2.5 years later Blizzard gets around to Starcraft 2.2

Discussion in 'Video Games & Weeaboo Shit' started by Slavoj Jizzek, Jan 29, 2013.

?

Will you buy?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

71.4%
  3. Pirate, you dumb shit....oh wait

14.3%
  4. Fuck you OP, nobody cares

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

I'm an evil Scotsman and my name is Jock
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/heart-of-the-swarm-preview/

I haven't been paying that much attention. I recently bought II for $20 and played through to laugh at the thick accents. Also because I like playing Terrans.

The new release is all Zerg, which are my least favorite to play. Also, it's going to piss actual Zerg players off because the entire campaign is about making Zergs not evil, which is kind of like.....well that's the fucking point. Zerg are a senseless destructive force.

tl;dr

$40 for a fucking update. Also, $60 if you wan't useless shitty swag in your other goddamn Blizzard games.

I am quite possibly the worst Starcraft player ever. I like building a bunch of nuke silos and sending a team of ghosts spectres around doing funny shit. I lose against teams of medium PCs when I play, so I set them on easy and spam stupid shit like armies of marines at them.

Didn't see a thread, so I figured I'd make one so people can
    -say how much they want to buy it, guise!
    -call Blizzard a bunch of wankers
    -express disappointment in their life decisions
    -gloat about their Korean-level leetness
    -say Warhammer did it first.

2. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    The only one I really want to play is Legacy of the Void

3. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

Yeah, making people buy the Protoss campaign separately after waiting for 5 years is retarded. I don't even know if you have to buy the previous two to be able to upgrade. If so, it sucks that much more.

The entire idea is retarded. With the first one and Brood War you got a campaign with each race for each purchase. None of this "GIVE ME ANOTHER $40 FOR ANOTHER CAMPAIGN" bullshit.

4. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    I was one of the idiots who bought the Starcraft "full version" because there were 2, one that allowed to play forever and another that allowed to play for 6 months I think, later that shit changed so I wasted money buying that version, also bought the game with the naive idea that all the campaigns were going to be included, got fucked again so I just played the campaign and uninstalled it forever

5. Weezus Christ

Weezus Christ
    Expand Collapse
    EDF Savior

breakfast mummy
    Home Page:
    never played starcraft and from reading through this thread i never will.

6. Slavoj Jizzek

Slavoj Jizzek
    Expand Collapse
    Girlvinyl

See, I like the basic premise of it being CSA In Space: Rednecks owning Bugs and tall thin aliens who still believe in hitting things instead of developing projectile weapons.

The Terrans are awesome. They're like the Terrans in 40k meets Jeff Foxworthy and General Lee. The story sucks, though and the Jews at Blizzard have been wrecking just about everything else about it.

Oh, and don't even think of playing online unless you are a world-class player. It's more fucking competitive than SOCOM II was. Jesus.

For a guy like me who gets his rocks by running around having a good time in games and doing retarded shit, I think I'll be sticking with Dawn of War, once I can finally get my hands on a decent PC and activate it on my steam.

7. HeliosOne

HeliosOne
    Expand Collapse
    Chibi Warrior

The Second Forum Saint
    Home Page:
    yeah fucking online is like fighting the 2nd Panzer Army, fortunately theres a place for failures as myself
    [​IMG]