'Anonymous' hackers intercept conversation between FBI and Scotland Yard on how to deal with hackers

Discussion in 'News' started by afilthy jew, Feb 4, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
  1. afilthy jew

afilthy jew
    Expand Collapse
    Dramacrat

Killing Palestines for a living
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Sauce

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...cotland-Yard-on-how-to-deal-with-hackers.html

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2143768/anonymous-releases-fbi-uk-conference

2. TKN

TKN
    Expand Collapse
    FINAL BOSS

CTU - New York
    [​IMG]
    The call, said to have taken place last month, covers the tracking of Anonymous and similar groups, dates of planned arrests and details of evidence held.
    Anonymous also published an email, apparently from the FBI, showing the email addresses of call participants.
    The FBI and Scotland Yard confirmed the leak and said they were investigating.
    It also emerged on Friday that hackers linked to Anonymous had accessed the websites of several US law enforcement agencies and that of the Greek justice ministry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16875921

3. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Penis Inspector
    anannymoose is legion guize

4. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    For every 10 thousand faggots in a mask they bought at Hot Topic, there is one hacker on steroids. I approve, because fuck the feds.

5. lulzbomb

lulzbomb
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

LOL Anonymous is now officially serious business.

6. Voodeuxfy

Voodeuxfy
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

I build cool shit, and investments.
    Home Page:
    I like cheese, these guys are totally not FBI gaiz. Oh hey, there's an unmarked van outside...

7. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

it sounds like the kind of conversation I have with my friends over Skype, not professional at all.

also the voices sound like kids.

8. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Kind of wish they used their great power with great responsibility

9. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

.... Did it ever occur to all these government intelligence and security agencies to just stop hackers by, well, NOT using the internet to host and transfer these details?

i always tend to think of having things like banking, shopping, government documents written in a widely used and easily compromised computer language and easily exploited and intercepted method of communicating these info's as a VERY BAD IDEA.

10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    You are giving the government (of any state or country) too much credit. The majority of the "hacks" anonymous pulls off are merely interception of unencrypted info and discovery of archives. Most of the time, they do not even have to go through security, as it is not there in the first place.

11. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

How stupid do you have to be to not notice that someone in the call isn't saying anything (even if they have the proper credentials)? They called roll in the beginning, and almost caught the dude. But then they blew it off. What?! Do people regularly join and just fuck right off in the middle of a conference call like this? Jesus Christ.

12. Ronny

Ronny
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

dago
    [​IMG]

13. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

well, if they'd used actual phones for the communication rather than VoIP... it still would have been possible to intercept, but not as easy as it used to be.

also, I didn't hear them saying anything all THAT important, so I dunno if they even cared.

14. Fraud Based Economy

Fraud Based Economy
    Expand Collapse
    Disinherited Nigerian Prince

I learned that there was a McDonalds inside the Pentagon. One has to wonder, what the drive through lane would look like. Do you think that they advertise from the Interstate?

PENTAGON
    NEXT EXIT
    REST AREA - McDonalds
    NEXT REST AREA 27 MILES.

15. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

dude, most large office buildings have some sort of food court, it's hardly unusual.

16. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

To Tap traditional phone calls you need to go outside, which is exactly the best method of stopping these "hackers" they hate to go outside.

17. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

well, back in the old days when everything was analog, you could get into someone else's conversation just by playing the right series of notes. not completely sure how to do it now.

18. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

You think that's weird? cheap walkie talkies tend to pickup on truck drivers radio's for communication, it also goes both ways too.

dumb unencrypted frequencies.

19. I_Cant

I_Cant
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

analog radio signals are like that dude. encrypting the things didn't come along until digital, and nobody bothers with that for short range.

20. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

no shit, Digital is all about carrying multiple transmissions in one signal, that's how they can have more with digiTV as it carries more info, Analogue signals are being phased out because they are impractical to keep they would rather save those frequences for other things.