A Day in the Life: A Photo Essay of an EDiot

Discussion in 'Image Dump' started by Stormtrooper, Oct 9, 2012.

Encyclopedia Dramatica Forums
  1. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Sentient Game-Boy Thingie
    Home Page:
    'sup EDiots, Stormy here and I thought maybe in this thread, we could all give a small peek of our lives, our daily routine if you will through photographs. So as OP, naturally I'll begin:

[​IMG]

This is a shot of our compound. Notice in the background, the guard tower/concertina wire and obfuscating material on the fence line. This helps (somewhat) on any attempts at surveillance on our boys and girls out here. The sailor that mans the tower is armed with an M240N LMG or M240 'Navy' light machine gun, loaded with 400 rounds of 7.72 ammo, enough to ruin any mother-fucker's day:

[​IMG]

We also use the same M240N's to arm our Metal Shark HSB'S, or Harbor Security Boats:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Back when I was in the Navy, I was one of these awesome men and women who piloted these HSB's, providing waterborne security to our ships at port. Now as a security contractor, I serve my Sailors as a Armorer and Range Master, providing maintenance, maintenance training and practical weapons shooting scenarios to security forces personnel stationed out here. This is my office:

[​IMG]

As shown in this photo, I have a small, modest office, and deal in boring, repetitive work when not actively engaged in training evolutions. I carry an M92FS, or as it's commonly called, the M9 Beretta 9mm:

[​IMG]

It's a reliable, high capacity pistol, with it's only real drawback is it's relative weight and size. I always found the weight re-assuring though, so whatever. Anyway, here are some shots of my workspace:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you see, I mostly deal with the ubiquitous and world-known M4 Rifle, the gold standard in infantry and law enforcement rifles. Firing the nimble 5.56 round from a generous 30 round magazine, it's more than adequate in a CQB scenario, or Close Quarters Battle. Easy to maintain and operate, it's a great beginner's rifle. Just be advised, they can be finicky bitches, so keep up on your cleaning.

Anyway, that's what I do for a living. Now you EDiots post and share!

3. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    You put so much work into these threads... and yet, they are so utterly boring.

4. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    I live a boring life.

5. oddguy

oddguy
    Expand Collapse
    The Prime Memeister

rare deepwater jew
    Home Page:
    Bitch, you just posted pix of about 100 guns.
    Don't give me that "boring life" bullshit. Grab one of those and go shoot someone.

6. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    @Stormtrooper What is this, the 1990s? Tell your bosses to get FNSCARs.

• Autism Autism x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Wow, she actually speaks positively of the M4 rifle? Someone's been reading too much army propoganda. Notice how there are no actual PICTURES of stormtrooper with one of these guns? They don't trust her with one.

8. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Oh also, you can tell stormtrooper doesn't know shit about guns for the following reasons:

1. Heaps praise upon the M240 ( a gun the marines are trying to phase out, as the damn thing is inadequate)

2. Heaps praise on the M4 ( the design is going on 60 years old, it's not the "gold standard" for anything)

3. Says the only real drawback of the 92fs is the weight and size. Instead of you know, firing pussy 9mm rounds.

Remember guy's, she's a military policewoman. Not a real soldier. Her duties involve bringing in drunken sailors, and possibly putting them in the longboat until they are sober.

9. Harpoons

Harpoons
    Expand Collapse
    Fissure of Man

hey did u ever meet gibbs or how about dinozzo hes my favorie that guy is always getting into trouble lol

10. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    ummm...pot?

Clever

It is by far the most popular pistol cartridge among military and law enforcement agencies worldwide, including USA.
    The capacity of the magazines, the cost and the weight more than compensate the relatively low stopping power, which anyways can be taken care of with JHP ammo

But the M4 is more like brown standar, with that I must agree

11. $$Trooper

$$Trooper
    Expand Collapse
    I'm $$Trooper, a badass commie nigger.

Dank Memes professor of Dank Community College.
    Home Page:
    Bugger that, Give them AK47s.
    Good enough for malnourished African child soldiers, good enough for @Stormtrooper and the NAVY.

12. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Dude, what? Both the Glock and Uzi use 9mm rounds.

Except they need a carbine rifle. So they'd use the AMD65 or its variants.

13. Solution

Solution
    Expand Collapse
    Everyone is boring

Home Page:
    You get paid to run ranges?! Like you actually plan/execute training or are you range control?

How is the pay compered to E6+12years? Is there/ what are the civ qualifications?
    I extended my contract for this upcoming deployment and will be ETS'n 3 months after (That is if my warrant packet gets disapproved) so I've been looking for a civ occupations to fall into.

14. Zozmal

Zozmal
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

King of the Shoutbox
    Hows about a glimpse of my old life? While I was in my little town going to school, I worked here. WP_000186.
    It's a really nice place in the middle of the forest, and I loved the walk there. [​IMG]
    I only ever got lost once in this forest. While I did that, I went to school in Köln. I don't have a picture of the school, but here is one of the town. WP_000229.
    After that I came to the states, and the town I was put in was basically being rebuilt, and there were no Drafters around. So they offered to help with my citizenship, and after one more trip back to Germany, to make sure everything was set, I became an American. I miss where I come from, but here I live an independent life surrounded by all new people.

15. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    You come from a beautiful country.

@Solution: get your SAMI (Small Arms Marksmanship Instructor) and CSWI (Crew Served Weapons Instructor) NEC's and apply with Lockheed Martin, you'll get picked up REAL quick. But if you pick up CWO..go that route, retire, then apply. Contractor work will always be around.

16. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    One of the pluses of being a contractor, and not active duty..is the freedom of weapon choices. When I was an active duty Master-at-Arms, we had bare-stock M4's, M500's and M9's. Now, as a civvy I get to dress up my carbine all nice and pretty, like a Barbie doll...that fires 5.56, has Aimpoint optics, Sure-Fire tactical lights and an angled fore-grip, all rounded off nicely with a short barrel and rear back up iron sights

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    I love to fuck around with crew served weapons as well. There is no sexier feeling than pressing down on the butterfly trigger of a 'Ma Deuce' or M2HB Browning .50 machine gun. Jokingly called 'God's Rod' it will send a .50 caliber round 1,830m (2,000 yd) and a maximum effective range of 2,000 m (2,200 yd) when fired from a tripod. In its ground-portable, crew-served role as the M2HB, the gun itself weighs in at a hefty 84 pounds. This sweet bitch fires at 450-575 rounds per minute:

[​IMG]

When 'leaving the wire' to transit to other bases/FOBs or when operating in a ammo/weapon convoy role, my personal carry is the slim, sleek and sexy Sig Sauer P229 double action only pistol, outfitted with a Sure-Fire tactical light, as well as the previous paragraph's M4 SBR.
    [​IMG]

Now when I'm aboard base, just on armory duty, I carry my old reliable Beretta M92FS, (shown with my Beats by Dre headphones and my old PO2 cover that I wear for nostalgia reasons:

[​IMG]

and a little beauty I call 'Stormy's Little Helper', the Remington 870 Magnum Tactical Shorty:

[​IMG]

When shit just got real, and a bitch aint got no time for aiming, let a nigga eat some double ought buck!

18. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    :picard:

Why do you had to ruin the thread boasting about that overpriced crap?

Stormy pls

19. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Overpriced? You betcha.

Crap? Not so sure. The highs are crisp and clear, and I could pick out fine details in tracks I listen to, and they are noise canceling to boot. The mids and lows are resounding and deep, the bass satisfying, but to each there own /shrug

20. CallMeMaggot

CallMeMaggot
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Home Page:
    Nah, I said crap because the price and the hype

They aren't bad headphones at all...but for a third of its price you can have a nice Sennheisers that sound the same or better

And the kids will not throw bricks at you, which is a plus

:p

Edit: I remembered this:

2:04, lol

21. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Elite

Home Page:
    Thanks for the new ringtone

22. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    "the glock and uzi" you say that like they only ever made ONE version in ONE caliber. I can find glock weapons in 9mm. .40, and .45. You can also find Uzis running the gammut from .22 LR to .45 ACP. You're an idiot, and you don't know shit.
    You know who stormtrooper sounds like? The car salesman who has memorized the patter for all the cars his dealership sells, but knows jack shit about real cars.

23. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Indeed. Any "idiot" knows that you use what you have, not what is best.

24. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    Way to not acknowledge that you were completely oblivious to the fact that guns could be produced in more than one caliber. You're a fucking moron The Member Formerly Known As Baya, and you show it more and more every day.

25. GSTalbert1

GSTalbert1
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Part Time Substitute Teacher Full time Teal Deer
    Stormtrooper, cool pics.

26. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    Of course I knew that, Perpa. It's rudimentary knowledge. There are also guns that can use multiple calibres.

27. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    She's a decent photographer. That doesn't mean she's not a filthy lesbian whore.

Explain your usage of "the glock" then. Did you think there was only ONE model of Glock?

28. scumhook

scumhook
    Expand Collapse
    Managing account details

Fellator of the homeless
    Home Page:
    :D

29. Baya Rae 4900

Baya Rae 4900
    Expand Collapse
    Lawlman

Nazi Chocolate (25.8069)
    Home Page:
    The original Glock used 9mm. You worthless piece of shit.

30. PerpetuallyAroused

PerpetuallyAroused
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Superhero Scientist
    That's hardly "the" glock The Member Formerly Known As Baya. I'm sure that was the first commercial line of their first handgun model, but I assure you they probably made several prototypes in multiple calibers.