1. Email server is down and i have to manually confirm accounts at the moment. Check forum regularly to see if your account has been approved, you wont get an email. Sorry about the wait
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing thread

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Chats' started by AbeWallard, Jan 6, 2014.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums

Encyclopedia Dramatica is being sued by a very wealthy serial litigator. This is not just another "gimme shekels for server" - the future of ED is at stake. We are asking for donations to fund our legal battle, all money raised goes entirely towards attorney fees. Please help with whatever you can, every donation is deeply appreciated.

Donate to the Encyclopedia Dramatica Legal FundJoin the Discussion Thread

1. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Yep, in September, it seems

Lol, so dumb

2. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    August

3. Cobalt

Cobalt
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Meowing
    So Ward vs Kovalev 2..
    Never saw that coming.

4. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    The priciest floor wiping ever :D

5. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Even sooner, then...first news told September, but the sooner the better

I love how Floyd is firing up the PR pot

"Does he have a good chance of upsetting Floyd Mayweather (me) ? I can't say, but anything can happen in the sport of boxing or contact sports period. And I've been off for a couple of years and I'm 40 years old now. He's still in his 20s, I'm in my 40s now"

[​IMG]

#145 CallMeMaggot, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    with Floyds age i suppose its always a possibility that Mcgregor could manage a win

but saying that, Floyd is arguably the best boxer in history, definitely in the top 5 of all time.

It's pretty common knowledge that literally everyone even including Dana White is telling Mcgregor he is about to get destroyed

7. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    just watched an interview with dana white

"if connor can touch floyd"

IF
    IF
    IF
    IF

8. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Well, technically, there is a (one) possibility

The same Baya would have, more or less

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • List
  9. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer

the cringe is real..

10. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Mc is gonna be worn the fuck out by the 5th and Floyd is gonna work points... I'd be willing to put $$$ down on a disqualification when mc gets so frustrated that he lifts his leg to kick.

Also, if you honestly think Floyd is in the top 25 greatest of all time you need to play in traffic

• Fuck off retard Fuck off retard x 1
    • List
  11. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Umm...I dunno, Floys can punch like a motherfucker when he wants...it's just that he doesn't want, since he became famous...but he had 13 KOs in his first 15 fights as a pro. If he gets too feed up, he can decide to obliterate O'Connor, just for the laughs

Also, he has a really good chin, another thing everybody forgets...he not only took the best punches that Mosley, a huge hitter, had, back in 2010...next round, he turned into Pacman and overwhelmed Mosley, one of the best ever in their weight

I don't get your last sentence...I put Floyd among the best 5 ever, and probably the best of all times in his weight

#151 CallMeMaggot, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  12. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    Dick head is the epitome of everything that is wrong with boxing... It would be different if he got black listed the first time he backed out of a fight but the fact that he dodged 10 years of fighters in their prime leaves him, at most, in the top 5 cock suckers to game a fucked up system

13. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Yeah, and he's a wife beating scumbag...nothing to do with the fact that his boxing skills put him among the very best, I'm judgin his skills, not his (admitely shitty...ey, I despise the guy...) personality

Also, I don't see him as an special ducker...I'll quote:

Put simply, most of the suggestions for boxers Mayweather "ducked" don't hold up to scrutiny. To go through some of the most commonly suggest names:

A) Joel Casamayor. In 2000-01 Mayweather and Casamayor were the two premier 130lbs boxers in the world and it is of course disappointing that they didn't face off. However, the fault is not Mayweather's.

Mayweather tried to make a bout with Casamayor but the Cuban preferred to wait until he had unified with WBO champion Acelino Freitas (at a time when the WBO was starting to gain some recognition as a legitimate world title) so he could demand a bigger purse. Casamayor would go on to lose to Freitas, Freitas would turn down the bout with Mayweather, and Mayweather would move up to 135lbs for his first bout with Castillo and quickly outgrow 130lbs.

B) Antonio Margarito. In 2006-07, when Mayweather was first establishing himself at 147lbs, many claim he ducked the WBO champion Margarito. And while it is undoubtedly true that he turned down a lucrative offer to face Margarito, I don't see how it can be considered ducking.

At the time Margarito was an alphabet soup title holder with one win anyone regarded as notable to his name (the untested but highly hyped Kermit Cintron as at that point Sergio Martínez was an unknown). Not long before talk of a bout with Mayweather appeared, Margarito had lost to solid but unspectacular 154lbs title holder Daniel Santos and frankly, few thought much of him.

C) Paul Williams. Williams frequently called out Mayweather. But he also frequently called out every other boxer around 147lbs. He claimed he was the most ducked man in boxing and then turned down awkward opponents because they were too risky. The fact is Williams only arrived on the world title scene with his victory over Margarito and Mayweather's choice then was between Williams and the man at 140lbs, Ricky Hatton, in a superfight.

D) Manny Pacquiao. The big one. Even as long-winded as I am. I don't have the time or space here to go through all the twists and turns of this bout. Suffice to say that if we say Mayweather ducked Pacquiao then we must also say Pacquiao ducked Mayweather.

24 wins (7 KOs) against former or current world titlists; 12 wins (3 KOs) against former or current lineal champions; and 2 wins (1 KO) against International Boxing Hall of Fame inductees.

And the main reason he turned from the KO machine that was Pretty Boy into the $ machine that is Money is twofold: his really brittle, broken hands...and because it was the only way that let him be the best for another decade

14. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    Floyd started off by chasing his opponents around the ring beating them up like a russian at a gay pride parade. It wasnt until his hands started breaking 6 rounds into every fight that he completely changed his style, and got even better.

15. Bono-Roland

Bono-Roland
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Cool analysis's

Dunno much about boxing but I'll watch it for shure

#155 Bono-Roland, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  16. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Watch some of his slow-mo vids at YT...it's awe inspiring, the moves look almost scripted, and it's because the chap see them coming and reacts perfectly in real time

Same as his punches...you only can see how good they are at slow motion ( btw, most precise hitter of all times...)

You know a boxer is good when he looks like a clip out of The Matrix through a high speed camera, lol

#156 CallMeMaggot, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  17. Likeicare

Likeicare
    Expand Collapse
    EDF is my hugbox

Home Page:
    @CallMeMaggot have you watched the press conferences recently

18. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Nope....right now, I'm fully inmersed in the world of race drones....5 years late, as usual with spaniards. Ey, some of those little bastards can fly, I had no idea...

Tell me, pls

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  19. Hater

Hater
    Expand Collapse
    Cyber Bully

Director of operations at Authority
    When McGregor is finished boxing his gonna compete in Nathan hot dog eating contest

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer