'Anonymous' hacks government site to protest hacktivist's death

Discussion in 'News' started by umkemesik, Jan 27, 2013.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
?

Is Anonymous right to go after the Judiciary?

1. Yes, but they aren't right in the head.

53.8%
  2. No, but it will be funny to see them V& and raided.

46.2%
  1. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    la-na-nn-anonymous-hack-government-website-201-001.

By Marisa Gerber
    January 26, 2013, 5:34 p.m.

SAUCE: http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...ymous-hackers-swartz-20130126,0,3721767.story

• OP is a Faggot OP is a Faggot x 1
    • List
  2. umkemesik

umkemesik
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Internet Stalker
    Home Page:
    BTW, for you people that did not know. I was prosecuted under the CFAA for similar ridiculous charges.

The theory was that I exceeded my authorized access by using my access to commit a crime. Two Investigating Officers at Court-Martial recommended dismissal since there was no policy or regulation defining what I was not supposed to do. The Government argued that since I used my aces for nefarious purposes I automatically exceeded my access.

The General ignored the recommendation and I was found guilty of violating the CFAA.

Fast forward 10 years and a majority of Circuit Courts have found this law to be either overboard or not applicable to terms of use violations or situations were there are no defined parameters of access.

The only Circuit who has said otherwise is the 7th Circuit lead by Closeted Homosexual (yes he is) Frank Easterbrook. Unfortunately the 7th Circuit is here in Chicago. But Frank lives in butt fuck Alaska. Try to figure that one out.

Anyway, I appealed citing the majority opinions in this matter as well as the investigating officers. I was Summary Denied in one sentence: We find the charges to be correct in law.

Our judiciary is incompetent.

On another note, the 9th Circuit RECENTLY tossed a case like this in United States v. Nosal. There was a similiar case called WEC Carolinia v. Miller.

Both of these were heading to the Supreme Court but then the petitions were dismissed. This probably was political as it seems our incompetent Government WANTS to have a Circuit Split.

But shocking to me is why the Solicitor General would not appeal Nosal (which the charges were dismissed) but then pursue similar charges in this case.

In any rate we have a situation were this law is legal in some jurisdiction, and not others. Aaron Swartz killing himself is stupid since he stood a chance of beating the charges IMHO.

3. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer
    With Trixie banished the news has spiked in quality.

4. KoalaRimjob

KoalaRimjob
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Server Administration
    lol @ yahoo toolbars

5. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I look forward when Anonymous becomes more like this

6. MedicalParrot

MedicalParrot
    Expand Collapse
    Pffffft

Oh yeah
    Home Page:
    Fix'd

7. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I think you have confused Anonymous with a group of people who have a valid political point instead of the whiny shelter entitled 16 year old's that they are.

8. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Anon is anything and everything done by humanity anonymously.

In the Odyssey when captured by the cyclops Polyphemus, Odysseus convinces Polyphemus that his name is "Nobody" and when he blinds his captor he is safe from vengeance when Polyphemus runs out screaming "brothers, brothers Nobody has blinded me!" dis-alarming or confusing anyone he managed to alert.

Pride made Odysseus rush forth and take credit as he was sailing away and so called out "It is I Odysseus who have blinded you! It was I, King of Ithaca, Odysseus!" It is because of this it takes Odysseus so long to get home, for when Polyphemus prays to his father Poseidon, he now knows who to blame.

Moral: Do it for the lulz, or don't do it at all.

"Lulzsec" "Occupy" and any other group that takes on an identity are not Anonymous and it is an oxymoron to refer to them as such.

9. jack

jack
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

sadly the problem with people being able to learn from that is this culture is now naturally self- absorbed.hell,even weev was too stupid to know not to fucking say anything.

10. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

This culture no longer provides a proper liberal education about the basics of the western civilization they live in. I am not saying western civilization and culture is superior, but those that live within it's walls should know what the fuck it is.