Avengers vs X-Men

Discussion in 'Music, Movies & Media' started by Patroclus Rex, Apr 27, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

[​IMG]

So this nerdgasm is going down at Marvel comics at the moment. Here's a discussion thread.

Background
    The Phoenix Force is returning to Earth to inhabit the body of Hope Summers, the Mutant Messiah. Cyclops and the X-Men want this to happen so they can avoid extinction, while the Avengers don't want everyone everywhere to die a fiery death. This causes some conflict, so, because they all have superpowers, they decided to beat the shit out of each other.

Teams
    Who even knows anymore?

So, that's AvX. Now we get to see if a guy wearing a robot suit can stand up to someone who could crush him with a thought, or if a giant, unstoppable, metal, Russian avatar of destruction can beat a sticky nerd flinging semen. I hope you're ready, because it already started like a month ago.

2. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

This event shoud be called Lazy Writers vs. X-Men.

Because holy shit they are doing a bad job in demonizing Cyclops.

3. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah, they haven't sufficiently portrayed the extent to which Cyclops has gone completely batshit.

4. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It should be clear that Cyclops should play the sort of antagonist here, being all obsessive toward the Hope chick and everything.

But every panel they try to show how insane he is sounds pretty much forced. It doesn't help either that the Avengers's actions are less than sympathetic.

Anyway, my only interest here so far are the fights Spider-Man vs. Colossus, and Dr. Strange vs. Magik.

5. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Seems kind of redundant since single villains like Dr.Doom, and Juggernaut have beaten both teams by themselves.

I'm sure they're trying to turn Cyclops into Ironman-Civilwar-douche. But nobody is buying it.

6. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    That is in no way a fight. Steven would mind rape her from his morning shower.

This has happened before IIRC. Seems every time one of he major companies has to please the shareholders, some universe shattering event happens.

7. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Given how Namor vs. The Thing and Luke Cage went down, I wouldn't be not surprised.

8. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Just read the summary of AvX 3.

Magik actually beat Strange, and haha damn Cap went no barrels down on Wolverine after he tried to kill Hope, and threw him in the middle of the ocean :derp:

This fucking event.

9. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Now we haven't just got Avengers and X-Men, we've got Wolverine vowing to kill Hope on his own. I'm still waiting to see how X-Force is involved since they were in the program as a team, but their title doesn't tie in directly, and I want to watch Nightcrawler not give a damn while everyone else fucks each other up.

10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    How?

11. OMGCoolUsernameBro

OMGCoolUsernameBro
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Ass fucking
  12. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    I was just wondering how Belasco's bottom bitch manages to defeat the Sorcerer Supreme.

13. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Dr. Strange is not the Sorcerer Supreme anymore. He was stripped of his title after abusing of dark magic, and got replaced by Brother Voodoo.

14. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Yeah, and now he teams up with people like Daimon Hellstorm and the Silver Surfer. And Red She-Hulk.

15. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    So glad I stopped paying attention to comics after/during Spiderman's clone crisis.

I still don't see how a guy who can summon and bind Mephisto was beaten by some chick that can barely make a force sword.

16. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I heard rumors that the Avengers' current writer doesn't like Strange, so he was nerfed to a level where he fights like a bitch now.

He has always been teaming up with the Surfer since he created the Defenders team.

17. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Holy shit I just read VS #2. Disappointing as fuck.

18. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

What happened?

19. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

It's the Cap vs Gambit and Spidey vs Colossus issue. Some classic Spider-banter in there but everything else was just so lame.

Anyway, seems that in the wake of such classic events as Everyone is Skrulls, Everyone is Spider-Man, Everyone is Venom, Everyone is Carnage, Everyone is Thor and Everyone is Hulk, we now have Everyone is Phoenix. And I'm pretty sure they're setting the stage to do Everyone is Symbiotes again soon.

20. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

21. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Has Marvel tried not sucking? Anyway, I really wish that Superheroes would age, have kids and die. We've been with the same characters for, what, 70 years now? For the mutants it's clear that kids can obtain traits from both parents ergo you'd have characters who inherit powers from both parents. How awesome would that be? Not spin-offs, either. But an actual canon storyline. Alas, geeks hate change. Both the producer and consumer.

22. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

That's what you'd think based on Rachel Grey and Cable, except they don't have eyebeams, but Magneto's kids somehow got super-speed and the ability to completely rewrite reality.
    They do like to avoid change. Marvel's been going 50 years but canonically only about 13, DC's been around since the late 30s but it rebooted twice, so it's standing at about 10 months at the moment, 26 years before that, about 47 before that. All that to avoid having to come up with ideas.

23. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I think the only character that has aged according with real time was John Constatine, but he is a Vertigo character so.

Their best days were really in the 70's, when they had a lot of experimental works going on. It's the same period which weird stuff like Howard the Duck appeared and their titles were more varied instead being just superheroes non-stop.

24. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Btw I just saw this in other forum:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/06/avengers-vs-x-men-5-review

25. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

wat

26. Lord Raptor

Lord Raptor
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

"Superheroes fighting with each other is a deep and complex storyline and none of your haters can get it!"

27. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Man, you just triggered some memories...

P1010097.JPG

I have to reread that shit

28. Patroclus Rex

Patroclus Rex
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Huh, that final issue actually wasn't too bad, considering what Aaron had to work with.