Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by HeliosOne, Apr 1, 2016.

1. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    It also has a transsexual cleric character which you can kill without any repercussions.. :picard:

2. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

By courtesy of CNN, take all these overstock factcheckers.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I dunno. NPC interactions were pretty limited in BG1, havent played this due to the fuckery and heavy handed current year politics making this game which should be set in a timeless setting become dated within a week. But in Baldrus Gate 2 (which is amazing) you could romance most of the female NPCs i think.

If you're a fag. You should solo it.

4. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

In BG2 you'll eventually enter some kind of romance arc, they don't grant you any rewards except you can change an alignment of a character if you complete it.

One I remember from the last playthrough was that Viconia arc, but it got terminated after the main character achieved a karma of a Jesus, which tends to piss off evil characters. If you pick party members with conflicting alignments, they eventually start arguing and throwing punches at each other. Shame that the best mage is also a baddie, but his bantzy superiority-fuelled dialogue is funny.

BG1 still holds up, at least the original, but some sort of hi-res patch is recommended. I don't recommend playing solo for the first time, you gotta play through BG2 at least once with the #1 turnip-fan, Jan Jansen on party.

I think the best aspect of both BGs is the variety of combat as your characters progress. In BG2 you can even turn a dragon into a squirrel, or backstab with a magic staff which dispels enemy buffs with every hit, or trap enemies on webs and gas them like Adolf would.

5. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    lol, yeah, the dialogues between Edwin and other evil characters were great. Viconia, Sarevok and that psycho dwarf from 2 were also pretty funny. Oh, and that greedy dwarf from the first game... "only thing better than gold is ... a lot of gold!" ... he was willing to leave party if you gave money to beggars, orphans and other unfortunate sobs, uttering angrily something like: "You bunch of chumps! What the hell you think you're doing?" each time..

6. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I'm surprised the tumblr'ry devs of the enhanced edition didn't manipulate the dialogue on the quest, in which Edwin accidentally turns himself into Edwina. They added that one character which oozes of Anthony Burch, but luckily you're granted the freedom to bitchslap her/xer. There was also some new evil aligned character, who seemed like the type with an iq of 60 and a tendency to hurt small animals. If you're nice to it, you'll know not to go to Copper Coronet tomorrow.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

Yeah, i've been through the updated versions of both.
    BG1 is probably more balanced than BG2. Especially if you have ToB installed.
    I just cant stand having parties since everything takes fucking forever, and i've been autistically trying to find ways to get one character to do it all. I even soloed Icewind Dale with Heart of Winter with a Ranger (stalker kit). Last fight took me fucking forever.

Soloing BG2 is easy compared to BG1 and both Icewind Dale's as there you start at level 1 and even a fucking dog can fuck you up.
    But in Icewind Dale (dunno about IWD2) dual classing bypasses the exp cap, so you can if you're a masochist, be a level 29 something and a level 30 something else, which gives you a CR of 59.. Which i think is the highest of any non diety in forgotten Realms.

Sarevok didnt have good conversations with anyone. Either he's a fucking lunatic or he's being 3deep4you. He's a giant fucking faggot.
    Korgan had better banter than Edwin. And Edwin has 18 intelligence, which in hindsight must mean that he had severe asbergers syndrome with his mutterings. Dude was socially retarded.
    IIRC that jew dwarf from BG1 was called Kagain.

• List
  8. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Ugh, the new characters.. last time i played it, one of those cunts didn't even appear ... at all. Can't say that bug really bugged me. :) The original game had much more controversial content by itself.. there was a magical belt (cursed, lol) that would switch the gender of any character wearing it - they should have made a quest with it. Also there was unhealthy amount of halfling and gnomish pedo rapists/murderers.
    The lunatic part was kinda fun. He's more even tempered after you kill him and later meet him in hell. Still beats any character from Neverwinter Nights.. maybe except that kobold bard - that was an exceptional character. :D

9. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

In terms of personality, Edwin is like Snorlax. :D

I feel like starting IWD2, as I've never played it. First with a balanced yet unoriginal pick for a party, Barbarian/Cleric/Wizard/Rogue. Monk duo or trio could be interesting, karate chop sum buttholes. Should someday try how bards work.

Never got into Neverwinter Nights, played the first one online with a friend but there were a seemingly endless amount of dull dungeons and "trust me, this gets good in the expansion".

10. Fukken_OldGay

Fukken_OldGay
    Expand Collapse
    Ediot

I could hardly keep my own character organized in NWN, the camera style really vexed me. I think i only finished the game once, and i have tried to start it probably a 1000 times and not even finished finding the 4 faggots.

Edwin is a giant sperg. And Conjourer is a fucking shit-tier school of magic as invisibility will rek you instantly.

IWD2 is very good. Its one of Peter Stormare's best roles.
    In later years, i think i actually think i prefer the linear form of IWD to BG since you cant farm XP the same way, you have to follow da wae.
    And IIRC Monks in IWD2 doesnt work animation wise. You're just a fighter doing stupid punches.

• I Agree I Agree x 1
    • List
  11. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    IWD2 is great with neutral/evil hack n'slash party. Definitely pick a monk, there's a monastery on the way, with a bunch of interesting stuff for monk. Also think about ranger or druid, their tracking ability might be useful in a later part of game, in a haunted forest where you can get easily lost. And cleric of Bane, there's a good dialogue near the end where you can explain to other cleric of Bane how much of a failure he is, and how much of true champ of Bane you are. :D

NWN campaign is meh, mostly thanks to those monotonous dungeons you're describing.. and that elvish paladin(i can still remember the terrible music that starts to play each time you begin a dialogue with her).. but your friend is right, the second dlc, hordes of underdark really is great. You can start it with a 15-th lvl character(just skip the original campaign or the first dlc), or you can use some mod as in game editor to level up to lvl 17-18.. there's a bunch of mods like that. Other mods are also more playable.. i recently played the Eye of the beholder module and it was excellent... a massive, old-school, dungeon.
    Those npc's? Oh yeah, i spent most skill points on learning to pick locks and remove traps just so i wouldn't have to drag them along. :D

• List
  12. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    • Trigger Warning Trigger Warning x 1
    • List
  13. ilovejesus69

ilovejesus69
    Expand Collapse
    Crisis Actor

14. moogshroom

moogshroom
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

I have a hunch this one shares the same bloodline, or woodline if you will, as that one particular couch.
    [​IMG]

15. Chrono

Chrono
    Expand Collapse
    Dragon

Attention Whore
    aka Chrono's fantasy

16. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

17. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

@HeliosOne @feminist jazz hands I'm taking over this thread for all my random pop culture reference needs because SOMEBODY deleted all my threads for the last seven months. Also, I haven't played SoD yet. Presumably, I will at the future date. Presumably.

18. Failstation

Failstation
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

protesting the wage gap
    Home Page:
    Mmmm... I want someone to siege my Baldur's gate with their dragonspear...

• Like Like x 1
    • Disgusting Disgusting x 1
    • List
  19. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Sure, knock yourself out. :)

20. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    • Like Like x 1
    • I Fapped I Fapped x 1
    • List
  21. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    Neat.. Paradox games are usually great, i don't think this will be exception. Only thing that bugs me is how game trailers increasingly resemble theatrical trailers.. but it sorta makes sense, seeing how the industry has grown. Can't wait for the gaming industry's own Harvey Weinstein..:awesome:

22. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Their games are early releases and you pay every couple of months to get the new content, but they don't tell you that.
    (Yes, I'm butthurt over their DLC policy, especially for CK2.)

• List
  23. feminist jazz hands

feminist jazz hands
    Expand Collapse
    Moral Highlander

Uromancer
    14 expansions?!? :eek: Holy fucking shit..

24. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Some of them add very little actual content, most of them add unpopular game-breaking features. They also add basic feature patches as part of DLCs, instead of patching the main game.

25. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Dude, every single CK2 DLC is great after patches.

26. NoelMittUns

NoelMittUns
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

There is a China-Tibet DLC, in which both China and Tibet are still unplayable, and we just get a China screen. It's really overpriced for what it is. Monks and Mystics' only interesting feature is Satanists, which most people don't play, while the other secret societies are half-assed. And there's Conclave, but I'm pretty sure nobody even plays it. The Reaper's Due is great tho. (I'm only talking about the recent ones.)