Another Thread about Hermeticism

Discussion in 'Hard Gay Shitpost Metropolis' started by Dr. Rice, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    From the land of the Ancient Pharaohs comes the true religion of the mutiverse: Hermeticism. Our Prophet and Teacher Hermes Trismegistus spent 300 years on this earth and after his death, the Egyptians deified him as the God Thoth teaching the nature of the mutiverse to his students. He was named Thrice Greatest. It is unsure if it had to do with the Trinity he preached, his three professions (High Priest, Scientist/Alchemist, and Pharaoh), or the three metaphysical sciences he is credited for discovering: alchemy, astrology, and theurgy (inviting possession).

It is very likely that some of you in your lifetimes have come across individuals (depending on the kind of people you associate yourself with) have similar beliefs to Hermeticism without them ever using that name. Why is this true? Why are our basic tenets so universal?Because some individuals have been granted a glimpse into the truth. Throughout history, known hermeticists were easily the smartest and most skilled people of their field of that time period. Isaac Newton even translated text from the Emerald Tablet (which is Hermetic in origin). There is no conclusive evidence of how much Hermeticism influenced Newton (as he was a devoted Christian Mystic), it is reasonable that Hermeticism influenced him regardless (otherwise he wouldn't have even bother trying to translate our works). Also if the scientific terms seem outdated or incorrect, that is because this book is 99 years old.

So without much ado, here is the generic book for the new student.

“THE LIPS OF WISDOM ARE CLOSED, EXCEPT TO THE EARS OF UNDERSTANDING"

http://www.damndevil.com/holy/kybalion.pdf

2. Beefcake

Beefcake
    Expand Collapse
    Best-selling author

Yawn.

3. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Penis Inspector
    So you like yugioh now or something like that?

4. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    No, if I was to base something I like off my religious preferences it would be like mixing The Matrix with angelic beings.

5. CONTCOM

CONTCOM
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Why not something cool like that Immortals movie? Shit was TIGHT and Horus does hilarious shit like fuck chicks and make prosthetic legs.

6. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
    Entertaining.

7. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    For people who don't like to read, the best collection of Hermetic works is actually music by Tobias Sammet. While not all of the music on Edguy is hermetic in nature, all the music for Avantasia is about hermeticism, especially the Scarecrow trilogy.

I recommend listening to the Scarecrow trilogy in chronological order. One could begin to figure out hermeticism from their music, but you will miss a lot if you don't familiarize yourself with their works. While the Kybalion is a great start, there is much more to hermeticism and if you want I have 6 GBs of occult books on my computer (only a fraction is related to hermeticism directly) that I can email to you.

Despite what the TOW page says, the story begins here with a mental patient telling the story of his life, how it goes from there, that is up to your interpretation (which is the foundation of hermeticism, only the worthy interpret it correctly). Also don't read the comments on the majority of these songs to get an interpretation, many fans believe that the scarecrow is an actual scarecrow (it isn't), but they are only listening for the metal (and nothing is wrong with that).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scarecrow_(story)