Attention all EDitors

Discussion in 'Encyclopedia Dramatica Collaboration' started by Dr. Rice, Aug 3, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
  2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    My genetic memory boils my blood with excitement!

3. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Update, this is going to be AOTN on the 7th & 8th

4. Thayora

Thayora
    Expand Collapse
    Moeologist

Home Page:
    ok fine jfc

5. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    Uh.

Okay?

6. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Fine be lazy niggers, I don't need you for I am a strong independent Palestinian woman!

7. Atomic_Joe

Atomic_Joe
    Expand Collapse
    Joevahkiin

Throat Puncher
    Home Page:
    It's not an object of motivation, I just can't set my trollbeams to anything other than idle when it comes to politics.

8. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    I want to help make it funnier. I just don't know how to start. It's really factual. I'm afraid I'd break it.

9. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Only the gallery and above really need work, and by work I mean piping, funny quips, and maybe a see also

10. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Are you really trying to start a political party with this?
    ED, and subsequently 4chan, aren't exactly places for calm discussions, or one to even agree on something besides "killing cats is bad". ED is not, or will be, Occupy Wall Street.

11. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    It won't be as the Party is not related to the Sysop system of the website. We are a Party with a doctrine (Encyclopedia Dramatica) without a State. We are Internet Prussians, if you will. We are expanding the role of ED to document politics and drama. As a website that is constantly harassed for simply exercising the right of free speech, we need to defend ourselves politically. We can only do so through grassroots support to tell the bought out fucks in Washington that this is a new game they play, our game.

12. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    @LiquidSnake you and the rest of the OhI people are just incredibly mad that if you stuck with ED for another two years, this would be YOUR story, but no. You sided with a talentless fat shecow who led you out of the promised land.

13. LiquidSnake

LiquidSnake
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

omg this has nothing to fucking do with Ohi.

I'm telling you this won't work because ED can't have a party. It just can't. If you want to document political drama, then fine. But don't pretend this is some kind of fucking crusade or "political revolution". I remember you bringing this up back in EDF1, and you were subsequently told to shut the fuck up. At first, I didn't know why. Seemed like a good idea. But it makes more sense now, because the most this will evolve into is people taking news articles in their country and then posting it on ED. And while posting these articles, everyone will argue because of people like The Member Formerly Known As Baya Rae editing these articles, or even homophobes and pedophiles. It will become a Metacritic of news articles. It's even more important here where no one is banned, and everyone has a voice. Idiots will take advantage of that. While that is how a democracy works, some people are just wrong. Even your page that you posted shows the essential problem in this. It's next to unreadable because it's all LULZ and COCKS instead of just saying the problem and how to address it. Even Anonymous and LulzSec show the problem in this. THEY CARE MORE ABOUT TROLLING THAN ACTUAL CHANGE. What's their most dangerous tatic? Finding out your phone number and then calling you to say fag. And you know why? Because LulzSec, and even Anon, are filled with maladjusted nerds.

And ED is harassed because it trolls. All the time. And that offends people. Not because it's some kind of free state that offends political notions of how the internet should function. Reddit is under attack for it's "free speech" but that doesn't mean what they are saying is right. If you REALLY want to tell the man to fuck off, then help Occupy Wall Street grow some fucking balls. ED is not the place for your hermetic pseudo-fascistic bullshit. And you know why? Because the people here. Don't. Fucking. Care. I mean GOD, there is 285+ pages on some fucking fur-faggot. And then 185+ on some shitty webcomic artist. And what? Like 4 on your ED Political Party thread?

But really, if you want to post political dramas, then fine. Do it. All the more power to you. Governments need to be held responsible. But all that is is reporting, news reporting. And do know that telling MAJOR news sites about this, like BBC or something or even WikiLeaks, does far more than posting it here. Seriously, take it to WikiLeaks, OWS, anything but ED. Even 4chan and Reddit would care more because they have boards where people care about those things. You won't be taking down governments. You are not WikiLeaks. You are not Assange. You are not Occupy Wall Street. You are not the Arab Spring. You are just some guy, on the interent, making articles about really dumb people.

14. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

ps topiary was extremely entertaining

15. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:

Unreadable? I have no fucking idea what you are talking about and nor have the several other EDitors have. I don't believe you actually read the article given that based on the dumb shit you have said.

Oh I am just some guy on the internet?! Well thanks for explaining that to me and the documents I have, cause if I remember correctly, very few people are actually doing anything infodumping out there, especially from internal documents of something as big like PG&E, so please again tell me how I am just some guy.