American Military Cutbacks

Discussion in 'Religion & Politics' started by Seku, Jan 5, 2012.

?

:D

1. Yea

85.7%
  2. Nea

14.3%
  1. Seku

Seku
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

bad bich
    Home Page:
  2. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The cutbacks are suppose to cut pensions and other benefits of soldiers. While I don't know exactly that entitles, if they think they can cut mental health benefits to our returning veterans, they are going to awaken to a world of hurt.

3. Allele

Allele
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Hero

Student
    Sure why not, I could care less if there were dead veterans littering the streets, worthless scum.

4. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    That's very selfish of the Yanks.

How is Australia supposed to defend itself if you wankers cut your military? How is our government supposed to pay for all their left-wing bullshit greenie policies if we have to also pay to defend ourselves?

5. Dr. Rice

Dr. Rice
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Small Business Wizard
    Home Page:
    The military sphere of influence is merely shifting from the Atlantic to Pacific. You Australians are not being forgotten at all. Just ask The Member Formerly Known As Baya about it, he is pretty upset by it.

6. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    I'd rather slam my penis in a car door.

Actually, you're correct in that the military ties are still pretty strong. There's a bunch of US Marines who'll be temporarily invading Darwin for some joint exercises. They can fucking have the top of the country as far as I'm concerned.

7. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    I'm all for America exhausting itself for absolutely no tangible reason. Nobody's intimidated by America anymore. America has become a joke. A running gag. A meme that's way past its prime. And now these retards want to remain top dog? Are they so out of touch with reality? Perhaps they should get a clue and divert the money from the military to rebuilding their pathetic excuse for a nation. Or, better yet, get back to a budget surplus.

Also, I love how everybody's willing to cut veteran benefits which are about 1/10th of the budget yet aren't willing to cut back on the floating junkyards they call CVBGs.

8. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    Lived in the Northern Territory for three years.
    so i agree with this completely.

but on the topic at hand.

Is America trying to get back to the top of the Spree Shooter High Score?

9. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

From what I've experienced they're keeping the core benefits in, they'll never take them out. And the cutbacks they do have aren't something to cry about

No more signing bonuses- Most of the jobs used to have a signing bonuses, now only certain combat jobs have it.
    No more extra pay for extra training. Going through special training like Airborne earns you less money.
    Cutting down on the idiots: The minimum req for the ASVAB had been raised from 32 to 50. This has cut HUGE demographic of people wanting to enlist.
    You need a Highschool Diploma: Cutting even more guys from entering.
    You need to have a Jesus esque criminal, drug, legal issues record: You fucked up anywhere in your lifetime your out.
    Job reservations are more brutal: Only the top kids get the jobs they want. Bottom kids get fucked over with leftovers.

There's a lot more shit than this but nothing to cry about. We still have our robot flying death machines.

Bottom line, A huge chunk of the guys I've met with would have never made if they enlisted last year

10. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

There should be a law passed that bars any Americans from entering Australia.
    Obama should have been arrested for setting foot on Australian soil.

11. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    So... America doesn't want to kill off its retards and failures? I would've thought that was the first thing it'd want to do.

12. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

That's basic military status quo, but for the most part that's what it turned into. I imagine the Australian military would be the same.

13. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Indeed. Australia only wants its best and brightest to die in a desert wasteland for no reason on America's behalf.

14. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Someone has to kill them.

15. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Isn't that what the USMC is for? To provide the dumb muscle that follow orders without question and are easily expendable, I mean.

You don't need Australia. Australia is there to provide the appearance that America isn't raping Afghanistan (or the world, for that matter) by its lonesome.

16. TheDukeOfCrowns

TheDukeOfCrowns
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

We really don't need any country to do fighting other than ourselves . For the most part, countries like Australia, Canada are just there for "humanitarian" support with most casualties coming from LED's and Road Gofers.

17. ExplosiveDiareah

ExplosiveDiareah
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Wouldn't that mean their politicians would fall under that criteria since most of their politicians are retarded failures because they fail to improve anything and don't seem to have much intellect?

18. Zaichata

Zaichata
    Expand Collapse
    Here for the "Intellectual Debates"

Lazy college senior
    I have a mixed opinion on this one. It's good to cut back spending in numeral size of the army, as we honestly don't need that many soldiers sitting around masturbating in the Iraqi desert, and cut back on all the post-army benefits the veterans get. I've known veterans who retired at age 30(!) and spent the rest of their life cashing in on public health care and veteran programs. I hate people who take advantage of the system.

However, it is not good to cut back on military research spending, as throughout history, a lot of inventions that have a practical (non-military) use have come to been developed through the military first. I'm thinking of space exploration stuff like rockets (based on German V2- missile rockets) and nuclear energy (based on atomic bomb technology). Military inventions have always helped progress mankind. We can't lose that.