Any failure stories of Art college?

Discussion in 'Trolls & Lulz' started by ExplosiveDiareah, Jun 19, 2012.

1. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Anybody know any stories of particular detail of USI dickheads that went to Art College and insisting that they would become successful and talented with everybody wanting to hire them,
    ended up working in Mcdonalds, or a Cafe?

I hear about it, but i want some examples, because i don't know any..
    Don't want people IN art college, people who were in art college and got hit over the head hard with the reality that painting David Firth shit does not make you important to anybody, or society as a whole.

2. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    What the fuck does this have to do with trolls?

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    They should try painting that shitty Aboriginal art then passing it off as the real deal. They'd be deadly.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

It's material for upsetting some twits who believe art college is going to provide them with a future.

5. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Actually, I've heard of schemes where art grads copy famous paintings in order to sell them on the black market through an art dealer. There's also that scheme where you make a painting then get a terminally ill person to sign it so you can sell it after they die for ten times the profit you normally would.

There are uses for art grads, too bad they don't have the sort of brains you need to actually make it in the real world. But that's what all these artsy are like. Living up in some sort of fantasy world and ignoring the real one. That's why I laugh every time I see a musician or a poet or an artist try to make some "social commentary."

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

To quote a certain song.
    TELL ME MOAR TELL ME MOAR TELL ME MOAR.

7. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    ...about?

8. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Poets and Artists making social commentary and living in an autistic fantasy.

9. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    You can hear it in their music.

Though, listening to these songs doesn't make me laugh per se. It's tragic because you can hear that they put their hearts into it. As artists tend to do. As artists are only capable of doing.

10. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    @ExplosiveDiareah I can tell you a semi-personal story about a very important experience I've had with these artsy types, if you'd like. But it's a bit off-topic.

11. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

go for it, i like hearing about people complaining about hipster faggots.

12. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    My birth town was one of the epicenters of the war. People in the west bitch about discrimination. They don't know what discrimination is. Members of my tribe, my clan and my family were beaten and shot and gutted in the streets and in their homes. Most of the time they died. Their corpses were left where they fell until they liquefied. Anybody who came to collect them received a similar fate. Sometimes they were left for dead so their death was prolonged by tens of minutes or even hours. Again, nobody was allowed to help them. Then there were those who were detained and were more or less tortured for months or even years before they died. To my knowledge, only the elderly and retarded were left alone. Though not completely and they also had to live in constant fear. They showed no mercy to women or children. Some were lucky to escape before or early in the war when the security was lax. Half my clan wasn't so lucky. A small example of a larger catastrophe, with so-called western intellectuals as the de facto cataclysm.

Years later as I grew up in Australia I would learn more and more about the so-called intellectuals who would sing praises of our enemies and condemn anybody who defended my tribe in any way with such fanatical vigour. Even when the truth started to emerge they would continue the charade because their careers depended on it or they were too proud or some other superficial reason. I grew to hate them with such incredible fury. It consumed me. So much hatred for so many people. I wished that they'd all suffer. That they'd all lose their loved ones just so they could understand the pain of my family, my clan and my tribe. Just so they could understand my pain. Even if it was for a second. Now I'm empty. Now, if I saw them and their loved ones burning, I would neither help nor hinder them. Now I just wish my tribe would be left alone, but even that's too much to ask for.

13. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

The song of the Thumb people tribe.
    Thumblette_Warrior.
    Thumblette_Warrior. THUMB Nail version.

14. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

They shall wipe out all humans.

15. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

http://briannacherrygarcia.deviantart.com

In case you haven't seen my posts in deviantART, she made it thru a $200,000 art education in SanFran but came out worse than her earlier artwork on DA. Before art school, I SERIOUSLY though she'd excel in a magical way that no internet art obsessive junkie should ever miss. She applied to the Visual Development Team at Disneyland, suffering rejection TWICE. She did get to work as a Sketch Artist though at a gift shop. She'll never be as good as her model Glenn Keane.

Right now I don't think she has a job. Just accepting a minimum price on her comission services in the maximum selfish range right now (how's that for the USI pointer?). http://briannacherrygarcia.deviantart.com/journal/#/d4vpmpc

16. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Maybe she should learn to cut so when the time comes and she realizes how worthless she is and how much she wasted her life she can.... CUT! and do it RITE.

Disney probably took one look at her Resume and as soon as they saw the word DEVIANTART they instantly rejected her :)
    word of advice KimmoAlmPhoenix Tartlets never ever get better at art, they just exist off buttpats and getting attention by drawing fanart of whatever is popular with the weeaboo faggots,
    so needless to say you had Unrealistic_Expectations

Heard plenty of stories from ConceptArt making primitive pencil pushers better.

17. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Her earlier art is worth a look and a few asspats. I just can't figure how she broke on down into a stupid nimbob failing retard when she was at the transcendence where you are at the near final grounds of amateur and just began diving into the early stages of mature experimentation you go thru in college. Why did she get lazier when in her LJ she complained all the time how hectic her schedule was doing homework?

18. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Answer.
    DevianTardism.

19. Rev

Rev
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

First name Jim, last name Bob
    Hitler tried and failed.

20. Sqigur

Sqigur
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

bitchtits
    >getting 90 in art
    >applied to art course in uni
    >got rejected
    >missed too much school
    >applying to video game concept art eventually, when I make a fucking proper portfolio
    >why am I implying things
    >you get my point

feels bad man
    :(

I did however get an offer from a art college, but I replied too late.

:(

21. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Hitler was not that bad an artist, he had strengths, he probably didn't have time for art after the treason and seizing power and extermination papers he had to file.

No artist is perfect, but better artists tend to be the ones who are detached to what they make and always look for improvement.

22. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    That briannacherry...whatever the fuck is really inconsistent. I get that you are going to try things and not everything is going to have as much effort put into it, but it seems all over the damn place. There is no personal style and no real originality in any of her work. Disney doesn't need hire someone to redraw the Little Mermaid for them; they'll just use the better artists they have to do that for them.

23. KimmoAlmPhoenix

KimmoAlmPhoenix
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Former name bri-chan, which she regretted naming herself years ago. Real name Brianna Garcia.

She used to have a blog up and on her last post in the comment section an Anonymous user made the remark her style is too simple needs more tweaking. She didn't ban him but she lost interest in updating that blog.