Americans already detained under NDAA?

Discussion in 'News' started by Dr. Rice, Sep 29, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
A very friendly community
  1. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    http://rt.com/usa/news/ndaa-reddit-plaintiffs-hedges-143/

Fuck Obama, fuck Romney, Gary Johnson 2012!!!

2. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Oh Gary, you so silly!

[​IMG]

3. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Who the fuck is... oh, him. He offered Ron Paul the leadership if he wanted. Smart man. If he's anything like Paul is then he's decent, too. Not that it matters. You'd have to convince your fellow countryman to WASTE THEIR VOTE ON A THIRD PARTY. Because if everybody "wastes their vote" on a third party then it's still considered wasting their vote on a third party.

Anyway, all levels of government in America have been breaking the law. The ones at the bottom don't understand and the ones at the top don't care. That's why you've got so many people incarcerated. That's why you... oh nevermind. Words are wasted on American minds.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Bastard child of Jigsaw and Kayako
    Home Page:
    I could have sworn there was one case of it already being used against an American citizen for Saudi decent, but I cannot recall the exact details.

5. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
    Here we go.

>brb, inna woods

6. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

The reason independent parties never win is due to the fact that the vast majority of voters are so ignorant they can only see the parties like sport teams, few do any actual research on the candidates themselves.

Worse still is the fact that even more will vote republican or democrat just for the sake of voting republican or democrat.

I'm both troubled and relieved that the fact that it doesn't matter who wins as presidential, congressional and supreme court elections are all dog and pony show. No matter who is voted in or out, the fact will remain that the total consensus will look after their own interests, which is the best interest of both local and foreign CEO powerhouses that have a foothold.

[The only way to make a real change for the better in this nation would be to break down our entire government and society and to rebuild it into a new form of government that functions as a whole and not as seperate states as we have now.]

7. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    [​IMG]
    FYI, the Supreme Court judges are appointed, not elected. Just like everything else I suppose, but they don't bother pretending that the people have a say in it.

8. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I cannot wait till California secedes from a tyrannical Washington DC.

9. Lyle

Lyle
    Expand Collapse
    turtle

Only
    Snake Plissken

can save us now.

[​IMG]

10. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    We would just end up as a client state of some other nation. California does not have the military resources to protect it's agricultural, entertainment, and technological resources from whomever would desire them.

11. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I disagree, California is one of the largest economies on the earth and can afford a few tanks and helicoptors, mainly gained from looting military complexes, such as the one next to my college. If even 5% of the populace is armed with automatic weaponry and RPGs, no nation could successfully occupy a population of over 30 million people.

12. BizarrePsycho

BizarrePsycho
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Livin' in a Gangsta's Paradise
    That's assuming Californians are willing to fight.

13. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

California is the single most bankrupted state in this country.

California is #1 in debt, at $620 BILLION dollars. #2 is New York with $300 billion.

If Cali split from the union, you might as well move to Zimbabwe, you'd have a better chance of finding food.

14. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Seriously, Cali is the most federally reliant state in this country. It will never break off from DC. No state ever will, but in the off chance that it did happen, I'd put my money on Texas, New Hampshire, or Alaska.

15. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

In fact, we should KICK YOU OUT for not paying your fucking bills. I'm sure you'll appreciate your new Mexican cartel overlords.

16. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    Also assuming that the military is just going to give their weaponry to us, which they won't.
    Lol, no. If there is one thing California is not going to run out of, it is food.
    We would probably get Nevada as well, as they depend heavily on California water sources.

17. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

WITH WHAT MONEY

18. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

those stats are useless. without money, all your farms will collapse.

19. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    with $37.5 billion in revenue.

As I understand it, most of California's debt is tied to its variety or public assistance programs. Cut those, put the people to work farming/military operations, and the problem solves itself.

20. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

half your problem is the people are unwilling to work.

37.5B < 600B

drug lords will take over. you already got a nasty problem with MS13s. you think they won't want a piece of the pie? good luck fighting them off.

21. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Hm... something's missing... wait, I know!

@PerpetuallyAroused Hey, Perpa, you haven't tucked us in and told us how everything's going to be okay.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  22. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    How is Gary Johnson any better? Most of what he supports is a large step back, across the board.

His recent interview on reddit is a good example of this.

Ignorance on budgetary and scientific issues:
    [​IMG]

Ignorance of foreign affairs:
    [​IMG]

Prison privatization for profit:
    [​IMG]

Improper campaign spending:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course, theres always this guy.
    [​IMG]

There's a plethora of other issues at hand, but this sums up a lot of my concerns in one place.

23. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Johnson aint nothin but a poor man's Ron Paul. I'm going to defend his positions anyway.

1) NASA: Eliminate all funding. This should be privatized. Privatized business runs more efficiently than any government program, and in 2012 there is simply no benefit to being the first on Mars. We used to be in a race against Russia. The whole thing is built on national pride. Completely unnecessary.

2) Foreign policy. We don't need embassies in every damn country. We don't need to be there at all. Send everyone home and let them nuke each other. Why do we care so damn much, it's not our problem. In fact, we CAUSE the majority of the problems. Stop the war on drugs, maybe Latin America can recover from all the shit we put them through.

3) Prison Industrial Complex. It's already for-profit. I wouldn't mind seeing the federal veil removed.

4) Campaign spending. This is a non issue. He's not the campaign director, and he's working with less than 1/100th of what the big-two get to play with.

He still sucks. I'm not voting.

24. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    I like Gary Johnson not because he is a great guy all around, but rather he supports a few policies I like: such as ending the war on drugs (which if done, will significantly hurt the prison industrial complex machine), rebuilding our nations infrastructure, legalizing industrial hemp, slashing the military budget, and no more wars based on neocon whims.

The only candidate in 2012 that even came close to me liking across the board was Jon Huntsman because he understood that the relationship between the United States and China is the single most political, economic, and social relationship between countries for the next 100 years. To put it bluntly, Jon Huntsman is a man who thinks beyond his presidency, far into the future, he is aware of the phrase "Chinese time."

I agree the privatized business generally is more efficient than the state. However, state directed development is an investment. Investing in space related technologies is an investment unlike any other. It is necessary. Why is it necessary? Which ever nation first profits off space in any way, whether it be: asteroid mining, manufacturing in space, or finding caches of alien technology is the nation that will forever command the destiny of the human race under their banner. China is not simply racing for the moon (which they are doing this for nationalist reasons), but they are racing for space to find a profit because they think with "Chinese time," much like they when they started monopolizing the rare earth market in the 80s. Now I don't know about you, but I have lived in Hong Kong, I know what these Chinamen are like. I do not like the notion that these bastards will ever command the destiny of humanity simply because they profited from space first.

Also Uber and others, you are assuming that the circumstances in which California secession will happen under normal circumstances. It won't at all. When it does actually happen, the debt problem will simply vanish because no one will care based on what happens leading up to the moment of secession and to the events that follow the secession.

25. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Obama and Romney will go to war with Iran, in the process will kill tens of thousands of our soldiers simply because of the interests of Zionists and the IMF (as Iran is challenging our Petrol dollar) it is tragic.

26. uberfukken

uberfukken
    Expand Collapse
    Rainmaker

Back to reality, there are no profits in space. It is a gigantic money hole. We aren't even close to figuring out what we'd be able to mine, nor are we close to having the resources to mine it.

Until someone invents a space elevator, there's nothing in it besides discovering a new element or something otherwise useless to humanity because we can't harvest the shit without spending billions upon billions of dollars.

Launching shit with a rocket is not a cost efficient method of travel. However, it's all we have now. Maybe we should invest some of our money on figuring out how to send a monkey to space for less than $100,000,000.00

Let them piss their money away. They're wasting their time. Space exploration is about scientific discovery, understanding how we came to be. Building a house on the moon will not give them pull with anything on a geopolitical platform. There is no alien technology to be found within a light-year of our home planet. If they want to spend billions of dollars transporting useless fucking moon rocks, that's their problem.

It's not going to happen. In the off-shoot chance that it did, and Californias decided their debt didn't matter, the US military would Rape, pillage, and liquidate your asses to collect. You can't just ignore six hundred billion dollars, it doesn't work like that.

27. Ror

Ror
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

KOREAN EAT DOG
    There's... so many things terribly wrong with this post.
    You're equating all Chinese nationals to this standard based upon you're view of HK nationals. You talk about PRC policies yet use the time you lived in a SAR like Hong Kong as proof of your reasoning. Chinamen? Really?

What about the ROC nationals? Are they "Chinamen" are they bastards who shouldn't be able to use outer space as well?

Were you even making any kind of a coherent point here?

It doesn't matter if China profits from space first, they are funding their own national Space program while the US's stands to lose even more if the policies of people like Gary Johnson dictate what gets funded.
    In the end it will be America's own fault if it becomes second place in space. Even the Russians manage to keep a constant presence in Space for the time being.

28. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    Dude I am all for this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_driver Also we need to accept the Nazis developed "anti gravity technology" (I doubt they could practically use such technology, but I do believe beyond a doubt they were onto something http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter) and resume the work the Nazis did in those fields.

We don't know what is out there since we have explored very little. We should be spending a lot more money at this point for exploration of our solar system. That imo, is a reasonable first step towards space. Do I want a moon colony now like Newt Gingrich proposed? Fuck yes, but I know realistically that is impractical. Creating more shit like Curiosity is realistic.

The only time that Californian secession would be considered is if the dollar collapses, which will happen for any number of reasons: 1) no one wants to buy a currency tied to 16 trillion dollars of debt; 2) Fukushima's reactor 4 collapses/blows up/whatever and causes at the very least all of Japan has to flee from the radiation causing 100 million people to flee, causing total world economic collapse; 3) a run on the American dollar happens for whatever reason.

I don't think you understand what the Chinese who have loyalties to the mainlanders are like. They are humans, but they don't think like us. This viewpoint only appears as racist as you don't understand Chinese society as an entire entity of 2000 years of history since they had their "enlightenment" and "industrial revolution." In many aspects, the Chinese are much more advanced as a "nation" than any other collection of individuals based on a cultural identity.

Taiwan deserves whatever fate their democracy concludes. If they want to be independent. They deserve it. If they want to join the mainlanders, they deserve it.

Yes

You are thinking these budget cuts are permanent. They are only temporary.

29. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    I don't lend legitimacy to stupid allegations by jealous foreigners.

30. MrGask

MrGask
    Expand Collapse
    #FreeGask

Home Page:
    People are willing to do whatever circumstances force them to do, just like anywhere else. Most people in California that don't work do so because they can make more money having kids at 14 than they ever could working. It is a lot easier as well. As I said, cut government assistance programs, kill the old (70 and over) and the problems will sort themselves out.
    San Diego and portions of LA have a problem with MS13. They are not representative of the rest of the state. Somehow, I don't see drug gangs running a state any better than our current overlords.