Black Pools of the Interior (a True Story)

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Flu, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    I am in between projects - making a mask for the coming zombie walk, and drinking a poppy seed infusion, since one requires the other.

While I down 8L's of the tea, let me tell you all about the fateful day when I was 9 (I think), when I found a drowned guy.

It was on the last day of the local fishing derby, something I cared little about. But, loving boats, I went out onto the water with my dirt-poor best friend and his booze-soaked, dysfunctional family.

While we lazed along in my friend's boat over the polluted lake in a slow trawl, I got bored so I decided to stare out over the side.

The body of water that we were on was the terminus of local rivers which flowed down through miles of ranch land, through various small towns and cities and culminated in a vile cesspool that was known as Savona lake. Rife with pollutants and various bits of debris, the lake was shockingly deep and even held many mysteries which became local urban lore.

(Later in my life, my friends and I would come to term the entire body of water as 'the Styx,' because it was very common to find corpses floating in it - usually the bloated corpses of horses and cattle, but from time to time, of human suicide and accidental deaths.)

Despite knowing the nature of the lake it still came as a shock to me, my friend, and his parents when we discovered the body.

As I had been staring off the side of the boat, I was the first to see the white thing float upward from the murk - probably from the turbulence of the motor as it churned lazily just under the surface.
    It rose up, unassumingly, bobbing, as debris was prone to do and so I paid no heed to it, until the white (of an old T-shirt) caught my attention. Quickly, the junk began to assume a more sinister, frightening shape: that of a roughly human form...

As the corpse rose from the gross and bitter blackness of the deep, I took in more and more of its grisly appearance: the hair, which at first I mistook for ragged weeds, and then the most striking feature - the husk's old bathtub skin, that hung loosely to the worm-bitten bones.

Aghast, I howled, lurching backwards into the safety of the centre of the boat. I kept howling, warning everyone that there was something over the side of the boat. My pal's dad was the first to stumble to the side. But he saw nothing.

"Probably fucking driftwood," he said [approximately] . "You're scaring the fish away - shut up."

He was a moronic drunk- at best he could see maybe two-feet away.

Kevin, my buddy, moved to the stern, then he shouted something like, "there it is!"

We all then flocked to the stern, and, sure enough, there was the corpse floating very near the surface of the water about a meter from where I had first spotted it, just under just a few inches of water as it bobbed only partially obscured by the murk, framed by the queer darkness below; the way that it had surfaced and then vanished; the corpse simply faded away, back into the petulant blackness of the world below the waves. It seemed to move by its own volition - leaving us stunned, to second-guess what we had seen.

It could move through that ink.

(The rush I got from finding it has chemically etched this moment into my brain and my nerves, forever.)

We headed back to shore and phoned the cops, who arrived later that day (so not to disrupt the final day of the derby and cause a scene, I guess). The cops brought along their dive team and nets. Sure enough, it was later reported by the RCMP that the remains of a man who had committed suicide. A bridge jumper.

To this day, the worst thing about those waters is not the pollution: it's the sheer number of times dead men have been found, to be pulled like fishes from the cold mountain waters.

Perhaps, down in the jumbled currants of the lake Styx, drowned men ride skeletal horses.

2. Doakes

Doakes
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Flu needs to write a book.

3. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    I am more interested in the poppy seed infusion; what's the high like?

4. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    It's awesome.
    There are two main infusions - the first, being of bulk poppy seeds, canned lemonade mix, and water, gets you fucked. If you have no tolerance to opiates, a large cup typically will work for you. Expect the first few times both nothing and nausea to happen. It's got a strange effect on first-timers, like popping your cherry. Most likely, you won't enjoy it. But when it works, expect either to laze on for the entire day, or, if you're lucky - like I am lucky - expect an entire day of limitless energy and a drastically increased pain and fatigue threshold.
    Note: some countries, like America and Australia wash their seeds before selling them, so they won't work. However, when I was in LA I got some seeds from a Target (of all places), and I got fucked.
    The second infusion uses the pods only. This is much harder to come by, but if you know any Pakis, they can always hook you up, since they're all drug dealers and sleaze merchants. For a while, weird places like Michaels - a faggy yuppie craft supply store - was selling pods for decorative purposes. I was skeptical, but the pods were awesome. Like poppy seed infusions, the pods get you royally fucked in a way identical as above.

Both seeds and pods contain a fairly high yield of raw opium. Casein point, seeds are actually red in colour, but appear black (or gray) due to being covered in raw resin.

I don't always drink infusions, however - sometimes I smoke / snort the real deal: heroin. Heroin is super awesome but a real drag to get.
    Also, from experience, I find that I get way more high from the infusions than even really good heroin (that isn't injected.)
    The secret is this: all poppy seeds used for cooking come from the opium varieties. I don't know why, really, beyond that they taste better (according to some random cooking site). And, lastly, I've tried planting the seeds. The vast majority of times, the seeds fail to sprout - those that do sprout often die young. But, as was the case of the seeds my friends and I discarded in the woods, after cleaned out our jugs - those that do grow yield full pods that can be milked for raw opium. Smoking raw opium is optimal.

If you haven't tried opiates, do-so. But beware: they're too damn good.
    I've been chronically hooked now for 11 years, with only brief interludes of [terrible] sobriety. Unlike kicking smoking, or whatever, kicking opiates means two solid weeks of suffering: shitting, barfing, never sleeping, fever dreams, sweating, sneezing, aches and pains, delirium, no energy, and oddly enough, a hyper sex drive (since opiates kill any trace of it). Ever tried jacking off eight times a day while you're laying on the floor, shitting your pants and puking down your shirt? It's weird. Watch the movie 'Brain Damage' to get the best representation of what it's like quitting "blue brain slug juice."

Or just keep doing it, year after year.

5. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    Oh yeah, i have done opiates - been on and off for a year now. Started doing them while studying for the Bar Exam last summer as a way to relax after a week of 10 hour study days and eating cheese its. First time i did em, did 20mg of Oxycodone. I was so fucking out of it. I have various hook ups and people I can get it from. After a few months, i started looking up ways to get the most out of it - IE potentiators - which totally work. I am not crazy enough to shoot or snort - i enjoy the waiting for it to kick in. The thing is, i could go on SilkRoad and buy as much as i want; the problem is to not arouse suspicion from the US Post office, i'd have to have stuff shipped to my real name. The problem is, i kind of also dont want to get DISBARRED, so my usage is kept in check by my ability to get it. I'm always looking for a way around it (kratom, poppy seed, etc).

So making this poppy seed tea, the high is comparable to what? My usual dosage is never more than 20mg of oxy/hyrdo. What i am looking for is that same effect - "the nods", the totally chillax feeling of watching Netflix Instant, while high as fuck, and fully aware that you are high off opiates. I'm in the US so i doubt i will find what you found at Target (although that would be awesome). What as it you bought there exactly?

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I like flu can attest to the superpowers opium does give you. Not everyone gets superpowers high on opium, but you'll know if you are one of these people. I still have like 1.5 grams of opium left and my friends don't want to smoke it so more for me!

7. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    I am currently in the final stages of my first book, soon to be published, titled: 'The Joy of Sex with Doakes.'

It features 777 tactful, yet descriptive and vivid sexual positions, all printed on fine satin finish pages with faux leather dust jacket and a delicate wisp of lavender meadow scent. The entire book sells for $109.99 and is a collector's 'Must' and fine gift idea for any man, woman, or mature child.

...you work in a bookstore, right, my boy? Maybe I could arrange a book signing there?

8. carcinologist

carcinologist
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Annoying faggot
    Home Page:
    [quote="Flu, post: 42635"'The Joy of Sex with Doakes. [/quote]

can i pre-order this?

9. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    You can get it to work with the "washed" poppy seeds too, but it takes a significantly larger amount to work.

So we're all in agreement; opiates are awesome.

10. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    All I want to say is I am looking forward to opium bong riffs tomorrow.

11. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    can i pre-order this?[/quote]
    Right now is the perfect time to order!!
    We're taking pre-orders for the priceless Bibliophile Edition of the Joy of Sex with Doakes. In addition to 777 pages of stunning, hi-res gloss photos and a lifetime of valuable information, these limited pressings feature an intro by the author, a new cover featuring a classical Greek vase inspired black figure-style Corinthian illustration of 'Doakes Love thru the Antiquities,' and a new 'Autumn musk' scent - pressed from authentic, fair-trade East Chilean boy balls - in place of the standard Anne Geddes', 'lavender meadow.'

Regrettably, while the books publisher, Fugitive Publishing, is engaged in distribution talks with Amazon.com, the book can only be pre-ordered via scribbling your request in the toilet wall at your nearest publish washroom. Our team of dedicated lurkers will collect all orders by the 23rd of this month. Orders should ship out early in the Fall.

Thank you for your interest in the Joy of Sex with Doakes, and happy hunting!

- Regards, Fugitive Publishing

12. TheGordo

TheGordo
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

shoelace
    http://poppyseedtea.com/

anhero by accident seems all the rage with the hardcore slurpers of the poppy tea world. Thats the problem with opiates, when taken in ways that dose cannot be measured properly.

13. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    i love that site.
    the whole premise of its lesson is 'learn to parent.'

14. TheGordo

TheGordo
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

shoelace
    It does seem a bit *lost* all in all, like a vain effort to prevent but just dont cut the mustard. I have had my fair share of opiates over the years, injecting heroin was perhaps the best hit of all, but sadly the *cons* far outweighed the *pros* for me. I can see the attraction in the opiate buzz very much, it's tooo nice all in all, but when tolerance kicks in then it becomes a problem, take more, then need more so on so forth...

I miss the wrapped up in a ball of cotton wool with no cares or worries feeling, but like a long lost love, will opt for the memories of days and nights spent under her gaze. Ex's are ex's for a reason...

15. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    Did you read his "essay on addiction"? What an awful writer. I don't feel bad about his death at all.

16. TheGordo

TheGordo
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

shoelace
    Just had that anti-feast that was his ramblings.. Seems he had it planned since he was 4 and a half yr's old. That fateful day his granny hoovered up his gerbil by accident, was the day he sat and began to write of his "An hero" tendancies...

If i was to mark his.. his... thing, then I would say "Tea is obviously too weak, make a proper pot next time... 3/10" Then not really feel guilty when I read of his demise the following week.

17. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    I'm well into the point where I do it to feel normal. It's crappy that it's got to be this way, but so be it. I can still get high, but it's nowhere near as awesome as when I was doing opiates recreationally.

For me, opiates aren't just a drug; they're not something I'm simply addicted to. Opiates are the everything for me. I so passionately love doing them, and being high, that every endeavor I have embarked upon has been in some way for- or because of them. And if it was possible, I'd do them day and night. And if I died doing heroin, I'd be joining a long line of morphine heroes. Crack whore Valkyries would scramble from the skies to take me aloft into the vivid neon lights of New York Valhalla. Dying on the needle is a lot like dying on the sword.

HAIL SATAN AND THOR AND EMMA EVERYDAY!!

18. Rape Train

Rape Train
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Worst drug dealer ever
    I like how this thread immediately turned into opiate worship.

19. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    the title of the thread takes on new meaning

fuckin art, man.

20. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    I have interviewed for several state/county/city jobs as an Attorney, and i assume they do drug tests as a condition of employment, so i'll try Opium tea AFTER i get the job. Also, i'll have to hide it from my Fiance, seeing as she has no idea of my recreational tendencies.

21. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    Flu, do you suggest any sort of ratio/particular seed or can you point me to a site to help me make a decision? I have condiered doing Kratom, but to get an effective high you need to spend a ton of cash - i can go to ASU and spend 5 bucks a pill and get actual RX pills for a lot less hassle and time. Opium tea sounds pretty good!

22. molb*

molb*
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Bulbous
    Were you still known as "Flu" when this story took place?

23. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

Every single day

24. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Drink Cranberry juice, that will help remove drugs from your urine faster.

25. Flu

Flu
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

milk man
    Home Page:
    Bulk seeds are the best. The only sort of measurement I can provide you is this: Imagine a 4L milk / water jug. Fill the jug about 1.5/3 of the way with seeds, and then add one can of frozen citrus juice - lemonade or grapefruit, or, to a lesser extent, orange juice - or just use a ton of actual lemon juice, then fill the remaining space in the jug with cold or lukewarm water (lukewarm spoils the seeds faster, making a second wash gross, but it seems to help remove the cake of tar from around the seed.)

So, 1.5/3 of the jug to be filled with seeds. Let steep minimum 30 minutes, vigorously shaking the jug maybe once every 10 mins. When ready: keeping the plastic lid on, use a safety pin, or similar larger gauge poking device, to prod many holes in the lid, until the entire plastic cap is covered in holes.Get a big cup (about 1/2L) and hold the jug upside down, squeezing the sides. The infusion will pour through the lid, straining out the seeds. (Be sure the lid is securely fastened. I'd dumped an entire jug once, by accident. I could have cried.)

If it's your first time, slam the cup. Don't sip it - the infusion needs to hammer your gut. Wait 40 mins to see if anything happens. By this time, you should be in the much enviable position - that is, HIGH.

Chances are, your stomach isn't as elastic as mine. So, you'll have a hard time keeping down the fluids. It just to be hard for me to slam 1L, but now I can slam 3L with ease - and 6-8L in 2 hours, easy.

Be sure to only drink the stuff in small increments, as first timers tend to get really sick and puke. Laying down greatly helps nausea.
    Once high, smoking cigarettes is fucking awesome, and weed is killer, provided you don't smoke enough to get fully high. If you're like me, and the tea gets you jazzed rather than down, then the drug makes you nearly immune to weed - it serves as a potentiator.

Really watch how much you do. Some faggot back in the day stole my secret of poppy tea, and though I tried to warn him not to do so much, he ended up OD'ing at a party. His face bloated up, his skin turned a sickly, water-logged yellow, and he was hardly breathing. Also, don't get hooked. Or else you'll have to join me on my park bench, in purgatory.
    No... This was before I became the man I am today. Although, I was nasty in my own right: with ponytail and potbelly, and loud shirts and Wrangler jeans.

26. lulzyer

lulzyer
    Expand Collapse
    Attorney at lol

Attorney
    Where do i get those? You seem to be seasoned; i just do pills. Is the high equivalent to RXs?