs here.

Known Bugs:
    1. The Media Library is erroring out when you try to add a video.
    Solved Bugs:
    1. Sometimes posting doesn't register and you end up double posting as a result. (I have no idea why this is happening so we might be stuck with it for a while.)

• Like Like x 1
    • OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 1
    • List
  2. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

Home Page:
    Reported; for real, this time.

3. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Do you want updates and/or add'l info re bugs here or is it just for new stuff? E.g. posting when your new post will go onto the next page triggers the double post bug.

4. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Anything bug related.

and really? I hadn't realized that. I will pass the info on to @Edgeworth, maybe that will help figure out the problem.

5. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    I couldn't replicate.

6. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    Same. It doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. I might set up a development installation on the server so we can run tests without having to worry about breaking the regular public installation or having to rebuild templates while it's busy etc.

7. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Post 140716 was a double. Clicked Post button, nothing happened, refreshed, post was there & post box at the bottom had HTML code for the posted post. Did a couple of extra posts, unable to replicate. Next time I hit it, I'll delete the initial post & repost to see if that replicates.

I'm fucking sick of typing "post". Now I've overthought it and it's starting to sound phallic.

8. Edgeworth

Edgeworth
    Expand Collapse
    Systems Administrator

Web Developer/Systems Administrator
    post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post post

9. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
  10. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    Just hit the double post thing again. Deleted the post, reposted, bug did not reoccur.

Have fun debugging that.

Not sure what the logs are like - does it help if you're provided with post numbers where the bug occurs.

11. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    There are no errors in the logs :(

12. endsenten

endsenten
    Expand Collapse
    Knows where you sleep

Sometimes, after posting a comment there's no redirect to it in the thread you're submitting it; after clicking "Post Reply", the loading bar at the top right of the page appears, looks like it's loading and then it goes away, no redirection; the entered contents stay in the comment box, as if the posting had failed. You've got to refresh the page to actually see it there in the thread. It happens in an apparent random fashion.

Little theory - The non-redirection makes people think their post wasn't submitted (but it did in reality), so they click the button again, thus double posting the same comment. I've felt tempted to do that each time it happens, but what I do instead is copy the entered text (to paste it again if needed) and refresh the page. 100% of the time my comment was there in the thread already.

I'll take a look next time it happens to see if there is a particular event that triggers the non-redirection.

13. zaiger

zaiger
    Expand Collapse

Dramaticorp
    Home Page:
    :slowpoke:

14. Immortal_Cake

Immortal_Cake
    Expand Collapse
    Noice

Home Page:
    Oh yeah, this has been happening, recently.

Whenever you copy-paste a pic from an outside source, it'll give you the 10,000-character limit, when you press "Post."

Example...